Iggles continue to add help

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That's right. The deal is you could see that the Eagles had the potential to collapse by mid-season and they did. They could have easily lost more games than they did.
Yes. And the Eagles response to that collapse is they have a lot to do. And they’re doing a lot. Two new coordinators. The realization their quarterback isn’t good enough without a better rushing attack. Ignoring the back seven of the defense for years was a very bad idea, so better address that mistake. That’s what they’re doing. They could have won more than they did. So they are responding with the aggressive off season of a team that failed. Because they did.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
If you can guarantee a SB for putting yourself in years of franchise crippling dept then sure.
Problem is you can't. For teams that have done the same most didn't get the SB and instead paid the price for the debt.

The eagles are not guaranteed to win a SB now. They are guaranteed future cap problems though.
We have cap problems right now. We can’t even sign a RB. What do we have to show for it?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If you can guarantee a SB for putting yourself in years of franchise crippling dept then sure.
Problem is you can't. For teams that have done the same most didn't get the SB and instead paid the price for the debt.

The eagles are not guaranteed to win a SB now. They are guaranteed future cap problems though.
That’s just Cowboys fan hope. It’s not necessarily true. Like every team in the NFL the Eagles have to manage the cap. Those two receivers and their QB will not be in the top ten in compensation at their respective positions in 24 months, probably sooner than that. The Cowboys may have the very best WR in the league and have fouled up management of the salary cap such they can’t even give him an extension he’s earned. You want the Eagles to be in crippling cap trouble only because the Cowboys are. Other teams lock down their top talent, not just Philly.

exciter

Reaction score
How much of a team cancer do you think the guy is if they just resigned him? The cancer on their team is their HC by the way. The simple fact that Cowboys homers don't want to see is that every team in the NFL has improved itself in the off-season and we have not. Will all these moves the Iggles have made pay off in the end? The simple fact is that they see needs and they go out to try to find them. The reality of being a Cowboys fan for as long as I have is that we have had these same needs for 30 years and have done nothing about it. Oh wait, apologies, we are doing something about it. No RB1, nor WR2, questions at OL, a QB1 nobody wants here, and guys on D coming off of not playing last year who will be counted on to step up. While I go worship the Iggles you should go find a dose of reality at your local pharmacy
Same whiney gibberish from eagles worshippers and we still finished better than them. But hey, reality is hard i guess!

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
If you can guarantee one. But we know we can't.
So we go out and overpay for a bunch of named aging free agents, don't win the SB and then watch as cornerstone players leave.
The rams did mortgage their future draft for sure. For higher priced players so that also mortgaged their future salary cap.

The problem I see us having is waiting to long to lock up players Like Dak, CD, and Micah. Waiting is only making it more expensive.
So choose early.... Extend or trade.... Don't sit and let it get more expensive.
True....the Rams TRULY went All In...and it worked. On the flip side, Denver kinda went "all in" with Russ Wilson, and it did NOT work....and now they're in NFL Wasteland for a few years.

superonyx

Reaction score
I've been hearing for 15 to 20 years how cap hell is coming and imminent for the Eagles but it never seems to happen.
Also, Howie tied a record for the most trades in one draft and picked up and extra 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th for next years draft to add a bunch of low priced potential and the flexibility to move up in the draft.
For 15-20 years huh? Never heard this about the Eagles until very recently. They had the luxury of a cheap QB, 1st round WR, 2nd round TE, cheap RB's over the last few years. Now they had to pay everyone. There is a web site that shows future salary cap numbers on the books for the next few years. They have the least coming. You can only play these games so long before the checks become due. Unless you want to believe the Eagles have this super secret way to actually beat the cap. ...... they dont.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
For 15-20 years huh? Never heard this about the Eagles until very recently. They had the luxury of a cheap QB, 1st round WR, 2nd round TE, cheap RB's over the last few years. Now they had to pay everyone. There is a web site that shows future salary cap numbers on the books for the next few years. They have the least coming. You can only play these games so long before the checks become due. Unless you want to believe the Eagles have this super secret way to actually beat the cap. ...... they dont.
They were hurt by it last year. They cleared $43 million in dead cap. Eased things up a little for this year. The trick is to not find yourself paying it back all at once. They have the hurdle of the NTC they gave Hurts. It may well end up being as painful as the Dak scenario. Eagles can escape the contract with him after 2025 season albeit with a hefty cap hit. If he can’t win with what weapons they’ve provided him he’s just not the guy. And they don’t have a phenom reserve quarterback on the roster like the Cowboys do.

mcmvp

Reaction score

lol!!! Yeah…let’s just post the opinion of the guy that is infamous for just going against the popular opinion. That’s all Nick is about. He wakes up in the morning and the first thought he has is ‘how can I be different?’ I mean, it’s smart.. It works for him.

