If You Could Choose 1 Player In Cowboys History, In Their Absolute Prime To Add To Today's Team

eromeopolk

Reaction score
For this team it needs Tom Landry/Jimmy Johnson/Bill Parcells at HC, Randy White, Bob Lilly at DT, Rayfield Wright at LT, Erik Williams at RT, Roy Williams/Cornell Green and Darren Woodson at SS/FS, Bob Breunig/Lee Roy Jordan at MLB, and Harvey Martin at RDE.

This team is more than one player away from challenging for a championship.
Forgot Larry Allen or Nate Newton at LG.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They are always looking for the next whiz kid headcoach.
Unfortunitely they are amatuers and don't have the ability to find one.
We are at a competitive disadvantage with our front office.

Well, and that's the biggest reason we struggle. We have the talent. Where we are weak is coaching to where adjustments can be made. Imagine if Parcells stayed longer, how much further the franchise would be.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Roger Staubach. A franchise quarterback fills in a lot of gaps.

I was close to saying Aikman, but Aikman couldn't dodge and run like Roger and doesn't have Roger's leadership qualities.
Aikman would get pissed off at you and not throw you the ball anymore.
I don't think that works with this generation of football players.
Roger had a way of inspiring teammates and getting the best out of them. And if he needed to fight, he wasn't a push over.

Defense is important, and there are any number of players from the past who could help this defense immensely (Deion, Haley, Randy White, Too Tall Jones, DeMarcus Ware, etc.)

But having a franchise quarterback who is clutch in critical games can't be overstated, especially when there's a thin line between winning and losing in the post-season.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Tough call. I’m tempted to add a stud on either line, because there’s a lot of talent to pick from in our history and I’m a firm believer it’s still won in the trenches.

Another thing missing on our team has been strong leadership. So I’m also tempted to pick someone like Michael Irvin or Troy Aikman like the other posts. Positions where we don’t have a stud like Safety, I could always go with someone like Woody. But if I only get one pick it has to be an extremely important position.

Ultimately, it’s a quarterback league. I’m going with Roger Staubach. He’ll flip out when he sees how easy it is nowadays for a quarterback, he’s super mobile so we’ll be okay if the offensive line isn’t the greatest. He knows how to win big games, he’ll put us in a position to win all the time, And he will demand hard work and discipline from his teammates.

And the best part is we are probably going to get some first round picks for Dak If Deshaun Watson who isn’t even guaranteed to play can get what he did.

erod

Reaction score
Ya I think not getting to enjoy the Fruits of kelly Rowland and longer would impact alot of us
As a wise man once said, doesn't matter how hot she is, there's a dude that's tired of her.

RS12

Reaction score
As a wise man once said, doesn't matter how hot she is, there's a dude that's tired of her.
Yes thats an oldie but goodie, and the PG version that we have all heard.

FrankM

Reaction score
Probably Michael Irvin. Not that the team needs a receiver. The team needs someone to hold everyone accountable, though. Michael Irvin would make everyone practice hard. He even made sure everyone got a haircut in the right order.
Who would wear 88 Irvin or Lamb?