If Washington beats us, and unless Dak does something incredible

JDSmith

Reaction score
muttley.gif
Sanchez was handed the job in Denver and couldnt beat out two rookies. And before we start with but but but they saved a lot of money by cutting him, you need to ask yourself this: Do you really think if he was going to lead them anywhere they would have worried about what he was going to cost them? Of course not. They concluded what every team before them did. He is journeyman who you hope never plays. Find out what you have in Dak and cut the non sense.

I think the OP just wants to sacrifice Sanchez so we don't hurt Dak's confidence. And probably so we get a higher draft pick.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Let Dak play. Win or lose. This receiving core sucks whether it's Dak or Romo. Didn't Aikman lose almost every game his rookie season?

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I'd rather lose as many games as possible

Not even bring romo back For this season

Clean house

Get a high pick

And go again next year under a new regime

New regime is the key top to bottom. I was all for tanking last year. Then with the #4 they take a RB in the 1st. Hurt Lb in the 2nd. Hurt tapper in the 4th and a power foward in the 6th.

RS12

Reaction score
I think the OP just wants to sacrifice Sanchez so we don't hurt Dak's confidence. And probably so we get a higher draft pick.

Hurt his confidence? What is he a teenage girl? Give him some credit, he seems like one of the more mentally tough players to come along in a while.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
What slide rule or abacus are you using that suggests I said anything like that?

The one you put at the end of this statement:

If we lose to the Commanders, the quarterback should be whoever gives us the best chance to beat the Bears. Period. The NFL is not the place to coddle someone's ego

The original post was all about Prescott's ego. So, since there is no other QB on the roster capable of playing in two weeks or gives us any chance to beat the Bears, I would hope you could understand the statement.

If you meant something else, please clarify.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
I saw nothing that would say Dak isn't an NFL qb. I did, however think our way conservative offensive scheme. Garrett 's last chance imo. Guy is smart but I don't think he's a type tier coach. He's got more to prove to than Dak.

I think we'll see the Giant's D is pretty darn good. How many teams have just whipped our oline since 2014 where we couldn't run the ball?

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
if Washington beats us, and unless Dak does something incredible, I would go with Sanchez until Romo gets back.

Now before you rip me up, follow the logic. Dak has shown the tools to play in this league. He has also demonstrated he still has some learning to go through. I would hate to see him go 0-6 or 1-5, then get replaced and have Romo turn it around and finish the season 7-1.

That would do two things, both bad. First, fans and media would blame all the losses on Dak. Even worse, Dak would blame all the losses on Dak. We know that he is a rookie and experience is important, but once he gets a mind set of losing, it is extremely difficult to get rid of it. His confidence could be seriously impacted.

Sanchez has the experience, and could accept the losses without near as much damage. He understands his role, and it isn't like he hasn't gone through it before. His experience might win an extra game or so, as well.

Think of what happened to Carr in Houston. We could easily ruin Dak by throwing him to the wolves.
Then get ready for some rumbling, stumbling, butt fumbling!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
if Washington beats us, and unless Dak does something incredible, I would go with Sanchez until Romo gets back.

Now before you rip me up, follow the logic. Dak has shown the tools to play in this league. He has also demonstrated he still has some learning to go through. I would hate to see him go 0-6 or 1-5, then get replaced and have Romo turn it around and finish the season 7-1.

That would do two things, both bad. First, fans and media would blame all the losses on Dak. Even worse, Dak would blame all the losses on Dak. We know that he is a rookie and experience is important, but once he gets a mind set of losing, it is extremely difficult to get rid of it. His confidence could be seriously impacted.

Sanchez has the experience, and could accept the losses without near as much damage. He understands his role, and it isn't like he hasn't gone through it before. His experience might win an extra game or so, as well.

Think of what happened to Carr in Houston. We could easily ruin Dak by throwing him to the wolves.
how did aikman do his first year?

plymkr

Reaction score

I see your point but I respectfully disagree. I think the more game action Dak can get is invaluable. We can evaluate him for the future and he can get his feet wet with the league and learn how to play in this league. I think if we bring in Sanchez for the Bears game it would just be a progress stopper for Dak. The last thing we want is to have another high draft pick and wonder if we should take a QB or gamble on Dak. If we go 0-16 this year but learn that Dak is the future of the franchise then this has not been a wasted year. If we go 4-12 and have doubts as to whether we have faith in Dak and if we should draft another QB then I feel all this pain is for nothing.

Dak can prove he's the real deal and we could lose games considering Dak can't play defense and stop the run. That's our achilles heal more so then the QB situation. IMO. I see where your coming from though and I'm not saying your wrong I just have a different take on it.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Completely disagree with this topic.

You finally have a young promising qb and you pull the carpet under him? Nope ain't happening.

His talent and potential is being seen even in a loss. Nobody will question him. What they will question is our coaches. If they can't win without Romo and a dynamic rb a young QB with promise and the so called best oline in football they will be blamed 100% guaranteed.

MikeT22

Reaction score
So you are saying he would just be ruined by many more losses, so insert Sad Sack Sanchez to spare his ego?
If that is how Prescott would react, he's not an NFL QB.
You asked not to be ripped, but with some of the concepts you put in this post, you should be.

In this day and age you see a lot of young QB's start early. Some do end up being busts but they'd probably have busted regardless of how soon they started.

But back in the day I think many coaches and organizations felt this way. Wanted their young QB to sit and learn early on and don't take a beating physically or to their psyche. I think this is part of what we're seeing with the Rams. Fisher is kind of an old school HC and probably doesn't want to throw Goff out their until he thinks he's ready in order not to ruin him. But if Keenum really is better than Goff now then they have more problems than that.

Unless Dak has several games where he totally looks lost and lays an egg I'd prefer sticking with him over going with Sanchez. And he has shown enough skills and leadership early on that I don't think some bad plays or games would ruin him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends. If you feel like this team can compete this year, I don't, then you have to consider starting Sanchez. As jag-ish as he is he's a veteran who won't allow defenses to scheme as the Giants did on Sunday.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

that's the ticket, then what if Romo doesn't make it through game 1?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
The one you put at the end of this statement:

The original post was all about Prescott's ego. So, since there is no other QB on the roster capable of playing in two weeks or gives us any chance to beat the Bears, I would hope you could understand the statement.

If you meant something else, please clarify.

The original post said if we lose to the Commanders, we should start Sanchez against Chicago so Prescott doesn't get his feelings hurt, or something to that effect.

I said that's garbage. If Prescott gives us the best chance to win, he should start. We don't need to coddle his ego, we need to win football games.