If you hate on Dak, you don't know Jack

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Pass2Run, Dec 23, 2018.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

18,581 Messages
    15,228 Likes Received
    You just kicked a hornet's nest. I agree with you but I'm not sticking around for the swarm attack that is surely coming.

Pass2Run likes this.
  2. BoysForLife

BoysForLife Well-Known Member

3,097 Messages
    4,198 Likes Received
    Extraordinarily well said

Runwildboys likes this.
  3. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

9,350 Messages
    13,576 Likes Received
    Oh, please... Glim. The sack Dak took, there was a replay taken from behind the QB where anyone can see all receivers were covered as Vita Vea bullrushed with ease right past Xavier Filo and sacked Dak. There is no way in hell anyone can blame that on Dak unless you expect him to ground the ball for a penalty since he was in the pocket, or you expect him to force a throw into coverage for an interception. What would you have rather had on that well covered play with a DT crashing down quickly and hard on you... a sack or a penalty for grounding or a forced interception?

Make a choice but don't blame Dak for that play. Be reasonable.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  4. DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey Well-Known Member

5,842 Messages
    9,693 Likes Received
    Who never played QB. While multiple SB HoF QB's have wondered if Dak has "it".

Now, I believe Dak has it, but I also believe that for whatever reason he is scared and holding himself back. Jeez, you know I've supported Dak and supported the decision to keep Dak in when Romo got back. But Dak needs to prove that he can overcome that fear put into him in the Atlanta game last year and rise up to the challenge. Receivers are getting open. He's not seeing them or doesn't feel confident enough hitting them. It's all right there on the game film.
    We've seen that he CAN do it, but right now he's not and that isn't acceptable if he's going to remain the QB of the future.

Pass2Run and Runwildboys like this.
  5. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

22,866 Messages
    43,335 Likes Received
    Thank you.

BoysForLife likes this.
  6. America's Cowboy

9,350 Messages
    13,576 Likes Received
    Right on cue, Runny. You simply couldn't keep your old Romoholic love in check, could you?

You guys are simply here to bash Dak because you still are upset Romo got dethroned and forced to retire, eh?

7. Runwildboys

22,866 Messages
    43,335 Likes Received
    What the Hell does Romo have to do with anything?

8. America's Cowboy

9,350 Messages
    13,576 Likes Received
    Oh, please. Go rewatch the game, especially the replay of the sack Vita Vea got on Dak.

Like I told Glim...

The sack Dak took, there was a replay taken from behind the QB where anyone can see all receivers were covered as Vita Vea bullrushed with ease right past Xavier Filo and sacked Dak. There is no way in hell anyone can blame that on Dak unless you expect him to ground the ball for a penalty since he was in the pocket, or you expect him to force a throw into coverage for an interception. What would you have rather had on that well covered play with a DT crashing down quickly and hard on you... a sack or a penalty for grounding or a forced interception?

9. America's Cowboy

9,350 Messages
    13,576 Likes Received
    When it comes to bashing Dak from a certain group, everything.

10. America's Cowboy

9,350 Messages
    13,576 Likes Received
    I will. Took the heat for years on the old forums for stating the truth. Even now Darren Woodson is saying the same.

[​IMG]

It's downright disrespectful that some of them have been coming out in full force Dak-bash mode after key wins.

Pass2Run and JoeKing like this.
  11. Runwildboys

22,866 Messages
    43,335 Likes Received
    There's a world of difference between bashing and being realistic. When Dak makes good throws I give him credit, such as the long ball to Gallup tonight. On the other hand, when he doesn't play well I point that out as well. It's unfortunate that the latter tends to be the more common experience with him.

I want him to be good, I really do. It's not easy finding a franchise QB, so it'd be really nice if he turned out to be that for us. I thought he was getting better with his anticipation since Cooper's arrival, but the last two games, he's hesitating, holding the ball, and waiting for his receivers to get open too often. His accuracy is lacking as well. I think if they designed more roll outs for him he could be better, because he seems to throw better on the run (to his right) but until then, he's unimpressive.

12. Runwildboys

22,866 Messages
    43,335 Likes Received
    Woody was quoting other people. He flat out said Romo was a better QB.

13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

46,796 Messages
    33,729 Likes Received
    I pull for Dak....but especially those three 8-8 teams wouldve been 4-12 ..imo
    Those horrific defenses and olines with guys like Felix Jones toting rock. Good.uck

But with a strong defense and run game, bus driving can work to some degree if you dont turn it over

CowboysBravesSpurs likes this.
  14. America's Cowboy

9,350 Messages
    13,576 Likes Received
    That's not true at all. I don't know what video you watched, but here is a better explanation of what Darren Woodson was saying about how Dak has the "it factor", unlike what he felt in comparison to Romo.

Hence the actual Woodson quote from the video...
    [​IMG]

15. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

8,371 Messages
    6,598 Likes Received
    I wish this forum would not allow any juveniles in. This is what you get when middle schoolers are allowed to post.

16. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

18,581 Messages
    15,228 Likes Received
    I have no doubt we have championships in our future with Dak as our leader. Someday the haters will come around and come to respect him because they'll have to. When that happens, I'll remember these days when Dak hate ran freely and the Championships will just be that much sweeter for those of us that have respected Dak from the beginning.

America's Cowboy likes this.
  17. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

10,871 Messages
    6,402 Likes Received
    I agree with you, but now to see what he does in his 2nd playoff appearance.

Pass2Run likes this.
  18. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

10,871 Messages
    6,402 Likes Received
    Lamar is also going to playoffs lol

What got me is the TB defense had not stopped anyone in the redzone , or maybe inside the 10 all year, and the cowboys
    were the worst at scoring there, and troy said well one has to change, and TB stopped dallas so the only team they stopped
    all year is the JG-Linehan offense.

The Offensive problems are extensive, they go way beyond Dak.
    Richards made the defense better, now we need new HC and OC and our Offense would change like the defense did.

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  19. DJordan23

DJordan23 Well-Known Member

346 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    Exactly

20. Pass2Run

Pass2Run Well-Known Member

1,215 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received
    I meant to say he's led us to the playoffs twice in three years.

But good to know there's a group of people who are willing to give Dak time, and a chance, to grow.

I personally think some of the things that people see are coming from coordinators and coaches, and I understand why they'd take that approach.

Romo was good for losing us 1, 2 games a year with a impulsive, errant throws.

Dak doesn't do that. He's not as accurate as Romo or Acheman on all throws, but to say he isn't accurate is wrong, too.

If you think about it, the coaches haven't had to open him up too much to risk the ball all that much, because the defense usually keeps us in it and the coaches are content to play that way right now.

This is the best defense I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    JoeKing likes this.