If you were GM of the Cowboys would you have tried to get T.Hill?

Frozen700

Reaction score
With what QB?

Dakbis the type of QB you need nothing but possession WR's.

Speedy WRs would be a waste

kskboys

Reaction score
Ok lets say jerry put you in charge of cowboys 2 weeks ago, would you have tried to get hill?
This includes that jerry wanted amari gone regardless.
Also I dont know hill , but whether I like him or not, I know his value to a team. So that is what is important
if your a GM.

Hill is a dynamic WR, one of the fastest wr, and importantly he is good at catching a short to midrange pass
and getting yac, breaking a big run off a short pass.

This is what dak needs, more than a guy who can run deep passes, as dak is 50 50 on those longer passes.

you can use hill on a reverse, in backfield, short, medium , and long.

He is also good at clearing areas, and getting dbl covered to clear a area for another wr.

He would have been perfect for Dak.

And if I had to trade lamb to get picks back, I would then trade lamb.

Hill is by far better than lamb.

So jones boys made no effort or try to get him, is that stupid? If you try and fail, thats ok, and I dont
mean stephen low balling hill lol.

I was just watching the kc dallas game , and KC is going to miss hill, they were stupid to not resign him.
and I cant believe Miami of all teams got him ! So many teams besides dallas blew a chance at one
of the best wr in the nfl.
Can't pay everyone. Mahomes isn't going to win it all again w/o a D.

kskboys

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill would be much more expensive than what a miser like Stephen Jones would accommodate.

Sorry to say so, but that's a pipe dream. We'd surely be blessed to sign another WR to compare to him.

If this season's version of the Cowboys would only resolve our problems with the OL, we'd be fortunate.
Luckily.

Hill is not the missing piece. We're never going to get there w/o a D.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Luckily.

Hill is not the missing piece. We're never going to get there w/o a D.

True. A good D will still be missing if we can't stop both the run and pass better than we have recenty.

Let's hope our DL steps up bigtime. Hopefully, Dan Quinn will figure out ways to provide those needs.

Moore should also be provided some much-needed support and assistance to invigorate the offense.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
True. A good D will still be missing if we can't stop both the run and pass better than we have lately. Let's hope our DL steps up bigtime.
I would love to have Hill, but not at the cost of high draft picks and a huge salary.

This is a major snafu by MIA, desperately trying to make Tua good when he is not.

jujoboys

Reaction score
No. 5 draft picks plus a huge contract are a no go for me. We need OLine. We have to have time to throw the ball and the ability to run the ball. We don't have a LG and we have a starting C and RT that are suspect along with a LT that can't make it through an entire season.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No for 3 reasons. Too expensive, need the draft capital because this is a team that builds through the draft and he is not a fit for this QB.

Mahomes buys time with his legs and is a threat to take off on any play which keeps a lid on the secondary and he is a good deep ball thrower. He is also good at hitting receivers of varying speed to allow them to be headed in the right direction.

I always thought Galloway, and if they'd have picked Moss, would have been a waste with the type QB Aikman was. He was not a deep ball thrower, they floated and fluttered on him. He even remarked after they got Galloway that he could not overthrow him. Meaning Aikman could heave it his distance when Galloway took off from the line and Galloway would have to slow down to catch it.

Hill needs a QB with an arm like Mahomes or Allen.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Heck no! It's time to draft and trade or release WRs when they come due for their 2nd contract.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok lets say jerry put you in charge of cowboys 2 weeks ago, would you have tried to get hill?
Also I dont know hill , but whether I like him or not, I know his value to a team. So that is what is important
if your a GM.

Hill is a dynamic WR, one of the fastest wr, and importantly he is good at catching a short to midrange pass

This is what dak needs, more than a guy who can run deep passes, as dak is 50 50 on those longer passes.

He is also good at clearing areas, and getting dbl covered to clear a area for another wr.

So jones boys made no effort or try to get him, is that stupid? If you try and fail, thats ok, and I dont

I was just watching the kc dallas game , and KC is going to miss hill, they were stupid to not resign him.
and I cant believe Miami of all teams got him ! So many teams besides dallas blew a chance at one
Lol…..no freaking way. That was the dumbest trade and signing in the history.

blueblood70

Reaction score
if your a GM.

NO NO NO not at 30 mil per lmao just no there reason KC let him walk hes great elite for sure but that just too much allocated to a WR..

pancakeman

Reaction score
There are two schools of thought. Given:
  • Dak's offenses have not been strong at hit-in-stride, high RAC yards, and
  • Hill is one of the best at that,
does that mean Hill is exactly what we need (gives us what we're missing), or Hill is a terrible idea (his value would be squandered here)?

DFWJC

Reaction score
HIll is a unique weapon, but NO for so many reasons.

Just glad the Rams and Stafford didn't get him.
Could you imagine Kupp and Hill, with their complementary skillsets?
:omg:

bewp7

Reaction score
no chance!

i have a “franchise qb” so he can elevate his wr and every one else he does not get yet another expensive wr to not throw to lol

no i am building ol and defense

Chuck 54

Reaction score
if your a GM.

No

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There are two schools of thought. Given:
  • Dak's offenses have not been strong at hit-in-stride, high RAC yards, and
  • Hill is one of the best at that,
does that mean Hill is exactly what we need (gives us what we're missing), or Hill is a terrible idea (his value would be squandered here)?
actually we were 9th in the league in YAC.....

and yes, Hill is one of the best, KC was #1, but then again they have Mahomes.

here are the top 4 and it shouldn't surprise us

KC
Tampa
GB
Cinci

5th was LV