Iggles continue to add help

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Is it now or last 30 years or now.
Content isn’t the issue. It’s the slob the knob gushing what the eagles are doing and the squat to pee crying!
Fans of this team are doing this because not only are the Iggles making moves and showing a pulse to improve, so are other teams. As almost every other team in the NFL is striving to improve, we still have more holes on this team than one can imagine. If this is the start of a new beginning in Dallas than I will stand up and say great, let's go. Problem is that there is no direction as to if the needle is pointing up or down, so we are left to form opinions based upon the obvious which is we are doing nothing

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Young GMs dont discuss or bend down to older GMs, coaches etc. Here is Sean Payton on the same thing.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
For 15-20 years huh? Never heard this about the Eagles until very recently. They had the luxury of a cheap QB, 1st round WR, 2nd round TE, cheap RB's over the last few years. Now they had to pay everyone. There is a web site that shows future salary cap numbers on the books for the next few years. They have the least coming. You can only play these games so long before the checks become due. Unless you want to believe the Eagles have this super secret way to actually beat the cap. ...... they dont.
Bro, we've been hearing this for a long, loooooong time. The Eagles know how to master the cap. I'm sure we can find old threads on here from years ago predicting the Eagles doom cap wise. It's been around for well over a decade yet Howie never lets it come fruition.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Just by simply using basic reasoning skills fans should have been able to determine this was how the off season was going to go. Little cap with 3 massive contracts on the horizon. The Eagles have mortgaged their future prorating massive amounts of cap into the future is an attempt to buy a SB. If you want a team that runs its organization like a child with instant gratification issues then go root for the eagles. In the meantime go change your depends!
Soooo not true. I 100% guarantee they didn't mortgage any future. I hear this year after year after year yet the cap hell never comes to Philly. This isn't like back in the day where Dallas and DC got into a pickle. Howie is really good at trading, he's average at drafting and has gotten lucky the last two drafts but he is simply the best capologist in the NFL. Let me know when the cap hell comes... because it never does
I don't get the instant gratification point either. How many NFC Championships have they been to since 2000? Like 8 or 9? A handful of SBs since 2000. The Eagles are easily a top 5 franchise this millennium. Countless playoff wins and you think Jerry is doing it the right way?

mcmvp

Reaction score
Just by simply using basic reasoning skills fans should have been able to determine this was how the off season was going to go. Little cap with 3 massive contracts on the horizon. The Eagles have mortgaged their future prorating massive amounts of cap into the future is an attempt to buy a SB. If you want a team that runs its organization like a child with instant gratification issues then go root for the eagles. In the meantime go change your depends!
If you look at the teams that had the top 5 highest dead cap figures last season, you will see that 4 of those 5 teams made the playoffs. Pushing money down the road, in an era that has a rising cap annually, is hardly a death sentence. It’s good business practice.

exciter

Reaction score
Soooo not true. I 100% guarantee they didn't mortgage any future. I hear this year after year after year yet the cap hell never comes to Philly. This isn't like back in the day where Dallas and DC got into a pickle. Howie is really good at trading, he's average at drafting and has gotten lucky the last two drafts but he is simply the best capologist in the NFL. Let me know when the cap hell comes... because it never does
I don't get the instant gratification point either. How many NFC Championships have they been to since 2000? Like 8 or 9? A handful of SBs since 2000. The Eagles are easily a top 5 franchise this millennium. Countless playoff wins and you think Jerry is doing it the right way?
That because they prorated those contracts. Those player whose contracts were prorated are hitting the wall where they can’t continue to play. Cox and Kelce counted about 20m of their cap this season. They will count against their cap for another 2. Slay, Bradberry and Graham will be following suit next year. Lane Johnson most likely the season after. Browns cap hit jumps to over 40 million that season. Anything about him strikes you as someone who’ll take a pay cut!

exciter

Reaction score
If you look at the teams that had the top 5 highest dead cap figures last season, you will see that 4 of those 5 teams made the playoffs. Pushing money down the road, in an era that has a rising cap annually, is hardly a death sentence. It’s good business practice.
There’s a difference between dead cap and unavailable cap from prorated contracts. There was a reason the NFL limited June 1st designated cuts to 2. Tyron counts 6m this season. Lawrence will be biting our *** next and Dak’s is going to kill us when it comes up. Philadelphia did it with every long term contract. Many of those players are hitting a wall where they can’t play all at the same time!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm still wondering how that awesome, well-built roster of the Eagles not only didn't win the division last season, but how they had a total collapse of effort. They couldn't score and couldn't stop anyone from running or passing down the stretch. They needed 1 win to win the division and end the decades of no one winning it twice in a row. They lost to the Cardinals and the Giants in weeks 17-18 when it mattered most, and they were one of the healthiest teams in the NFL. They also lost to the Jets in week 6 when they were 5-0.

