If we win it could drop us to 10th pick

DTown214

Reaction score
If we win out we could pick 19th!? lol imagine my face if we have the 19th pick

Shunpike

Reaction score
Hey guys. A little bit buzzed but this is my home. I don't write on any other football board including Giants' boards. I wouldn't write to this one either but too bad my son is a Cowboys fan and this site is the only place I got my Cowboys info.

That said, wishing your team a loss is pretty bad in my book. How will you explain a Cowboys loss for a draft pick to my 11 year old when he made his daddy buy Sunday Ticket for Cowboys? Who cares about a draft pick really when the draft is full of busted picks in the Top 10?

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
According to CBS, we're currently picking at #5. According to ESPN, we're currently picking at #6, behind every other 4-loss team. Either way, we're at 5-6 right now. A win this week, according to CBS's strength of schedules, could drop us to #10, and could drop us to #12 according to ESPN. So either way we could drop to 10-12 with a win. And to take it even further, we have a higher strength of schedule than any 6-win team, so we could drop as far back as #19 if we win out according to both CBS and ESPN. Of course, dropping that far back probably wouldn't be possible because some 6-win teams might play each other the final two weeks. The point is, keep losing and we're almost guaranteed a top-5 pick. Mess around and start winning and we're looking at another 10-15 or even worse pick.

We are starting lefty Kellen Moore without Dez, after a week for Rex Ryan to game plan the Rookie Backup. This one could get ugly....next week the DeadSkins will be playing for Playoff life.

Take a shot at a top 5 stud could salvage a season. Franchise

vaturkey

Reaction score
I want us to loose to Buffalo and beat the stuffings out of the skins. I live outside of Washington. I hate that team and their smurf owner.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Sometimes, you need to crawl through some **** to get to the rain.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I want to go all RS and just root for the wins to watch this place freak out.

Burn Hollywood Burn

Wood

Reaction score
According to CBS, we're currently picking at #5. According to ESPN, we're currently picking at #6, behind every other 4-loss team. Either way, we're at 5-6 right now. A win this week, according to CBS's strength of schedules, could drop us to #10, and could drop us to #12 according to ESPN. So either way we could drop to 10-12 with a win. And to take it even further, we have a higher strength of schedule than any 6-win team, so we could drop as far back as #19 if we win out according to both CBS and ESPN. Of course, dropping that far back probably wouldn't be possible because some 6-win teams might play each other the final two weeks. The point is, keep losing and we're almost guaranteed a top-5 pick. Mess around and start winning and we're looking at another 10-15 or even worse pick.

ESPN is wrong. Dallas is currently slotted at #5 based on strength of schedule. But I agree a win would have draft consequences. I use CBS site for draft slots as its done by Dane Bugler who is draft guru on Draft show with Broaddus.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...nfl-draft-updated-draft-order-through-week-15

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm as big a fan as any of you and it wouldn't appear that way, nor would any of you ever know.

I admit it is DIFFICULT to root against them during a game and I don't, but I want them to lose.

I openly rooted crazily against the 1988 team at the end of the year. One more win (and they came damn close in Cleveland in December) and history is VERY different.

Get as high of a pick as you can if you have no shot to win it all. It's just good business.

Sorry to all you fight, fight, fight, win, win, win people. It's the losing the battle to win the war concept. Not difficult.

I perfectly understand this. I too back then was rooting for that loss, but GB needed to win, and they did. As this was for the right to pick Troy Aikman.
But also back then we didn't have the mass spectacle TV coverage, Sunday ticket, or I don't think it was out then. And where I was living in South Florida didn't have that game on. So it was easy to think, hope, did they lose. Had to keep a look at the scores whenever they showed them. As it wasn't a scrolling ticker then either. Or if it was, I don't remember.

But now watching every game, knowing it is best for them to lose, it is very hard to root for that while watching them.

Maybe my cable and Internet will go out...lol....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not just about moving down 7-8 spots from 5 to 12 or so, it's also losing that many spots in every subsequent round as well.

If we have to endure a year this ****ty, it shouldn't be at the expense of picking in the middle of the draft. Winning gets us a giant sack of crap this year and beating BUF and WAS doesn't change the fact that this season was an utter failure.

Yes, picking 5 and 37 is much better than 15 and 47 in the first 2 rounds. Can get 2, and even in the 3rd round, 3 very good quality players, higher in each round, and the trade value is much higher too.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we win out we could pick 19th!? lol imagine my face if we have the 19th pick

If we win out we could have picked 18th, but Oakland won, so 18th, but over the last 2 games some of those teams play each other. So it would be around 16th. But I think SOS is so, that it would be higher by at least a few slots. Lose one of the last 2, the worse we pick is 10th.

If win out and if Eagles, Giants, Colts, and a few others win this weekend, that could move is to 12 at worse with 6 wins.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Relax. The Cowboys are goin GM to tank the next two games. The word has been officially sent. We'll end the season 4-12 and draft in the top 10.

Book it!