If we don't stick with Dak, I will be extremely upset as a fan

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
This became a pretty heated debate at my family's Thanksgiving table last night, for a large family of Cowboys fans who live in New York but whose grandparents were all Cowboys fans (who also never lived in Texas). Heck I've been such a die-hard fan that I signed up for this forum at 13 / 14 years old.

There were of course the typical aspects of any Thanksgiving conversation that came up - including race, politics, etc; that are not appropriate for this board.

but on pure football this is where I stand -

Dak was on track for nearly 7,000 yards. He is a proven starter who has been top 12 in each of his seasons, and would be in the MVP conversation right now if he continued playing as he was.

This team went from an offense that simply couldn't be stopped to an offense that simply can't do anything with only 1 man changing.

I will end it with this - Trevor Lawrence may look like the best prospect since Andrew Luck, but Andrew Luck's career was no where on par with how Dak Prescott's career is slated to go if he continues playing at the level he has thus far performed at.

Dak Prescott is young and proven. Give me the proven QB. With how Dak has performed and this franchise is operating, if Dak is not under center because the franchise didn't do right by him, I will become a fan of whatever team he goes it.
thanks for the announcement

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heaven only knows how often I have shook my head at all the Prescott contract negotiation speculation. However, the possibility of Prescott leaving, no matter how large or small in reality, does not impact my fan ship.

To anyone proclaiming [fill in the blank] is a personal reason to leave the team as a fan

tenor.gif

Mannix

Reaction score
Problems go waaaaaaaay deeper than just Dak.....Corky needs fired first!!!

bigE79

Reaction score
This became a pretty heated debate at my family's Thanksgiving table last night, for a large family of Cowboys fans who live in New York but whose grandparents were all Cowboys fans (who also never lived in Texas). Heck I've been such a die-hard fan that I signed up for this forum at 13 / 14 years old.

There were of course the typical aspects of any Thanksgiving conversation that came up - including race, politics, etc; that are not appropriate for this board.

Dak was on track for nearly 7,000 yards. He is a proven starter who has been top 12 in each of his seasons, and would be in the MVP conversation right now if he continued playing as he was.

This team went from an offense that simply couldn't be stopped to an offense that simply can't do anything with only 1 man changing.

I will end it with this - Trevor Lawrence may look like the best prospect since Andrew Luck, but Andrew Luck's career was no where on par with how Dak Prescott's career is slated to go if he continues playing at the level he has thus far performed at.

Dak Prescott is young and proven. Give me the proven QB. With how Dak has performed and this franchise is operating, if Dak is not under center because the franchise didn't do right by him, I will become a fan of whatever team he goes it.
So if the cowboys decided not to pay dak 40 mil a year, you would stop being a fan and follow another team? Imo,you were never a real fan to begin with... listen,when they went with dak over romo,no one could have been more pissed then me but that's the nature of the beast in the nfl..not one player is above the team, so if that's how you really feel,been nice knowing you.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Heaven only knows how often I have shook my head at all the Prescott contract negotiation speculation. However, the possibility of Prescott leaving, no matter how large or small in reality, does not impact my fan ship.

To anyone proclaiming [fill in the blank] is a personal reason to leave the team as a fan

tenor.gif
Perhaps the executive summary of a 3+ hour conversation / argument / yelling contest losses context without the full situation.

I don't want to leave the team as a fan. I probably will be walking back this statement if we did move on from Dak. I am mostly making an extreme statement as to why Dak needs to be our franchise QB, and deserves to be.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
So if the cowboys decided not to pay dak 40 mil a year, you would stop being a fan and follow another team? Imo,you were never a real fan to begin with... listen,when they went with dak over romo,no one could have been more pissed then me but that's the nature of the beast in the nfl..not one player is above the team, so if that's how you really feel,been nice knowing you.
Please read my above response to @DallasEast

Londonboy

Reaction score

Even the Eagles, Giants or Pickanemeforgoodnesssakes?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Trevor Lawrence has elite traits and if by some miracle Dallas has the chance to draft him and passes. I will no longer be a fan.
Is Trevor a sure thing?
No. But I am willing to roll the dice.
I guess you didn't comprehend what I wrote.
Re-read it and get back to me.
Read carefully now.
I comprehended just fine and am going to hold you to it. If they want him, they can trade up to get him.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Even the Eagles, Giants or Pickanemeforgoodnesssakes?
I almost think they're going to just stick with Football Team tbh lol.

No. Screw them all.

Can we please just sign the guy who was on track for the greatest NFL QB season of all time? Come on.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perhaps the executive summary of a 3+ hour conversation / argument / yelling contest losses context without the full situation.

I don't want to leave the team as a fan. I probably will be walking back this statement if we did move on from Dak. I am mostly making an extreme statement as to why Dak needs to be our franchise QB, and deserves to be.
Please read my above response to @DallasEast
So...

Do you want me to edit the title of your thread to more accurately reflect its intent? o_O

jnday

Reaction score

You are a Dak fan instead of a Cowboys fan. You are also in love with his stats instead winning. At least you will admit it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I prefer the cowboys keep Dak.

But I won’t stop being a fan if they draft a top QB prospect.

I will be super super super super pissed if they don’t keep Dak and don’t draft a top QB and try to rely on a retread like Dalton or someone similar.

If they move on from Dak. They need to go for the home run.

Hardline

Reaction score
I comprehended just fine and am going to hold you to it. If they want him, they can trade up to get him.
You underlined what I wrote and you still failed to comprehend.
Look up this word in your dictionary "if" .
If the Cowboys don't have the first pick in the draft they have zero chance of getting him.
Jets will not be taking trade offers when they have Lawrence sitting in their laps.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
So...

Do you want me to edit the title of your thread to more accurately reflect its intent? o_O
If you can also adjust for me being having to spend 5 hours with distant family members 3.5x my age (and drinking accordingly) while everyone else my age left this morning but I had to work, yes. haha.

No - it is good as it is. It gets the point across better than a more measured title.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You underlined what I wrote and you still failed to comprehend.
Look up this word in your dictionary "if" .
If the Cowboys don't have the first pick in the draft they have zero chance of getting him.
Jets will not be taking trade offers when they have Lawrence sitting in their laps.
You don’t know that. Everyone has a price.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you can also adjust for me being having to spend 5 hours with distant family members 3.5x my age (and drinking accordingly) while everyone else my age left this morning but I had to work, yes. haha.

No - it is good as it is. It gets the point across better than a more measured title.
I disagree.

Title edited.