If the WFT wins out, they take the East

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, because anyone realizes the team leading the division wins out they win the division, isn't that stating the obvious?

I thought it was odd that a team behind 2 games with 6 left could control their own destiny and win the division.

Each of the teams, including PHL and NYG in a long shot, is still alive to win the division but only two can win it by winning out but there are also other scenarios that have each team winning it.

The division has not had a repeat winner in 17 years. If WFT were to pull that off, they would be the 1st since PHL in 2004.

I am not suggesting that they will win out or win the division, I still think the Cowboys will win it but I did think it was odd the WFT didn't need any help to take it from behind.

What this does, in essence, is put the Saints game as a must win for several reasons but most of all to stop the bleeding.
In lieu of all the other negative threads of late, this is just another one. Again, it should state “If the Cowboys win out they win the division”. But I get it. Once the board is flooded with negativity, others like to pile on to try and fit in.

JBS

Reaction score
This guy can’t get enough of these ridiculously dumb threads

5 days ago it was Philly - they failed miserably

now he’s pushing Washington

This guy is legitimately one of the worst posters on this board

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
The Cowboys are 7-4 and lost the last 2, WFT is 5-6 and has won the last 3.

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

This game coming up Thursday is critical because Dallas is 5-1 and WFT is 5-2 in the conference games so even if they split, very little wiggle room in tie breaking if Dallas loses to the Saints and they're sitting at 5-6 so that could even have tie-breaker implications if the Cowboys do not take the division. That and losing 3 in a row becomes a trend.

Just another sign of how crazy the NFL has been this season. We were comfortably giving up the rest of the division for dead just several weeks ago and they begin to show signs of life when the Cowboys are playing dead.

The wild card in this is where will AZ be when they come to Dallas, fighting to hold onto the homefield? I don't think they would have that locked up with 2 games left but a lot I didn't think would happen has already happened.

With the tight bunching in the NFC, even making a wild card spot is not assured. Some feel the Cowboys are a lock for at least a wild card spot but don't they have to start winning to even do that?

I seriously cant believe dallas let WFT catch up.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The WFT still has to play the Eagles and Cowboys twice. So if they can win out, they certainly will have earned the division title. I just can't see that happening.

Batman1980

Reaction score

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

This game coming up Thursday is critical because Dallas is 5-1 and WFT is 5-2 in the conference games so even if they split, very little wiggle room in tie breaking if Dallas loses to the Saints and they're sitting at 5-6 so that could even have tie-breaker implications if the Cowboys do not take the division. That and losing 3 in a row becomes a trend.

Just another sign of how crazy the NFL has been this season. We were comfortably giving up the rest of the division for dead just several weeks ago and they begin to show signs of life when the Cowboys are playing dead.

The wild card in this is where will AZ be when they come to Dallas, fighting to hold onto the homefield? I don't think they would have that locked up with 2 games left but a lot I didn't think would happen has already happened.

With the tight bunching in the NFC, even making a wild card spot is not assured. Some feel the Cowboys are a lock for at least a wild card spot but don't they have to start winning to even do that?

Heinecke scares you that much?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

If that happens this website will become very entertaining :lmao2:

DFWJC

Reaction score

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

I mentioned in a thread yesterday that Washington now controls their own destiny....as far-fetched as it might seem.
Got my head bitten off
:muttley:

fwiw, I don't think they will catch us.
But all a team can ask is to know they still have control of their season vs having to hope other teams lose.

Their margin for error is pretty slim though.

just_catch_it

Reaction score

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

But we have DAK the second highest paid qb in the league! He is suppose to lead this team to a SB!!, and they have some no name qb with no contract. I think we will be ok!!:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Unless we start actually winning some games the division will most certainly be in doubt. Look at it this way, will 7-10 win the East?

Nope.............Dallas has to start actually winning games instead of hoping our division rivals lose. You can only get so much help, at some point you have to actually beat somebody.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

The Dallas Cowboys will not win the division. To many commercials going, beds to sell...to pretty to be a winner. The women love him...Dak is a busy guy, ya know, he said so himself...tough SOB. However, he is rich...and his mind must be somewhere else instead of football.

Last edited:

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
WFT is not going to win nine in a row. You could win couple hundred thousand on that bet in Vegas.

Trendnet

Reaction score

This is their schedule:
@ Raiders
Cowboys
@Eagles
@Cowboys
Eagles
@Giants

Cowboys schedule:
@Saints
@WFT
@New York
WFT
Arizona
@Eagles

Last week was all Eagles post and now WFT, you all have the attention span of a goldfish

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wash is back in the WC hunt. And the fact they have 2 remaining games left with us brings this scenario into play but I don’t see them winning out.

Most likely 8-9 and 9-8 earns a WC. And that’s probably where Wash finishes . I think Cowboys will finish no worse than 11-6 or 10-7 which will be enough to win division.

I remember back at 6-1 I said I’d take 12-5 and some thought I was nuts. If we can get and stay healthy and stay out of pandemic protocol we are by far the best team in division even with an average defense. And this is still the only division we could win.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
WFT barely beat a washed and depleted Seahawks. They blow. If cowboys lose to WFT then this team was a mirage.

Last edited: