CFZ If we want serious playoff success, we can’t continue this

kskboys

Reaction score
Incompetent refs and biased officiating are instruments the NFL has to manage the flow of the game. Not saying they rig games but I do believe they make and don’t make certain calls to manage the flow of the game to keep viewership as high as possible.
Absolutely. And when you watch it w/ that in mind, it's actually blatantly obvious.

kskboys

Reaction score
And yet, some posters will argue against this notion all day.
It's simply a very strong need to not believe/see it. Most want to believe the game is straight up w/ no shenanigans. I think some base their very fanhood on it.

I figured out a long time ago that this world has a lot of unprettiness in it. Soon as I got over the optimism of the 20's age. And that's OK. Simply the way it is. I choose to be entertained by it.

Nav22

Reaction score
Remember that season not to long ago when Cowboys opponents were not flagged for a single offensive holding for like 9 straight games? There is no force on Earth that will get me to believe that was just coincidence. The NFL screws the Cowboys every chance it gets. I know it has to be chafin Goodell's britches somethin fierce that we will be at home for all three games of the Thanksgiving stretch. Guarantee you we will not see that for another 10 years. Especially if we win all three.
That no offensive holding streak?

Just so happened to occur while Jerry Jones was suing the league and trying to oust Roger Goodell because of how Ezekiel Elliott was being treated in the suspension drama.

Total coincidence, I'm sure.

kskboys

Reaction score
That no offensive holding streak?

Just so happened to occur while Jerry Jones was suing the league and trying to oust Roger Goodell because of how Ezekiel Elliott was being treated in the suspension drama.

Total coincidence, I'm sure.
Yup. People have no idea how deep this crapp goes.

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
Somebody may prove me wrong with stats but how is it that with different coaches and different players over many years we seem to always be “undisciplined “ and at the top of the most penalized teams?

I’m sure some will say it’s the culture or the Hollywood circus created by the Jones boys. But is it also possible because we are so polarizing that some refs tend to lean into the hate and throw more flags? I’m not saying there is systematic planned cheating but if I was a ref I’d have a hard time not throwing quick flags against the eagles. Just my 2 cents. Sharpen your knives.

Nav22

Reaction score
And the Lions' crime was ...... playing in Detroit? Lol.
The Lions OL and DL weren't NEARLY as talented as the Cowboys, and you know it.

A crappy team's opponents don't need to commit as many penalties to try and stop them. We had a very strong pass rush and a very strong OL that year.

Skipping ahead to 2021...

Dallas led the league in PPG, YPG and takeaways PG, if I recall correctly. That takes serious discipline.

And yet somehow, they also led the league in penalties. So in the 1 area of the game controlled by the refs, the Cowboys were supposedly WILDLY undisciplined. Even though Mike McCarthy's Packers were routinely among the LEAST penalized teams, so he magically forgot how to coach penalties.

Totally legit.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Toro9

Reaction score
Incompetent refs and biased officiating are instruments the NFL has to manage the flow of the game. Not saying they rig games but I do believe they make and don’t make certain calls to manage the flow of the game to keep viewership as high as possible.
You're not wrong.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The Lions OL and DL weren't NEARLY as talented as the Cowboys, and you know it.

A crappy team's opponents don't need to commit as many penalties to try and stop them. We had a very strong pass rush and a very strong OL that year.

Skipping ahead to 2021...

Dallas led the league in PPG, YPG and takeaways PG, if I recall correctly. That takes serious discipline.

And yet somehow, they also led the league in penalties. So in the 1 area of the game controlled by the refs, the Cowboys were supposedly WILDLY undisciplined. Even though Mike McCarthy's Packers were routinely among the LEAST penalized teams, so he magically forgot how to coach penalties.

Totally legit.
Happened to Detroit. The very same year. Cowboys weren't special in that regard, "talent" and whatever haze you're trying to inject, notwithstanding. A penalty that highlights our DL not forcing holds and you're quoting me PPG, YPG, and takeaways of a subsequent year that has NOTHING to do with the DL in the year in question. Telling. The Cowboys DL weren't the only ones that failed at trying to force something, eh? Lol.

Nav22

Reaction score
Happened to Detroit. The very same year. Cowboys weren't special in that regard, "talent" and whatever haze you're trying to inject, notwithstanding. A penalty that highlights our DL not forcing holds and you're quoting me PPG, YPG, and takeaways of a subsequent year that has NOTHING to do with the DL in the year in question. Telling. The Cowboys DL weren't the only ones that failed at trying to force something, eh? Lol.
"But out of the other 31 teams, ONE of them got screwed ALMOST as badly as Dallas did!"

I rest my case.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
"But out of the other 31 teams, ONE of them got screwed ALMOST as badly as Dallas did!"

I rest my case.
Take your L bro. "Refs hate Dallas, this rare streak is PrOoF!!!" Uh, happened the same year to another team. Narrative killer. Tell me again about the Dallas offense though, lol.

And you didn't even use your standard 5 laughing smileys. Even YOU know you made a weak case. Lol.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Absolutely. And when you watch it w/ that in mind, it's actually blatantly obvious.
And yet, some posters will argue against this notion all day.
That's how biases work.

You turn the game on expecting to see something and you will always see it. That's not proof that it's actually there, though, which is why not everyone sees it.

I'll never understand why anyone watches a sport they claim is rigged. Well, when they don't like the outcome, that is. Haven't seen any threads like that today. Shocking.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's how biases work.

You turn the game on expecting to see something and you will always see it. That's not proof that it's actually there, though, which is why not everyone sees it.

I'll never understand why anyone watches a sport they claim is rigged. Well, when they don't like the outcome, that is. Haven't seen any threads like that today. Shocking.
Not rigged, manipulated. Way too much proof to deny.

I still find it entertaining, even though they obviously manipulate the games to keep them closer. Close games = more people watching = more money. That simple.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
Refs are human. 50% of the world hates the cowboys. It’s not conspiratorial to say that refs calls stuff against the cows that they don’t call against the colts.

Nav22

Reaction score
Take your L bro. "Refs hate Dallas, this rare streak is PrOoF!!!" Uh, happened the same year to another team. Narrative killer. Tell me again about the Dallas offense though, lol.

And you didn't even use your standard 5 laughing smileys. Even YOU know you made a weak case. Lol.
Um, Detroit didn't match Dallas' streak.

You yourself said they were short by 1 game.

So you couldn't find 1 other team that this has ever happened to.

You even tried to lie to cover up that fact. It did NOT happen to another team that year.

ESisback

Reaction score
That's how biases work.

Everything is rigged in SOME way. Depends on your perspective.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Um, Detroit didn't match Dallas' streak.

You yourself said they were short by 1 game.

So you couldn't find 1 other team that this has ever happened to.

You even tried to lie to cover up that fact. It did NOT happen to another team that year.
Can always tell when I got you because then you try to dive into minutiae when you can't defend the points. I know exactly what I said because I'm the one that looked it up. Now tell me how Detroit was "screwed" by their non-calls as you said, because obviously you watched all of Detroit's games that year to know there should have been calls made, right? Heck, we still don't have anything documented to know that Dallas was "screwed" either because none of you victims ever come with proof.

Still only 3 smileys, huh? Your conviction is slipping. Lol.

Nav22

Reaction score
Can always tell when I got you because then you try to dive into minutiae when you can't defend the points. I know exactly what I said because I'm the one that looked it up. Now tell me how Detroit was "screwed" by their non-calls as you said, because obviously you watched all of Detroit's games that year to know there should have been calls made, right? Heck, we still don't have anything documented to know that Dallas was "screwed" either because none of you victims ever come with proof.

Still only 3 smileys, huh? Your conviction is slipping. Lol.
That's cute.

You still couldn't find ONE example of that happening to another NFL team ever, and we all know you tried.

Then you repeatedly LIED about the same thing happening to Detroit... but it didn't, as their streak was a game short.

Adorable deflection attempt though! Your research failed you and then you got caught lying.

Embarrassing L.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once you’ve made your point several times and someone disagrees…let it go. This board isn’t always about “owning” someone or just “winning” an argument. Sometimes we have to agree that we don’t agree and just move on.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That's cute.

You still couldn't find ONE example of that happening to another NFL team ever, and we all know you tried.

Then you repeatedly LIED about the same thing happening to Detroit... but it didn't, as their streak was a game short.

Adorable deflection attempt though! Your research failed you and then you got caught lying.

Embarrassing L.
The minutiae continues. We know what that means.

Still 3. We also know what that means. Lol.