CFZ If we want serious playoff success, we can’t continue this

Nav22

Reaction score
The minutiae continues. We know what that means.

Still 3. We also know what that means. Lol.
"Minutiae"

The entire argument was literally the length of the streak, and how rare it is for a team to be hosed for that long by the refs.

But now the length of the streak is "minutiae"?

That's like saying DaRon Bland tied Lenny Moore's NFL record 17-game TD streak today.

Don't argue!!! The actual length of Lenny Moore's streak and the fact that Bland didn't actually reach it is "minutiae"!!!

Your research failed you, then you tried to cover it up by lying about the data.

"Same exact thing happened to Detroit!" Fraudulent.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
"Minutiae"

The entire argument was literally the length of the streak.

But now the length is "minutiae."

That's like saying DaRon Bland tied Lenny Moore's NFL record 17-game TD streak today.

Don't argue!!! The length of Lenny Moore's streak and the fact that Bland didn't actually reach it is "minutiae"!!!
Exactly. Trying to claim it's some rare event and the Lions had one the very same year. One less game like I said and now you're like, "but, but, but not exactly the same number! You lied!" Lol. Exact number wasn't the point. Minutiae, bro. The pattern of what you do instead of taking the L. Who needs victimhood this bad?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not rigged, manipulated. Way too much proof to deny.

I still find it entertaining, even though they obviously manipulate the games to keep them closer. Close games = more people watching = more money. That simple.
Provide proof. Not feelings, not "what else could it be?", but actual proof that would stand up in a court of law.

Good luck, Rowdy.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Everything is rigged in SOME way. Depends on your perspective.
Funny how the results of football games are only "rigged" in the eyes of people who don't like the outcome.

I've been here for years. I've never seen anyone claim any of the Cowboys 5 Super Bowl wins were "rigged", but they'll tell you about plenty of losses.

Grow up, gentlemen. Take the Ls as easily as you take the Ws, and stop making fools of yourselves.

Nav22

Reaction score
Exactly. Trying to claim it's some rare event and the Lions had one the very same year. One less game like I said and now you're like, "but, but, but not exactly the same number! You lied!" Lol. Exact number wasn't the point. Minutiae, bro. The pattern of what you do instead of taking the L. Who needs victimhood this bad?
"Exact number wasn't the point."

The length of the streak was literally the entire point.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
"Exact number wasn't the point."

The length of the streak was literally the entire point.
The person who brought it up didn't even know the number and presented it as some outrageously rare event. It was so rare, Detroit had a similar one the same season. THAT was the point. But when it can't be refuted, then it's, "yeah but it wasn't the exact same number." No one even knew the number but now that's magically the whole point when no one mentioned it from the start. Lol. Again, who needs victimhood this bad that this is what you resort to when pinned? L confirmed.

Nav22

Reaction score
The person who brought it up didn't even know the number and presented it as some outrageously rare event. It was so rare, Detroit had a similar one the same season. THAT was the point. But when it can't be refuted, then it's, "yeah but it wasn't the exact same number." No one even knew the number but now that's magically the whole point when no one mentioned it from the start. Lol. Again, who needs victimhood this bad that this is what you resort to when pinned? L confirmed.
"A similar one"

Is that what you said before?

Backtracking now because you got caught lying.

Congrats to DaRon Bland for tying Lenny Moore's TD streak!!! Don't worry about the minutiae of the actual length of the streak!

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, when Tony Pollard will pass Emmitt Smith to become the NFL's all-time leading rusher!!!

offlimits

Reaction score
I don't know in high school, we had guys serving as refs at practice and if you committed a penalty you were running the bleachers. Not sure if it is the answer for NFL players but try something. This has not changed in McCarthys tenure.
High school?:facepalm:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not this again, Mike handled this 3 seasons ago:)

We are about to starta series of games where a penalty can cause a loss.
Discipline is key, Dak needs all the support he can get.

cristglo

Reaction score
Pre-snap penalties are not arbitrary. We have 26 pre-snap penalties including a league leading 11 penalties for simply lining up off sides. There’s nothing arbitrary about that or the 10 false starts, or delay of game calls.

Yes holding calls on O or D can be arbitrary, but there are 9 teams in the league with more offensive holding calls than us. We lead the league in defensive holding calls with 13, but there are 8 other teams that have 10-12.

And if the argument is “They never call the other team”, the Cowboys are 4th in the league in beneficiary calls, meaning they have had quite a few calls go their way. The recent eagles game is a prime example.
Those offsides is really troublesome. I mean you’re right on the line. Geez, take a look and see where you’re at.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The good news is this is very correctable the bad news is someone in authority has to make it a priority and get on it pronto

Blackrain

Reaction score
While we're at it can we get rid of the direct snap to the running back not sure whether we lost more yards on that play yesterday or the penalties

T-RO

Reaction score
Funny how the results of football games are only "rigged" in the eyes of people who don't like the outcome.
I am 100% proof against that joke narrative.

I first discovered ref chicanery when it was blatantly *favoring* my own Lakers. But go ahead and live in your candy-cane world.

The refs pushed for the Cowboys today. They'll push for the teams/narratives that suit their agenda and their money...and it will vary week-by-week. Small-market teams will perpetually get squeezed. The league's anointed will get a big boost, particularly in games that really mean something.

T Swifty's Chiefs aren't going to get denied this year when it counts, at least not until the Super Bowl. Book it. They were already tied into so many narratives and corporate deals, it was silly. With 50 million potential young female Swift viewers? LOL.

Meanwhile Dolphins vs. Eagles sees a 10-0 penalty differential, despite blatant Eagle penalties.

links18

Reaction score
If we want playoff success, we need to get better at both stopping the run and running the ball.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
"A similar one"

Is that what you said before?

Backtracking now because you got caught lying.

Except it happened to the Lions for 1 less game that very same season. Research is a mutha. Lol.

Literally Post #11 on the first page. Your attention span couldn't even last that long? Or are you that anxious to post multiple smileys to overcompensate for manufactured, weak minutiae cases? Lol.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Some love to use the buzzphrase conspiracy theory to dismiss any talk that a ref (just a person) could ever be biased against a team and over ref the most popular team in the sport.

Can’t see how some don’t think there’s an anger towards the Cowboys and their “undeserving popularity”. And that refs, all likely nfl fans, could possibly feel that way.

And there were 2 long stretches in that season with zero holds and video evidence of shirts being pulled 3ft out as if they knew they wouldn’t get called for blatant holds.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did the Zebras call penalties against the precious Brady-Belichick combo in New England?

Will they ever call more than token penalties against the Swifty-Chiefs? The Dolphins face the blessed-Eagles and see a 10-0 penalty differential, wut?

Please review history and present events and think deeper about these issues. You're a bright guy and will figure it out if you think analytically and objectively.
Some points:
  • The chiefs (before tonight’s Mon night game) are averaging 6.8 penalties per game. The Cowboys after the Carolina game are avg 7.4 penalties per game. Pretty close.
  • The pats are ranked 17th in penalties this year, even without Brady. And were low in penalties last year too. It’s not about Brady.
  • You are welcome to provide your analytical skills to these facts.

ESisback

Reaction score
Back to the thread topic. Yes, penalties will hold back any contender. I hope it doesn’t kill us.

Following CC’s example, I’m going to TRY to devalue the “winning” of an argument. TRY is the operative word. Kinda like “love thy neighbor”.