If the Eagles get Mariota, I will be upset

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Why the heck would the Browns give up a FIRST round pick for a scrub like Bradford? Especially when he has ONE year left on his deal. If it happens, it will fishy in my opinion.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
It's easier to fix a defense than find an elite QB. And I think with Chip Kelly, Mariota will be an elite QB. That offense will be nearly unstoppable to the point they might not need a great defense........... only a decent one.

how about a terrible one?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would love to see Philly leverage the farm for MM. He is going to be an utter failure IMO.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I would love to see Philly leverage the farm for MM. He is going to be an utter failure IMO.

I do not think Mariota would be that bad. I just think Kelly gutting the entire franchise to vainly push forward his offensive system to feed his own ego would be the real cause.

How on earth if you are Fletcher Cox, Evan Mathis, Brandon Boykin or Mychal Kendricks do you still buy into his program when all he wants to do is use you as a poker chip to get his pet cat?

If all of these rumors are true, he is going to have an inferno on his hands and I want to see it ignite and burn to the ground.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Every year, everyone picks the Eagles. Everyone is spooked by the Eagles. I'm more worried the Giants get another solid lineman or worse yet Amari Cooper.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Two firsts, a second, Cox, Kendricks, and Curry?

Holy moly! That would be utterly insane.

There is absolutely no way Philly would do that. Zero chance, I'd say.

On the other hand, Tennessee would do that in a heartbeat, IMO.

That trade would completely gut that Philly defense and would ruin any chance of success that Kelly has.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
DO IT CHIP
DO IT CHIP
DO IT CHIP
DO IT CHIP
DO IT CHIP

LOL, if he did it I think he would lose the team. That would be just too many good players pushed out the door. The Eagles players who are left would not like it. They already don't with just Shady, DJackson, and Maclin.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why the heck would the Browns give up a FIRST round pick for a scrub like Bradford? Especially when he has ONE year left on his deal. If it happens, it will fishy in my opinion.

They have already offered a first round pick to the Rams for bradford and was turned down.

Alexander

Reaction score
LOL, if he did it I think he would lose the team. That would be just too many good players pushed out the door. The Eagles players who are left would not like it. They already don't with just Shady, DJackson, and Maclin.

Without question he would lose the team.

DO IT CHIP
DO IT CHIP
DO IT CHIP
DO IT CHIP
DO IT CHIP

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Think about this - Part of why Murray reached out to the Eagles is because they got Sam Bradford - his college teammate and roomate. Now , he gets traded?

BTW - you can't but any Bradford jerseys in the Philly area - they have not become available.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Aren't Cox and Kendricks in the last years of their deals too? So, clearly they would have to agree to extensions with Tennessee.

I think they package would be impossible to pass-up, but I think it's too late in the process to make that work. Too many variables.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Without question he would lose the team.

DO IT CHIP
DO IT CHIP
DO IT CHIP
DO IT CHIP
DO IT CHIP

Who is he losing the team to? All the guys he has brought in are his guys. He is shipping out the supposed malcontents. I don't think he is in any danger of losing the team. Not in the offseason. If they turn around and lose 10 games, then I think he would be in trouble.

Alexander

Reaction score
Who is he losing the team to? All the guys he has brought in are his guys. He is shipping out the supposed malcontents. I don't think he is in any danger of losing the team. Not in the offseason. If they turn around and lose 10 games, then I think he would be in trouble.

If he ships out players like Cox, Curry, Boykin, Mathis, Kendricks etc., I know if I am there I wonder what he is doing and what his plan is when he is shipping out my teammates. You cannot gut a roster like that and keep the team confident in your direction.

The first sign of adversity, those wheels will fall right off. That is exactly what happened to Andy Reid in the Dream Team season and the entire city was on him like an animal.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If he ships out players like Cox, Curry, Boykin, Mathis, Kendricks etc., I know if I am there I wonder what he is doing and what his plan is when he is shipping out my teammates. You cannot gut a roster like that and keep the team confident in your direction.

The first sign of adversity, those wheels will fall right off. That is exactly what happened to Andy Reid in the Dream Team season and the entire city was on him like an animal.

Are they getting paid? I don't think there is nearly as much concern as some people let on. These players aren't getting fired and, in many cases, are getting boatloads of money elsewhere. I agree if they have an awful season he'll be in seriously hot water, with more than just his players, but I don't think they'll jump ship that easily.

I think it's also worth noting that most, if not all of the guy who have or have been rumored in trades, are in final years of their deals and would most likely not have been back. They've had and would go on to sign monster deals. Players follow that stuff. They're not getting hung out to dry.

I get your point, I just don't think it's that matter of fact.

Alexander

Reaction score
Are they getting paid? I don't think there is nearly as much concern as some people let on. These players aren't getting fired and, in many cases, are getting boatloads of money elsewhere. I agree if they have an awful season he'll be in seriously hot water, with more than just his players, but I don't think they'll jump ship that easily.

If NFL players were nearly as level-headed and mature professionals as you indicate here, no coach would ever lose his team.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I do not think Mariota would be that bad. I just think Kelly gutting the entire franchise to vainly push forward his offensive system to feed his own ego would be the real cause.

How on earth if you are Fletcher Cox, Evan Mathis, Brandon Boykin or Mychal Kendricks do you still buy into his program when all he wants to do is use you as a poker chip to get his pet cat?

If all of these rumors are true, he is going to have an inferno on his hands and I want to see it ignite and burn to the ground.

I've been alright with the moves that Chip has made thus far. He has made strategic moves that improve his offense without sacrificing the defense.

But if he starts cutting into the strength of the defense to try to get a QB, he is hurting the team AT LEAST in the short term pretty substantially.