If we lose tomorrow is this season a failure?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Not at all.

We went 13-3 with a 3rd string QB, there's nobody in the world that would have predicted that.

The big thing is the success we've had with a rookie QB due to him playing so well. And he's only a 4th round pick. It's not easy finding a franchise QB in this league and we've got one. And usually Super Bowls are won by teams that get into contention and lose out and then in the next year or two comeback and win it.

Combine that with EE at tailback and the large improvement in the defense with a lot of young players, particularly in the secondary where it counts most these days...obviously we would want far better end results...but not a failure in the least bit. Anybody who thinks otherwise really isn't seeing the big picture and doesn't understand the NFL.

YR

Animosity

Reaction score
We went as far as we did with a rookie QB than we ever did with Romo in 10 years. I wouldnt call this season a disappointment.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Big disappointment. Absolutely not a failure. Huge steps were taken this year. In talent and in culture and attitude.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Big disappointment. Absolutely not a failure. Huge steps were taken this. In talent and in culture and attitude.
Agreed. Looking at the big picture, so much was gained from this season (new franchise QB, Zeke, culture change, etc.), that there is no way I'm calling this season a failure.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
We went as far as we did with a rookie QB than we ever did with Romo in 10 years. I wouldnt call this season a disappointment.

LOL

Let it go Jessica. Remember the good times and move on.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd be disappointed if they lose.

But the season a failure?

Absolutely not.

When Romo went down, in my wildest dreams would I have thought 13-3 would have been possible.

No matter what happens today, IMO this was a successful season.

In 2011 Green Bay was 15-1 and lost in the divisional playoffs (to the Giants).

In a "one & done" situation anything can happen. One bounce of the ball or a reception not ruled a reception can change the tone of the game. And if it happens, it happens.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not at all.

We went 13-3 with a 3rd string QB, there's nobody in the world that would have predicted that.

The big thing is the success we've had with a rookie QB due to him playing so well. And he's only a 4th round pick. It's not easy finding a franchise QB in this league and we've got one. And usually Super Bowls are won by teams that get into contention and lose out and then in the next year or two comeback and win it.

Combine that with EE at tailback and the large improvement in the defense with a lot of young players, particularly in the secondary where it counts most these days...obviously we would want far better end results...but not a failure in the least bit. Anybody who thinks otherwise really isn't seeing the big picture and doesn't understand the NFL.

YR

No.

They don't understand the NFL.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I never once, before going into battle, sat down and did a calculation of casualties and then needs for a body bag number...

The Cowboys have played great ball all season, and will do so today. I thank them for their hearts put on the carpet each game. This one will be no different...

GO COWBOYS!

punchnjudy

Reaction score
The salary crap era is mostly about consistently staying in contention. The best team I've seen during this watered down era was the 2007 Patriots, and even they didn't win it all. There's really no way to build a dominant team anymore, but if you're consistently in the hunt then eventually your bullets will land.

We'll see where the team goes from here. Years from now, no one will call it a failure if it proves to be a building block season, just like no one in their right mind would call 1991 a failure or call the 2012 Seahawks a failure even though they lost in the divisional round.

I will say the only way to *guarantee* that this season is viewed as a success is to win the Super Bowl, but otherwise it comes down to what happens in future seasons.

Naruto

Reaction score
It depends on how we lose imo

If Rodgers ascends to heaven at half time and throws 20 TDs from the pearly gates then no it's not a failure we just ran into a player playing at an all-time level

If we go out and flub it on offense, turn the ball over and look like any of the Giants games then yes it will be a failure

NickZepp

Reaction score
No. Winning 13 games with a rookie QB and an average defense is amazing. Can't take for granted good years.