F the Eagles! I don't care who they buy in free agency. They looked very soft emotionally and mentally. Now they have lost the biggest leader on the team in Kelce. I'll believe their paper roster means something when they show it.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
wow, what an idiotic reply to a basic conversational discussion. Look deeply into how money has been spent in this organization over the last number of years, then come back to tell me we have done all we can to be successful. While the rest of the world praises the Eagles for how they have managed cap space, they are looking down on us and our foolish fans such as you, and laughing. If they have mortgaged their future, how on earth do they have top 5 space left? You may as well sit behind your gaming computer and wait for the Jones' to figure things out, meanwhile organiazation after organization treats the future as it is now.

exciter

Reaction score
wow, what an idiotic reply to a basic conversational discussion. Look deeply into how money has been spent in this organization over the last number of years, then come back to tell me we have done all we can to be successful. While the rest of the world praises the Eagles for how they have managed cap space, they are looking down on us and our foolish fans such as you, and laughing. If they have mortgaged their future, how on earth do they have top 5 space left? You may as well sit behind your gaming computer and wait for the Jones' to figure things out, meanwhile organiazation after organization treats the future as it is now.
Lol,
Idiotic is a word one shouldn’t use when they’re advocating for an approach with the mentally of a child!

Jipper

Reaction score
I dont care about what the eagles are doing, they will find a way to blow it anyway

exciter

Reaction score
or in your case a pea-sized brain...move along bud and keep hoping
And you and your 2 brain cells competing for 3rd place can go root for the eagles if you’re intent on having a team run like a child is in charge!

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
Don’t they do this every year.. I don’t think it has even mattered, you would think Dallas would be 0-16 against them with the way they churn their roster.. always adding. Mehhh..

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
And you and your 2 brain cells competing for 3rd place can go root for the eagles if you’re intent on having a team run like a child is in charge!
LOL I am pretty sure I have been a Cowboys fan longer than you have my friend, and there is no team in the NFL I despise more than them and their moronic HC. The simple fact you are unable to grasp is if ownership showed a remote interest and ability to figure out their cap situation, and not create the huge amount of uncertainty they are in now then us fans would have little to complain about. I can no longer tolerate the likes of fans like you, so don't waste your time replying and expecting me to continue this useless banter

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Becton has been hurt most of his career and beyond bad when he's played.

Calling him "help" for the Eagles is a joke. He's worse than Chuma Edoga.

You all have to stop telling yourselves everything Philly touches is gold.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Becton has been hurt most of his career and beyond bad when he's played.

Calling him "help" for the Eagles is a joke. He's worse than Chuma Edoga.

You all have to stop telling yourselves everything Philly touches is gold.
They didn’t draft a tackle so they bring in this guy. Great college player, has done nothing in the NFL. Probably never will.

exciter

Reaction score
LOL I am pretty sure I have been a Cowboys fan longer than you have my friend, and there is no team in the NFL I despise more than them and their moronic HC. The simple fact you are unable to grasp is if ownership showed a remote interest and ability to figure out their cap situation, and not create the huge amount of uncertainty they are in now then us fans would have little to complain about. I can no longer tolerate the likes of fans like you, so don't waste your time replying and expecting me to continue this useless banter
Eh, you’ve been a fan all this time and still lack the mental capacity to comprehend there is a cap!
Awesome!

Sydla

Reaction score
Roseman knows how to work the cap far better than our brain child and his son.

What Roseman is doing isn't magic and he doesn't make cap hits just magically disappear. He just knows how to work the cap like no other.

There is zero doubt that if he were our GM right now, our offseason would have been entirely different (and likely better).