But he would need to stop and actually do his homework to realize what he said about Howie is completely false. It may be true the last year or two (so recency bias), but it’s hardly the case going back further. And he’s received praise for a long while. Nick would’ve been smarter just to say that Howie knows how to adapt… and that’s what makes him a good GM

superonyx

Reaction score
They were hurt by it last year. They cleared $43 million in dead cap. Eased things up a little for this year. The trick is to not find yourself paying it back all at once. They have the hurdle of the NTC they gave Hurts. It may well end up being as painful as the Dak scenario. Eagles can escape the contract with him after 2025 season albeit with a hefty cap hit. If he can’t win with what weapons they’ve provided him he’s just not the guy. And they don’t have a phenom reserve quarterback on the roster like the Cowboys do.
Well I dont think you are understanding my point.
The Eagles are projected to have the 3rd lowest cap space available in 2026 and the 1 lowest in 2027.
Point being they are mortgaging the future to sign these guys this last year with balloon deals that will blow up on them.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/_/year/2027/sort/cap_maximum_space

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Well I dont think you are understanding my point.
The Eagles are projected to have the 3rd lowest cap space available in 2026 and the 1 lowest in 2027.
Point being they are mortgaging the future to sign these guys this last year with balloon deals that will blow up on them.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/_/year/2027/sort/cap_maximum_space
I wonder if Roseman is aware of that? Do you think that has escaped his attention? Do you? If you’re suggesting he’s blindly putting this roster together say it. Say you know it’s an issue and this Roseman idiot does not have a clue of his team’s cap posture. He’s supposed to win a Super Bowl before the end of the 2025 season when the team has to make a decision on their highly compensated quarterback. Perhaps, Roseman should have signed Elliott as opposed to Barkley. Would have been cheaper. Perhaps he should have done what the Cowboys are doing with their #1 WR and not extend Brown because it costs a lot. See, if he can’t get that team a Super Bowl win he’s going to be terminated. The Eagles’ owner isn’t getting any younger. If you believe the Cowboys are more prudently conducting business than the Eagles tell everyone here the Cowboys get it and the Eagles don’t. Tell everyone here you’d rather the Cowboys continue to do what they’ve done for decades. That they should not change their approach. Hope Roseman isn’t aware of spotrac.com. That would be bad. He might figure it all out.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't want to hear about them filthy Eagles..
Wait until we sweep them twice during the regualr season...

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Same whiney gibberish from eagles worshippers and we still finished better than them. But hey, reality is hard i guess!
Don't live in the past bud, live in the now. And if you are happy with how our ownership has handled this off season then you are simply content with the last 30 years of Cowboys football. Are you that ignorant that you allow somebody who poses 100% facts as being a whiney fan? Should I do cartwheels and film the video for all to see in order to pledge my allegiance to the Jones'? This reality you speak of has nothing to show for 3 decades, the reality of the worst fan base in the NFL is that the Iggles have something to show, and are at least trying to bring another. We on the other hand are sans clue as to what direction this franchise is going. If you belive otherwise, then you are either jaded or foolish.

superonyx

Reaction score
I wonder if Roseman is aware of that? Do you think that has escaped his attention? Do you? If you’re suggesting he’s blindly putting this roster together say it. Say you know it’s an issue and this Roseman idiot does not have a clue of his team’s cap posture. He’s supposed to win a Super Bowl before the end of the 2025 season when the team has to make a decision on their highly compensated quarterback. Perhaps, Roseman should have signed Elliott as opposed to Barkley. Would have been cheaper. Perhaps he should have done what the Cowboys are doing with their #1 WR and not extend Brown because it costs a lot. See, if he can’t get that team a Super Bowl win he’s going to be terminated. The Eagles’ owner isn’t getting any younger. If you believe the Cowboys are more prudently conducting business than the Eagles tell everyone here the Cowboys get it and the Eagles don’t. Tell everyone here you’d rather the Cowboys continue to do what they’ve done for decades. That they should not change their approach. Hope Roseman isn’t aware of spotrac.com. That would be bad. He might figure it all out.
No idea what you are rambling on about.
I am guessing you don't like the idea that they are spending now with contracts that will balloon in the next few years which will force them to start releasing guys and taking the dead cap hits.

