I'm a homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How have we earned that right?

The constant references to the 27 years of futility becomes whining.

If I were an outsider coming in here, I would ask "after 23 years, didn't you see a trend"?

It is also not correct because we have had some good teams and seasons during those 27 years, homefield several times.

There is no relief when the entitled are unfulfilled.
We aren’t entitled to jacksquat.

Amazing some fans think because we once were a championship caliber franchise that we’d always be one .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is it really whining when much of it is true? Just my 2 cents. I think we all are die hards who come here to vent. I think we have earned that right.
We have. Some are just tired of hearing it. They don’t see it as anything constructive in discussing football.

They have a point of course. Everyone has a right to express themselves however they choose.

But continuous complaining does become annoying or simply boring . It’s like old news.

Rayman70

Reaction score
No doubt you are entitled to feel however you choose . I hear ya , we are all frustrated but this isn’t the same franchise many of us grew up with in Staubach’s era.

While we should keep the pressure on this dysfunctional ownership for more success , I’m not sure it’s making much of an impact.

It’s like with anyone or any situation where their actions stray from how we see it should be done at some point we need to lower expectations or simply walk away. Like a problem child or family member with a chronic habit that steers them away from more success or doing the right thing.

But if you come up with a plan to run Jethro out of town I’ll be right there with you. Until then I’m just apathetically following along expecting the worse hoping for the best complaining all the way to the bank. Lol
Maybe Jethro and Junya will get sued by 20 baby mama's soon. Maybe secret recordings exist as well. One can dream.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We aren’t entitled to jacksquat.

Amazing some fans think because we once were a championship caliber franchise that we’d always be one .
no I don't think that. It has to be earned and cultivated. But at what point do we aim high? Never?

kskboys

Reaction score
Great question.

While it’s the ultimate goal , I’d argue it’s not a SB or Bust mentality every year. It goes back to adjusting those expectations based on recent history and trends.

We have too many fans still basing their expectations on the events of history which occurred 30-50 years ago. I’m not sure that’s a realistic outlook or perspective.
And that's a huge problem. W/ Jerry, it is. And due to lack of football knowledge and an overriding ability to stay relevant along w/ a very poor ability to evaluate both the team and individual players, we remain stuck in the purgatory of mediocrity.

CCBoy

Reaction score
And that's a huge problem. W/ Jerry, it is. And due to lack of football knowledge and an overriding ability to stay relevant along w/ a very poor ability to evaluate both the team and individual players, we remain stuck in the purgatory of mediocrity.
Keep it up with a water divining rod,,,lol...lol.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Keep it up with a water divining rod,,,lol...lol.
At some point, a fan has to see that last season the Cowboys made moves and became competitive in the NFL. This off season Jerry and the organization continued to build upon an already competitive team.

That needs to be acknowledged by 'Cowboys' fans.

This is football and there will always be a Romo fumbling a chip shot field goal and kept out of moving on through the play offs...or going against Green Bsy, the Cowboys' wide receiver had his touchdown reception taken from what would have been a victory and setting up a NFC Championship level contest.

No, Jerry is no longer able to put together another Herchel Walker deal for the benefit of a Jimmy Johnson.

Yes, Jerry has been responsible. This team is solidly competitive...under Jerry Jones. It is currently competitive and that had to be worked upon. It is also obvioues that it has improved on that status here and now. Under Jerry Jones this has occured.

kskboys

Reaction score
At some point, a fan has to see that last season the Cowboys made moves and became competitive in the NFL. This off season Jerry and the organization continued to build upon an already competitive team.

This is football and there will always be a Romo fumbling a chip shot field goal and kept out of moving on through the play offs...or going against Green Bsy, the Cowboys' wide receiver had his touchdown reception taken from what would have been a victory and setting up a NFC Championship level contest.

No, Jerry is no longer able to put together another Herchel Walker deal for the benefit of a Jimmy Johnson.

Yes, Jerry has been responsible. This team is solidly competitive...under Jerry Jones. It is currently competitive and that had to be worked upon. It is also obvioues that it has improved on that status here and now. Under Jerry Jones this has occured.
Absolutely. Cowboys have been making much smarter moves since MM took over. Hope it keeps up and Jerry doesn't get in the way again and waylay our path to contention.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Absolutely. Cowboys have been making much smarter moves since MM took over. Hope it keeps up and Jerry doesn't get in the way again and waylay our path to contention.
Agree with this. I'm hoping this goes the path of "Romo friendly" from 2014 and we have a controlled O and tough D that can get us there finally.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Agree with this. I'm hoping this goes the path of "Romo friendly" from 2014 and we have a controlled O and tough D that can get us there finally.
No matter who is taken in the first round...can the Cowboys start this season without at least drafting a strong running back to protect the position if there is an injury and the dominant running back is then removed?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
No matter who is taken in the first round...can the Cowboys start this season without at least drafting a strong running back to protect the position if there is an injury and the dominant running back is then removed?
I definitely think a RB needs to be added in both the draft and FA. I’d go maybe 3rd or 4th in draft depending on how it falls. Can see what vets are around cuts snd camps. I’m definitely not relying on Pollard feeling 100%

Nav22

Reaction score
I definitely think a RB needs to be added in both the draft and FA. I’d go maybe 3rd or 4th in draft depending on how it falls. Can see what vets are around cuts snd camps. I’m definitely not relying on Pollard feeling 100%
"Can see what vets are around cuts snd camps."

Well said.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

kskboys

Reaction score
No. RB is a big need, and he is not on the roster.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

No doubt Jethro and Son have built a competitive and relative team. But until we overcome the longest drought in NFL history of 12 consecutive playoffs without a championship game appearance then the criticism will continue .

It doesn’t mean everything this dysfunctional ownership is doing is wrong . And I’ve always maintained it’s amazing the level of success given the obstacles they present .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep

Jethro does deserve credit for bringing in McCarthy and trying to steer in a better direction .

And it’s amazing under his dysfunctional ways and toxic atmosphere we are able to stay a relevant competitor . I’m thankful for that .

But until we finally break thru to a championship game the criticism will rightfully continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.