If we resign Cooper for 16 million per

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I must have missed Terrance Williams' Pro Bowl seasons.

You're ignoring the good years. Which is writing off more than half of his career thus far.
Same could be said about Dak and there's plenty people writing half his career off too. In a "what have you done lately" world neither has done anything for 2 seasons.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
NO. There is no way you can justify giving up a first round pick for a guy you are going to have to turn around and pay 16 million a year. Could have just gone out and done that in FA.

Would you have given up a first round pick next year in FA just to have the ability to sign a receiver like Cooper for 16 million? Not a chance.

Dallas got fleeced, end of story. It was another trade done out of desperation and stupidity.

I don't see how they get him for 16 a season, hell they offerred that to Sammy Watkins (and he had even less of a resume than Cooper does) and he turned it down, the number will probably be 17m+ unless the Cowboys throw in a ton of guaranteed cash to get the number in the 16m range. Cooper is already going to get 14m next season so if the Cowboys don't lock him up than the Franchise tag in 2020 will probably be 18-19m. Cooper holds all the cards here unless he stinks it up in which case the Cowboys would have to let him go after next season meaning they just gave up a 1st round pick and 14m for 1effectively 1 season or Cooper balls out in which case the number will be much higher than 16m

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yea, because there are always 1,000-yard WRs who are 24 available as free agents.

I wouldn't say there are guys like Cooper available EVERY year. But that doesn't mean you over pay. You wait, or you use the draft, or you get two very good guys instead of one great guy. This WR corps is lacking all over the place. You could also solve the issue by getting a top flight TE. Don't have to over pay for a 1st round pick half way through the year for a guy that is going to be a FA soon enough.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't see how they get him for 16 a season, hell they offerred that to Sammy Watkins (and he had even less of a resume than Cooper does) and he turned it down, the number will probably be 17m+ unless the Cowboys throw in a ton of guaranteed cash to get the number in the 16m range. Cooper is already going to get 14m next season so if the Cowboys don't lock him up than the Franchise tag in 2020 will probably be 18-19m. Cooper holds all the cards here unless he stinks it up in which case the Cowboys would have to let him go after next season meaning they just gave up a 1st round pick and 14m for 1effectively 1 season or Cooper balls out in which case the number will be much higher than 16m

I agree. It was completely stupid. They paid a first round pick for first rights to sign him to a 20 million dollar contract. LOL

Jones is almost forced to overpay him in FA now. Because if he doesn't retain him, it will go down as the one of the worst trades in history.

cern

Reaction score
Way too early to say. Would prefer to see his overall effect on team as opposed to his individual stats.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
I am not sure being a run first team how any of our WRs are going to put up massive numbers...I just don't see how it's realistic as often as we run the ball and how we play with a lead to expect huge stats from our WRs. We definitely needed a #1 WR to draw attention that D.C.s have to game plan for and I am hoping very much so that this opens up the rest of our offense. It makes a lot of sense in my mind how a player like A.C. could open this offense up in theory and we'll see how it happens in reality.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Let’s be real the only way this guy catches 85 balls for 1200 yards is if he’s got a different QB throwing the ball to him.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Ah so you don't care about the money? Well that explains your strange analysis of the deal.

And you also factor in that the Cowboys would screw up the pick anyway? So your being blind to 2/3 of the deal? Got it.
So you would trust dallas drafting a 1st round wide out :facepalm: good luck with that