If we resign Cooper for 16 million per

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
To me thats what he has to do. You only make that move if you are getting a franchise level player. You sacrifice a ton of cap flexibility in trading a first rounder for a player with under two full seasons under contract. If the player can give franchise level production at a higher rate of pay, that to me is an acceptable trade off.

Im very bullish on the trade, but I think those are attainable numbers for Cooper

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
What is he worth if he posts 75/900/6 and would he be worth the pick?

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
And he averages 85 for 1,200 for the balance of that contract, would you say he was worth the pick?

For sure. But understand that he’s auditioning for that contract, as evidenced by their refusal to talk extension right away. So he’ll effectively have to prove he’s worth the pick before he even gets that contract.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not a whole lot more than what he did his first two years really
Here's the thing: AVERAGING 85/1200 over 5-6 years is hugely different from putting together two years of 72/1070 and 83/1153. If he can bump his game up and maintain the consistency, well then, great. I don't think there's very good reason to believe that he will reach that level.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It depends, there’s something like two dozen players on pace to have more catches this year. Last year 85 and 1200 (didn’t say how many TDS, he’s not a big TD guy I’ll give him half a dozen) would have been roughly the 8th or 9th best receiver in the league. If that’s not worth $16 million then it’s likely enough to where it’s at least down the list of bad values on your team.

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm expecting him to get suspend for 6 games next year once he gets hooked up with the potheads on the team. "sarcasm" <----------------------------

Big_D

Reaction score
I think you need a better QB to put up those type of numbers in Dallas. I expect around 70/ 80 catches 8 to 900 yards and 6/7 TDs. and those numbers aren't worth it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And he averages 85 for 1,200 for the balance of that contract, would you say he was worth the pick?

NO. There is no way you can justify giving up a first round pick for a guy you are going to have to turn around and pay 16 million a year. Could have just gone out and done that in FA.

Would you have given up a first round pick next year in FA just to have the ability to sign a receiver like Cooper for 16 million? Not a chance.

Dallas got fleeced, end of story. It was another trade done out of desperation and stupidity.