If Washington beats us, and unless Dak does something incredible

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Depends. If you feel like this team can compete this year, I don't, then you have to consider starting Sanchez. As jag-ish as he is he's a veteran who won't allow defenses to scheme as the Giants did on Sunday.
Perhaps you are right.

They could sit back and wait for him to turn the ball over. No scheme required. It is what he does.

Aven8

Reaction score
No way they are going with Sanchez. Ever. Dak is the starter and they would be fools to replace him.

Sanchez is an insurance policy only.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The original post said if we lose to the Commanders, we should start Sanchez against Chicago so Prescott doesn't get his feelings hurt, or something to that effect.

I said that's garbage. If Prescott gives us the best chance to win, he should start. We don't need to coddle his ego, we need to win football games.
That is not exactly what you said. But since your emotion chip (minus Roy Williams) appears to be functional, that is a step in the right direction.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We know what we have in Sanchez. We don't know what we have in Dak, not yet.
I don't want to see Sanchez anywhere under center. I'd rather ride with Dak regardless.
He's the future, not Sanchez.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Dak needs to start so the team knows whether to address the position again this off season. If he can't mentally handle going 1-5 or 0-6, then they've already found the answer to that question.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I agree. Put Sanchez in. Lose out. Get the top pick in the draft. Burn down the franchise. Win the Super Bowl in 2018.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
I'd rather lose as many games as possible

Not even bring romo back For this season

Clean house

Get a high pick

And go again next year under a new regime

There isnt a need to clean house, but I hear you.... If this team cant make the playoffs and faces another 8 and 8 season I rather just lose more games, see if Dak can be the future. If Dak shows promise we can skip QB in the draft and look for a top pass rusher....

Reaction score
I like how the fans on here think it should be an easy win for dallas. Soley because a top 2 team like the steelers dominated them.

Agreed, Washington actually looked decent, the Steelers just have a powerful offense and Washington has a streaky QB. You can bet Cousins will not look that bad this weekend.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Agreed, Washington actually looked decent, the Steelers just have a powerful offense and Washington has a streaky QB. You can bet Cousins will not look that bad this weekend.

I agree. I'm not saying we can't win but the steelers are a force.

plymkr

Reaction score
how did aikman do his first year?
I believe Aikman was 0-11. The only victory we got in 1989 was against washington and I believe Steve Walsh (who Jimmy used a #1 overall pick on) was the starter because Aikman broke a finger or two. I think his pinky finger.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
if Washington beats us, and unless Dak does something incredible, I would go with Sanchez until Romo gets back.

Now before you rip me up, follow the logic. Dak has shown the tools to play in this league. He has also demonstrated he still has some learning to go through. I would hate to see him go 0-6 or 1-5, then get replaced and have Romo turn it around and finish the season 7-1.

That would do two things, both bad. First, fans and media would blame all the losses on Dak. Even worse, Dak would blame all the losses on Dak. We know that he is a rookie and experience is important, but once he gets a mind set of losing, it is extremely difficult to get rid of it. His confidence could be seriously impacted.

Sanchez has the experience, and could accept the losses without near as much damage. He understands his role, and it isn't like he hasn't gone through it before. His experience might win an extra game or so, as well.

Think of what happened to Carr in Houston. We could easily ruin Dak by throwing him to the wolves.
How about if we win, you stuff your head even further up your ***? I hate stupid ****s like you.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
if Washington beats us, and unless Dak does something incredible, I would go with Sanchez until Romo gets back.

Now before you rip me up, follow the logic. Dak has shown the tools to play in this league. He has also demonstrated he still has some learning to go through. I would hate to see him go 0-6 or 1-5, then get replaced and have Romo turn it around and finish the season 7-1.

That would do two things, both bad. First, fans and media would blame all the losses on Dak. Even worse, Dak would blame all the losses on Dak. We know that he is a rookie and experience is important, but once he gets a mind set of losing, it is extremely difficult to get rid of it. His confidence could be seriously impacted.

Sanchez has the experience, and could accept the losses without near as much damage. He understands his role, and it isn't like he hasn't gone through it before. His experience might win an extra game or so, as well.

Think of what happened to Carr in Houston. We could easily ruin Dak by throwing him to the wolves.
I don't think so.

DAK should get all the snaps.

They must evalute him.

No better time than now with Romo out.

If this season ends up as last..

at least we will know he is or isn't the answer.

QB maybe again at the top of our draft next year.

Its so hard to judge it with the defense so short handed.

fortdick

Reaction score
How about if we win, you stuff your head even further up your ***? I hate stupid ****s like you.

Wow, since I qualified the thread with the title, if we lose, I guess you made clear who the stupid s*** is.

Looking for the ignore the stupid s*** button.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
From what I saw from Dak in his first performance in our loss to a tough NYG defense....Sanchez would not have done any better, and probably worse with throwing 45 passes. There's nothing in Sanchez' historic gameplay that convinces me he wins that game against the Gianst or really anyone throwing the ball 45 times. If we had a dominant run game (which we should) and a dominant defense (which we don't) then I think Sanchize could pulls some wins off here and there...but so could most QB2s. He's there just in case Dak gets hurt, that it.

We are beyond the point of switching QBs until Romo comes back or Dak gets hurt. Sanchez is just chewing on free cheese at this point.