Video: Iggles meltdown

CWR

Reaction score
Gnats are not playing there starters and if so probably not a full quarter since they won today.

Has Dabol actually said that, or are you making an assumption? Some coaches and teams keep playing regardless. It's not like they are a high seed with all the kinks ironed out. They can use all the momentum they can get. While I expect them to rest, I wouldn't go speaking it as fact until it's reported.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
I think the best way to put this is that it's quite likely the Eagles were hoping to end this today so they could hold Hurts out another week. Now they are forced to make a decision with him.

Agreed.

Sydla

Reaction score
Right…I’m sure that was their plan. And I wanted to put it to bed today as well. The saving grace in this situation is that Hurts now plays next week. The one thing I was worried about was him having 4-5 weeks off before playing an elimination game

This is called rationalizing however. If the Eagles had won, I suspect you'd be telling us how great it was that you locked up the #1 seed and that Hurts now gets even more time to get really healthy.

The reality is Hurts likely isn't 100% and they are now forced to try and play him when they'd prefer to give him time off for more rest for his shoulder.

mcmvp

Reaction score
This is called rationalizing however. If the Eagles had won, I suspect you'd be telling us how great it was that you locked up the #1 seed and that Hurts now gets even more time to get really healthy.

The reality is Hurts likely isn't 100% and they are now forced to try and play him when they'd prefer to give him time off for more rest for his shoulder.

I read your earlier post in another thread about rationalizing and agreed, but this is not the same. My post clearly states what my first choice was…I wanted them to win today.

There is a significant difference between rationalizing a situation and trying to look at the situation’s bright side.

I was worried about too much rest, but I still would’ve rather they had won today

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Even the Eagles getting in by playing the Giants back ups, might not even prepare them properly to be ready for whichever hot NFC wild card team they are going to play in the divisional round and won't prepare them against the likes of the Niners or Packers if they make it to the NFC Championship game.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

And the Eagles who are suppose to be so great, are now in a position where their fans and media are praying the Giants are going to play their back ups.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
Lol a 6-9 team held them to a third of the points we did what does that say about our defense? Yikes. Also Andy Dalton their defense made Andy Dalton look like a pro bowler lol.

lukin2006

Reaction score
The Giants will play hard and play to win…I don’t think their coach would have it any other way…he’s a pretty intense fellow…

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think the best way to put this is that it's quite likely the Eagles were hoping to end this today so they could hold Hurts out another week. Now they are forced to make a decision with him.

Exactly why I would have considered playing him today........at least a half.

GMO415

Reaction score
They’re clearly a better team with Jalen Hurts. His backup is 0-2 this season.
That means Hurts should be MVP, but a championship should play like it and clearly the iggles are not the best team in the NFL.

JayFord

Reaction score
heres my worst nightmare

We beat Major Tuddy and the Eagles and Giants play later and the giants are down 20-19 get to the eagles 30 with 45 seconds left and just kneel it out

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That means Hurts should be MVP, but a championship should play like it and clearly the iggles are not the best team in the NFL.

It’s not clear who the best team in the NFL is right now. However, Philly only lost one game with Jalen Hurts.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Can I bet you all the money in the world that your peaked-too-early team isn't getting to the Super Bowl?

But it doesn’t mean we will and I think that’s his point. 27 years tells us he’s right.

GMO415

Reaction score
Lol a 6-9 team held them to a third of the points we did what does that say about our defense? Yikes. Also Andy Dalton their defense made Andy Dalton look like a pro bowler lol.
It says that the iggles got up for us, just like we did for them.

Sydla

Reaction score
Exactly why I would have considered playing him today........at least a half.

Honestly, I don't believe he was even ready to play today. If you listen to some in the media up here, they said he could have played but others are suggesting that he's clearly not ready. If he was so healthy, there's no reason to not play him.

He's still having issues and I think they were trying to buy as much time as they can for him to get healthy.