If the Eagles get Mariota, I will be upset

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If NFL players were nearly as level-headed and mature professionals as you indicate here, no coach would ever lose his team.

That's a good point.

Like I said, I think he can definitely lose his team, I just don't think it's as dire as some are leading on. He's trading guys in contract years. In the NBA this is business as usual.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That's a good point.

Like I said, I think he can definitely lose his team, I just don't think it's as dire as some are leading on. He's trading guys in contract years. In the NBA this is business as usual.

This is the NFL. Even though players should just laugh at the idea of being cut etc. as good ones will get paid anywhere, NFL players just think differently IMO.

Sydla

Reaction score
Rumors are Jets could make a play for #2 to take Fowler. Tennessee takes WR at 6.

If that happens, Mariota slips until the 7-10 range. At that point, Philly can get their guy and not give up nearly as much.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Rumors are Jets could make a play for #2 to take Fowler. Tennessee takes WR at 6.

If that happens, Mariota slips until the 7-10 range. At that point, Philly can get their guy and not give up nearly as much.

image.png

Plankton

Reaction score

This would make me so happy.

The Eagles would have to trade their second rounder this year, or 2017, or get one in a trade. They are already missing next season's second.

I REALLY hope that they do this.

Sydla

Reaction score
Do. Not. Like.

The flip side is he does slip, more teams will be interested. For example, there are rumors if Mariota slips to 7 or 8, the Rams could move #10 and Brockers to get him. Cleveland could also tell Philly to pound sand on their Bradford deal and trade 12-19 to get up to 8 or so and take Mariota.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I hope like HELL the Eagles trade up to #2 for the QB...lol.

1. They will have to give up next year's 1-2, maybe a 1 the following year, and probably Bradford or others.

2. Mariotta will not win games as a rookie...no expert thinks he's ready to start. So what if it's a system he knows...the problem is knowing NFL teams and anticipating throws...those are his flaws.

The Eagles would drop out of NFC East contention for at least two years, I my opinion. I would LOVE this trade as much as I would hate it if the Cowboys did it.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Titans already have two better first round offers from the Browns for this year.

Eagles would have to give up next year's 1st, probably this year's second, and a QB like Bradford and others.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Chip Kelly is doing everything to get fired this off season.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Looks like this is going to happen. reports are other teams are out of the mix. This years pick at 20, 2016 1st round pick, Curry, Cox and Kendricks.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Looks like this is going to happen. reports are other teams are out of the mix. This years pick at 20, 2016 1st round pick, Curry, Cox and Kendricks.

does Curry start for the Eagles? If so, wow, 3 starters plus a 1st rounder. Who is left on Philly's defense?

reddyuta

Reaction score

What's the guarantee those 3 guys will resign with the Titans?

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
does Curry start for the Eagles? If so, wow, 3 starters plus a 1st rounder. Who is left on Philly's defense?

Curry is rotational guy. Cox under agreement for 2 years, Kendricks for 1. Seems stupid to me.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Curry is rotational guy. Cox under agreement for 2 years, Kendricks for 1. Seems stupid to me.

I would take all of them, give them Mariota and laugh my head off.

This is not a league where you can count on keeping players for multiple years.

This would be a heist for the Titans if they could pull it off, even if he were a "franchise" QB, much less a pretend one who only fits in one kind of offense.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Please let this happen...

I think if they make a trade like this rumored trade I wouldn't be that worried if Mariota becomes Manning/Brady for a few years. Its really hard to build a team with 1 top 2 round picks in 2 years.