No idea what in the world the rest of your weird rant is even talking about,.... You seem to take this way too serious or something.
Are you ok?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
No idea what you are rambling on about.
I am guessing you don't like the idea that they are spending now with contracts that will balloon in the next few years which will force them to start releasing guys and taking the dead cap hits.

No idea what in the world the rest of your weird rant is even talking about,.... You seem to take this way too serious or something.
Are you ok?
The point is who cares what they do. While the Cowboys, particularly their fans, are obsessed with the Eagles, the Lions and Packers have lapped both franchises, and the Eagles and Cowboys are no closer to being in the 49ers class. The Eagles wouldn’t have seen that Super Bowl, but for the Purdy injury. While the Cowboys are actually in a poor cap situation instead of hoping the Cowboys can do what they can to improve, Cowboys fans hope is that other teams fail. If you’re satisfied watching the Lions, 49ers, Packers, Rams play in the Super Bowl as long as it’s not the Eagles, no wonder Jerry and his son don’t seem to care. Their fans don’t.

exciter

Reaction score
Don't live in the past bud, live in the now. And if you are happy with how our ownership has handled this off season then you are simply content with the last 30 years of Cowboys football. Are you that ignorant that you allow somebody who poses 100% facts as being a whiney fan? Should I do cartwheels and film the video for all to see in order to pledge my allegiance to the Jones'? This reality you speak of has nothing to show for 3 decades, the reality of the worst fan base in the NFL is that the Iggles have something to show, and are at least trying to bring another. We on the other hand are sans clue as to what direction this franchise is going. If you belive otherwise, then you are either jaded or foolish.
Is it now or last 30 years or now.
Content isn’t the issue. It’s the slob the knob gushing what the eagles are doing and the squat to pee crying!

superonyx

Reaction score
The point is who cares what they do. While the Cowboys, particularly their fans, are obsessed with the Eagles, the Lions and Packers have lapped both franchises, and the Eagles and Cowboys are no closer to being in the 49ers class. The Eagles wouldn’t have seen that Super Bowl, but for the Purdy injury. While the Cowboys are actually in a poor cap situation instead of hoping the Cowboys can do what they can to improve, Cowboys fans hope is that other teams fail. If you’re satisfied watching the Lions, 49ers, Packers, Rams play in the Super Bowl as long as it’s not the Eagles, no wonder Jerry and his son don’t seem to care. Their fans don’t.
Oh jesus its getting worse not better.

So having a conversation about how the eagles or anyone is able to spend money to lock up key players can't occur because "who cares".. I guess us fans need you to help us determine what conversations we can have or what we can care about. Cowboys are in a "poor" cap situation because we chose to wait before locking up key players. It just get more expensive. Also if the organization wanted to play the way the Eagles do they could. I don't condone that at all.

Finally I saved the worst for last.
Another fan who is living in a delusional reality where they need to pretend the Jones don't care about winning and in order to twist this narrative lets blame the fans because if the fans cared about us winning then the Jones would then care........ You have to see how stupid this sounds right?
You are doing that common thing done here. If anyone believes in any strategy that is different than you believe the other person must not care about winning because you are smarter than the world and we all need to just listen to you.

Sydla

Reaction score
That's right. The deal is you could see that the Eagles had the potential to collapse by mid-season and they did. They could have easily lost more games than they did.
Right.

But then when the dust from the season settled, they rolled up their sleeves and attacked their supposed weaknesses. They replaced both coordinators. They addressed their biggest need - secondary help. They improved running back. Etc.

Contrast that to us. We did the bare minimum this offseason because our owners claimed we were too cap poor to do anything to improve the roster outside of the draft.

You'd be hard pressed to find any unbiased pundit that would sit there and say the Cowboys are still the better team at this point. But that's why we play the games.

Sydla

Reaction score
They are in a self imposed poor cap situation.

Jerry and Stephen are lying to you. Their hands aren't tied.