If we don't stick with Dak, I will be extremely upset as a fan

Mannix

Reaction score
-------Can we please just sign the guy who was on track for the greatest NFL QB season of all time?

Nobody gonna challenge this? Whatchu talkin bout Cowboy Brian?

blumayne38

Reaction score
This became a pretty heated debate at my family's Thanksgiving table last night, for a large family of Cowboys fans who live in New York but whose grandparents were all Cowboys fans (who also never lived in Texas). Heck I've been such a die-hard fan that I signed up for this forum at 13 / 14 years old.

There were of course the typical aspects of any Thanksgiving conversation that came up - including race, politics, etc; that are not appropriate for this board.

but on pure football this is where I stand -

Dak was on track for nearly 7,000 yards. He is a proven starter who has been top 12 in each of his seasons, and would be in the MVP conversation right now if he continued playing as he was.

This team went from an offense that simply couldn't be stopped to an offense that simply can't do anything with only 1 man changing.

I will end it with this - Trevor Lawrence may look like the best prospect since Andrew Luck, but Andrew Luck's career was no where on par with how Dak Prescott's career is slated to go if he continues playing at the level he has thus far performed at.

Dak Prescott is young and proven. Give me the proven QB. With how Dak has performed and this franchise is operating, if Dak is not under center because the franchise didn't do right by him, I will become a fan of whatever team he goes it.
If we have chance to snag Fields or Lawrence..we are. Dak is proven to be just a QB. He has an okay arm with a little bit of mobility. He isn’t Jackson. Or Watson. Tua or Kyler. And definitely ain’t no Patrick....you over value DAK. He is as replaceable as any other position at this point. Gilbert and Dalton haven’t been the reason we lose games. It’s the defense. The run defense in particular. They are soft and the DL is small.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Yeah, the Cowboys are on pace in having one of the worst defensive record of all time, and You're worried about our injured quarterback.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trevor Lawrence has elite traits and if by some miracle Dallas has the chance to draft him and passes. I will no longer be a fan.
Is Trevor a sure thing?
No. But I am willing to roll the dice.

This man has thrown down the gauntlet.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dak is a sure thing, and if Trevor gets to Dak's level he will be defying the odds and realistic expectations.

Dak's level is mediocre to average. But hey, lets go ahead and over pay him anyway. Thats the Jerry way of doing things.

Some of you are far too enamored with personal stats and have forgotten its a team game. Wins should matter more than Dak's personal stats.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This became a pretty heated debate at my family's Thanksgiving table last night, for a large family of Cowboys fans who live in New York but whose grandparents were all Cowboys fans (who also never lived in Texas). Heck I've been such a die-hard fan that I signed up for this forum at 13 / 14 years old.

There were of course the typical aspects of any Thanksgiving conversation that came up - including race, politics, etc; that are not appropriate for this board.

Dak was on track for nearly 7,000 yards. He is a proven starter who has been top 12 in each of his seasons, and would be in the MVP conversation right now if he continued playing as he was.

This team went from an offense that simply couldn't be stopped to an offense that simply can't do anything with only 1 man changing.

I will end it with this - Trevor Lawrence may look like the best prospect since Andrew Luck, but Andrew Luck's career was no where on par with how Dak Prescott's career is slated to go if he continues playing at the level he has thus far performed at.

Dak Prescott is young and proven. Give me the proven QB. With how Dak has performed and this franchise is operating, if Dak is not under center because the franchise didn't do right by him, I will become a fan of whatever team he goes it.

Nothing to worry about. Dak isnt going anywhere. Dont let the cream dream of a handful of trolls make you think otherwise.

starfan1

Reaction score
Dak isn’t going anywhere ! Jerry knows that if Dak wasn’t here the zone wouldn’t have anything to fight about.

jerry loves the zone I think he post regularly . His name is “Risen something or another “

J/K

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If we have a chance, which I doubt very much, to get Lawrence, Fields, trash, to the other QB stating to move up, can't remember his name.
I think they have to take him. Knowing our draft position and where these QB's may fall may have an impact what they do with Dak and his contract, tag him or not, sign him, let him go into FA, get a comp pick. As it would come down to can a rookie QB do as well as Dak for a rookie contract vs and huge $35 million a year contract or more than that.

