If This Is Romo's Final Game As A Cowboy. Going To Be Kinda Sad

DFWJC

Reaction score
AND sometimes he kept the opposing team in the game too!
Yes....sometimes.
Surpringly rare though....Dallas games are just always heavily followed, so the bad plays were magnified 10x. Goes with the turf though.
The teams record with him was 78-49...so very good.
Never a losing season either....and with a few truly crap olines and defenses.

erod

Reaction score
Please let's go with Crayton stopping short on a route talk. The game is 60 minutes. We lost to a team we swept in the reg season. We lost at home as a #1 seed. Own it. Anything else is loser talk. Those 8-8 teams were talented enough and projected to do more, not go 3-13.
Crayton also dropped a touchdown pass earlier in that game. Dallas dominated but kept shooting itself in the foot.

And no, those 8-8 teams had embarrassingly bad offensive lines and terrible defenses.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Crayton also dropped a touchdown pass earlier in that game. Dallas dominated but kept shooting itself in the foot.

And no, those 8-8 teams had embarrassingly bad offensive lines and terrible defenses.
:laugh:
Ive heard people actually blame Romo for an 8-8 season when the defense was ranked 32nd in the entire league. The o-lines were in bad shape in those dark years too.

With average or slightly above average QB play, those teams are 4-12. Instead, they were scratching, clawing, spitting up blood, to somehow reach 8-8. But somehow it was the QBs fault.

erod

Reaction score
:laugh:
Ive heard people actually blame Romo for an 8-8 season when the defense was ranked 32nd in the entire league. The o-lines were in bad shape in those dark years too.

With average or slightly above average QB play, those teams are 4-12. Instead, they were scratching, clawing, spitting up blood, to somehow reach 8-8. But somehow it was the QBs fault.
I know.

Our fan base is the most unknowledgeable in all of professional sports.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's unfortunate this isn't home game allowing the home crowd to give Romo a standing O when he enters the game.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This is not a Dak vs Romo thread, so please don't make it one.

If the reports are true that Romo is going to get some playing time against the Eagles, it is going to be kinda sad watching what will almost surely be Romo's last game as a Cowboy. He is either going to retire, be traded, or be released, the team cannot carry Romo's $24 million dollar salary if he is not the starter, no team could.

Thus, Sunday will be the final time Romo puts on the silver and blue and takes the field. I have to admit that as a fan with a closet full of Romo jerseys it will be a hard game to watch. I know a lot of fans on here think Romo is just the biggest loser of all time since he didn't win us any championships, but the dude laid it all on the line every time he took the field. He played with some of the worst injuries a QB can suffer, from broken bones to a punctured lung and never one time complained, when asked he would always just say "its football". And while Romo never had deep playoff runs, he regularly turned what would have been 3-13 seasons into 8-8 seasons, and that will be his legacy for his time here with the Cowboys.

Some say that makes him a loser, I say that makes him one hell of a QB and I for one am going to miss him!!!
Have a load of Kleenex nearby tomorrow bro.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hey. Look on the bright side folks. Everyone gets one last peek at Romo taking a snap for the Boys tomorrow and he gets to start a meaningful down elsewhere next year (or however many more years he continues to play). I still closely watch Demarco in Tennessee. I don't purposely plan my schedule for TN games but I watch those highlights. You'll all get a chance to see wonder boy doing his thing somewhere else next year AND he will most likely leave Big D with a Lombardi in his hands. A present from the team to him.

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Look at the numbers dude. People like Romo are constantly discriminated against in the NFL. Look at the player demographics. Despite the vastly superior experience and loyalty to their team. If he lights it up and proves he is the man, he needs to put the boy back on the bench and the kid needs to show respect and tell the team Romo is more deserving.

Come on man as much as I love Tony it's Daks team now. I understand the loyalty and all of that, but Dak has earned where he is now. If they didn't give Romo the chance to win the job back they're not going to do it now or after the season. Unfortunately it's coming to an end with Romo and the Cowboys. I've taken my lumps on this topic and I admire your commitment and beliefs, it's just the way the story has come to an end.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Come on man as much as I love Tony it's Daks team now. I understand the loyalty and all of that, but Dak has earned where he is now. If they didn't give Romo the chance to win the job back they're not going to do it now or after the season. Unfortunately it's coming to an end with Romo and the Cowboys. I've taken my lumps on this topic and I admire your commitment and beliefs, it's just the way the story has come to an end.
LMAO.... Are people really still debating who's team this is? Seriously? I only have one question for them.

oaJlYS1.jpg

OK. Maybe two questions. :laugh:

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score

With all due respect, I think you're missing the point. With the flaws that you're speaking of, did we underperform throughout the year? Games like 2011 @ Jets come to mind....fumbling at the goal line, and a game ending int to Revis in crunch time come to mind. You can't say Romo elevated us to 8-8, yet accept no responsibility for not achieving more. Are you telling me that sitting athere 8-7 @ Commanders is not a winnable game? Did a bad line and defense cause Romo to throw 3 int's including a walk off inexcusable int in crunch time? So we couldn't have beaten that skins team led by a rookie qb which started 2012 at 3-6 with the division on the line? These are career defining, perception/legacy altering games. Romo had a 10 year run with no competition and has two playoff wins to show. All that I'm saying is let's cherish, honor and respect the man without coddling. It's pathetic!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sigh. Oh well.

O magical moderator button, do thine magic and whisk this thread to the land of Oz! *bing! swoosh!*

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
sigh. Oh well.

O magical moderator button, do thine magic and whisk this thread to the land of Oz! *bing! swoosh!*

People just can't have nice things you have jackholes who have to come and ruin the party it's the same ones over and over and over again. It's pathetic

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You mean Tashard Choice the DALLAS COWBOYS COACH? Put some respeck on his name.

I don't know what respeck is, but if you mean respect? Nah I'll pass waste of a roster spot. Let him go seek Vick out, because he sure as hell didn't "respeck" this team with that BS. Oh look it's fitting those are your initials. o_O