If we draft a QB in 25 or 26, here are the odds they will be a success

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This is a slightly flawed list because the QB successes in particular are heavily weighted to the top 10 picks. Of the playoff QBs over the last 2 years, Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Goff, Stafford, Baker, Stroud were all top 10 picks.

When you’re drafting in the 20’s, you’re sifting through the Brandon Weedens and Johnny Manziels and Paxton Lynch’s and Patrick Ramsey’s and JP Losmans and Jason Campbells and Teddy Bridgewaters.

The only QB off the top of my head who was drafted after 20 in the first round and was a good player within his first few years was Lamar.
Roethlisberger?

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Remember their first SB with him; pretty much set a record for the worst stats ever. They won that in spite of him.
What agitates me is that the two stooges for owners that we have don't even bother to try and get a quarterback in the later rounds. But I also feel like they have been failing to address the online, dline, the most important aspects of the team.Another words, the front office stinks.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
In recent years, Dallas has rarely kept 3 QB's on the roster. This makes it difficult to take chances in the mid to late rounds of the draft. You can't draft and coach a developmental QB prospect if you don't make room on the roster for him.