Also what does Dak want, does he still want that 4 year deal, and Jerry wants that 5th year. I think that is a consideration also.

Just way too many unknowns right now, so I will wait it out, see where we pick.

LOL.............you dont even know one of their names and your saying "we have to take him".

If we get a top 2 pick its an incredible situation. And 100% an evaluation needs to be made at that point on how good these two can really be, but more importantly what Dak can be signed for or traded for.

Best case scenario would be for Dak to sign for around 35 million for 4 or 5 years and we trade back in the draft and get a windfall of picks to do so. Which will help rebuild the defense. If that happens, Cowboys could be a contender in one offseason depending on how well things go. Then the following year we have the ability to get out from under the contracts of Jaylon, Zeke, and Cooper and open up loads of cap space for anything else we may need to round things out.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I think the better question is, considering all the holes, can we afford him? If we pay Dak (don't get me wrong he deserves it) can we surround him with talent needed. I personally don't think so.

So is your suggestion to just never have a QB longer than 4 or 5 seasons?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Yawn...... This entire thread is like sitting in the good chair, after the Thanksgiving meal, after unbuckling the belt and the top button on your pants with the heat kicked up to about 70 degrees. I mean, it's only a matter of time before you drop off into a snooze right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Remember Payton Manning?
yes I do....I remember Aikman too...I remember Drew Bledsoe and I remember Jamarcus Russell and I remember Andrew Luck and I remember Tim Couch and I remember David Carr and Sam Bradford and Jeff George and Vinny Testeverde... the point is that Aikman, Manning had no flaws in their game.....and there are many who find flaws in Lawrence's game....he is playing on one of the most talented college teams ever.....he is not a sure thing

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's messed up (intentional) how the Dak haters always bring up $40 million per year when mentioning Dak and his future demands with the Cowboys.

Where is your evidence that Dak wants $40 million per year?

Dak had accepted between $33 - $35 million / year at the last second earlier this year when contract extensions was under way. Problem was time ran out. Dak's only issue was with the length of the contract, plus not wanting any more future franchise tags.

With Dak's recent serious injury, this bodes very well in the Cowboys favor to where Dak will most likely accept anywhere between $30 - $33 million / year, along with 5+ years of a contract to show longterm security due to his injury. The Cowboys will want to add some protection (opt out) clauses in case Dak reinjures his lower leg. This recent lower leg injury will be a blessing for both parties to get a longterm contract signed early this upcoming offseason and way before next year's draft, which will help the Cowboys not have to worry about using an early round pick on another QB.

This will become Dak haters' worse nightmare since Dak very likely will be signed to remain the Cowboys starting and franchise QB for years to come (all pending on how well Dak's injury heals and shows progress by the beginning of March 2021).

visionary

Reaction score

since no one on the forum or the Cowboys care about what upsets you, I think we’re good

:lmao2::lmao:

Hardline

Reaction score
yes I do....I remember Aikman too...I remember Drew Bledsoe and I remember Jamarcus Russell and I remember Andrew Luck and I remember Tim Couch and I remember David Carr and Sam Bradford and Jeff George and Vinny Testeverde... the point is that Aikman, Manning had no flaws in their game.....and there are many who find flaws in Lawrence's game....he is playing on one of the most talented college teams ever.....he is not a sure thing
Lawrence is considered the best QB to come out since Andrew Luck.
Every top QB prospect plays on very good to great teams.

catiii

Reaction score
He'll lead the league in stats again and start the season 1-4, finishing at 8-8...MAYBE.
He needs to go to a team that believes in choosing good players to surround him with where he can reach his true ceiling - because whatever his true ceiling is, he will NEVER reach it here with an organization run by bogan plungers who could stuff up a draft even if they had the first 7 picks all to themselves.