Iloka leaves without a deal

Carson

Reaction score
Another tour around the stadium that ends with a dinner and the player telling Jerry and Stephen to peace out.

Which is odd. He played for under 800,000 last year. So he’s in their budget range lol

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Which is odd. He played for under 800,000 last year. So he’s in their budget range lol

That's what he signed for in Minnesota after the Bengals cut him. While I can't be sure, he was probably still owed some money from the Bengals so we was more willing to take a vet minimum deal from the Vikes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This could be the Cowboys' dilemma- sign Berry and get a potential all-pro or a guy that might be on IR by week two. Or, sign a healthier player like Iloka that has nowhere near the abilities of Berry.

In my fantasy world the Cowboys sign both and trade Jeff Heath for a seventh round pick and some nachos.
They'd better share those nachos with the fans!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dam, this team is so cheap it’s down right embarrassing. Low balling everybody, even our own.

What team offers every free agent one year prove it deals? That is why everybody leaves, they go shop it and see if anybody can do better.

Once they realize nobody else in the league wants them, they then sign little Stevie’s one year cheapo deal.

king987

Reaction score
This is normal. Randall Cobb left without a deal and signed a day later. Iloka also left the Raiders without a deal earlier this week. Now he'll think things over.

In the years before social media (and even the internet) visits like this often went unreported. Then we turned on ESPN (it was the only option) and were surprised to see where so-and-so signed.

Exactly, good point. This whole idea of a team not letting a free agent "get out the door" is actually less than the norm than some might think. Maybe for the bigger named players it's the case, but certainly not ever player. It's all about negotiations and players wanting to find the best deal. Frankly, I'd rather see this than Cowboys just dishing out bags of money to any player who has ever worn a helmet. That's how they ended up in cap hell for over a decade.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Our FO is killing it.......he probably wanted something crazy like....a salary or something............the days of this team being able to get players just because they're the Dallas Cowboys are long past...........the players of today weren't even born yet the last time we've had any kind of real success in Dallas.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Unless his agent attends as well, what good is talking about a deal. I would say it’s just the player and they see the facilities, get acquainted, talk scheme fit stuff with coaches, have dinner where someone sells him on the team and then they leave. If the team is interested, they contact the agent and begin negotiations.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
It's pretty much in tune with what's been happening lately -- that 's for sure. Evidently, we're simply not prepared to offer what's attractive to those who might actually prove helpful as potential starters for any productive length of time.
According to Clearance Hill Jr on Twitter, Free Agent Safety George Iloka has concluded his visit and left without a deal.
Thought I read that Cobbs deal with GB that ended was for $10 mil/yr.

At $5 mil a yr for us..

we have set a president we will only do really discounted deals.

I do not expect anything more until after the draft on FAs.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
This could be the Cowboys' dilemma- sign Berry and get a potential all-pro or a guy that might be on IR by week two. Or, sign a healthier player like Iloka that has nowhere near the abilities of Berry.

In my fantasy world the Cowboys sign both and trade Jeff Heath for a seventh round pick and some nachos.
I would be will to give someone a 7th if they would take Heath. :lmao:

Carson

Reaction score
word is Dallas hasnt offered a deal for any of the safeties that have been to Dallas. I think theyre looking ahead incase they dont get what they want in the draft

Sweet. Can’t wait to log in tomorrow to see who’s gets a free meal this weekend

Being sarcastic here

Last edited: