If we lose tomorrow is this season a failure?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
yes will be a huge failure will lead to lots of questions about the coaching staff and the direction they are headed will put doubt in the mind of the players going forward.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disappointed yes season a failure hell no

If we lost tomorrow and didn't make the playoffs next year that's a failure.

We have a lot of young Talent on this team which I believe has developed faster than any team in history but they're still young and although I believe we can win I also believe we can be overwhelmed

This team is destined to win at least a couple Superbowls if that doesn't happen in the next 5 years then I'll deem it a failure.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You're a loser for thinking about it. Cross that bridge if we get to it. We are going to win the SB this year!

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Disappointed yes season a failure hell no

If we lost tomorrow and didn't make the playoffs next year that's a failure.

We have a lot of young Talent on this team which I believe has developed faster than any team in history but they're still young and although I believe we can win I also believe we can be overwhelmed

This team is destined to win at least a couple Superbowls if that doesn't happen in the next 5 years then I'll deem it a failure.
That's the big thing. Nobody in 2015 thought we'd have the season we did. The Cowboys have to seize this opportunity. We all thought we'd be playing in many championship games with Tony as QB and it never happened. Playoffs is where they cement their legacy. The future is now.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Did you know that Tom Brady has 1 SB win during Romo's time as QB......it is difficult even for the GOAT
Yea but they have competed in title games since then. 2 SB losses and many championship game appearances. 4 SB's overall and he's still a favorite to get to another one this year. I feel so sorry for him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yea but they have competed in title games since then. 2 SB losses and many championship game appearances. 4 SB's overall and he's still a favorite to get to another one this year. I feel so sorry for him.
But those other seasons are failures

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When you win 13 games, tying a franchise record it has to account for more than just winning your division and making the playoffs. The entire regular season is not only to try and make the playoffs but to position yourself in the best possible position to have playoff success. We've positioned ourselves as well as you possibly can, earning the #1 seed and to end up one and done would destroy everything we accomplished this season. Instead of looking back at this season with a sense of pride, you look back with some disgust that you couldn't even win a damn playoff game against a team you already beat. Four of our championship teams never won 13 games in the regular season, although some of those seasons were only 14 games but the point is a 13 win regular season has to account for at the very least a playoff win or it's a major failure and makes you question whether you'll even sniff another championship again.

A repeat of the 07 season isn't going to instill any confidence in the organization with most fans. This isn't the same players or team we had in 07 but to have the same thing happen again 9 years later makes you wonder if great regular season success leads to complacency with this organization. Wrapping things up early has never benefitted the Cowboys because all of our championship teams had to finish every season strong to make the playoffs or to position themselves well in the playoffs. We didn't mail in any games during the seasons we won championships or playoff games. We won playoff games in 2009 and 2014 by finishing those seasons strong with 3 straight wins in 09 and 4 straight wins in 2014. We finished this season like the 07 season by mailing in the season finale and like in 07 we got a hot team on the rise coming into our house who we beat during the regular season.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
A win tomorrow might finally erase that 2007 season somewhat from my mind. It's like The Catch for me. It still haunts me.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Need to at least win one playoff game for this to be considered a successful season. One and done just adds to the reputation we have of choking in the playoffs. Regardless we'll be happy about the future but we need a win.

haleyrules

Reaction score
That's the big thing. Nobody in 2015 thought we'd have the season we did. The Cowboys have to seize this opportunity. We all thought we'd be playing in many championship games with Tony as QB and it never happened. Playoffs is where they cement their legacy. The future is now.
Agreed. The Cowboy SB runs are just beginning. If they don't win it this year...they will next year. So, this season is not a failure..no way..they could well go all the way or this could be a building block season! They will beat the Packers. Only one team can win it all.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
When you win 13 games, tying a franchise record it has to account for more than just winning your division and making the playoffs. The entire regular season is not only to try and make the playoffs but to position yourself in the best possible position to have playoff success. We've positioned ourselves as well as you possibly can, earning the #1 seed and to end up one and done would destroy everything we accomplished this season. Instead of looking back at this season with a sense of pride, you look back with some disgust that you couldn't even win a damn playoff game against a team you already beat. Four of our championship teams never won 13 games in the regular season, although some of those seasons were only 14 games but the point is a 13 win regular season has to account for at the very least a playoff win or it's a major failure and makes you question whether you'll even sniff another championship again.

A repeat of the 07 season isn't going to instill any confidence in the organization with most fans. This isn't the same players or team we had in 07 but to have the same thing happen again 9 years later makes you wonder if great regular season success leads to complacency with this organization. Wrapping things up early has never benefitted the Cowboys because all of our championship teams had to finish every season strong to make the playoffs or to position themselves well in the playoffs. We didn't mail in any games during the seasons we won championships or playoff games. We won playoff games in 2009 and 2014 by finishing those seasons strong with 3 straight wins in 09 and 4 straight wins in 2014. We finished this season like the 07 season by mailing in the season finale and like in 07 we got a hot team on the rise coming into our house who we beat during the regular season.
This team has nothing to do with 2007..... it barely relates to 2014

A win doesn't erase anything and a loss doesn't continue anything......there are no curses

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Need to at least win one playoff game for this to be considered a successful season. One and done just adds to the reputation we have of choking in the playoffs. Regardless we'll be happy about the future but we need a win.
So 2014 didn't change that?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I thought the monkey was off our back when we beat Philly but it feels like it'll be there until we at least get to the NFC championship game. At least that's the vibe I get.
We followed that Philly game with a playoff loss and then years of mediocrity. We followed 2014 up with last year. This team needs to put some multiple playoff teams together and win in them. You can't win a SB every year but we should expect to compete in them every year.

weaver21

Reaction score
I don't believe the season as a whole would be a failure because we managed to find Romo's successor so quickly and have some great cornerstones for the future. Things are definitely looking bright for Cowboys football for a long time. However, it would be very disappointing if we go one and done. Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL and who knows when we'll have another opportunity like this (w/ homefield advantage) to make and win the Super Bowl. We can assume we'll be a force in the NFL for several years and maybe we will, but it's not guaranteed. We have a fantastic opportunity here and the team has to take advantage of it.