I'm actually proud of Prescott

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This needs to be said.

On the first drive of this game we failed to get points because of the QB. It was solely on him. Nobody covered Zeke out of the backfield on 2nd down and he was missed and that throw to Cobb on 3rd down was terrible. I posted "Bum QB" right after. I also started shadowboxing. (I do some shadow MMA too.)

But from that point on I feel like this was Dak Prescott's finest performance as a Dallas Cowboy. He had no help in this game against a really good defense and he damn near won it.

The offensive line was pitiful. Zeke was a complete non factor. The defense was a joke. Our kicker couldn't be relied on. We were down two touchdowns. In primetime against a very real contender. No bus driver stuff here. He was the bus.

That Giants game to start this year may have been more gaudy but with the level of competition and considering his lack of a supporting cast this was clearly better. He put the team on his shoulders.

I have to be fair in my evaluations and I thought this was outstanding. I actually feel sorry for him that he lost this game.

So well done, Rayne. You showed up when so many of your teammates didn't.

(If this thread is ever referenced in the future I will deny posting it.)

✌️

Welcome!!!

Staubacher

Reaction score
This needs to be said.

On the first drive of this game we failed to get points because of the QB. It was solely on him. Nobody covered Zeke out of the backfield on 2nd down and he was missed and that throw to Cobb on 3rd down was terrible. I posted "Bum QB" right after. I also started shadowboxing. (I do some shadow MMA too.)

But from that point on I feel like this was Dak Prescott's finest performance as a Dallas Cowboy. He had no help in this game against a really good defense and he damn near won it.

The offensive line was pitiful. Zeke was a complete non factor. The defense was a joke. Our kicker couldn't be relied on. We were down two touchdowns. In primetime against a very real contender. No bus driver stuff here. He was the bus.

That Giants game to start this year may have been more gaudy but with the level of competition and considering his lack of a supporting cast this was clearly better. He put the team on his shoulders.

I have to be fair in my evaluations and I thought this was outstanding. I actually feel sorry for him that he lost this game.

All true but at the end he chose to hand off to Zeke when he had an option then he chose a dump off pass to Zeke to end the game. On the prior drive he stalled inside the 10 and settled for a FG. Two drives inside the 10, just 3 points.
We all know Romo would have been crucified for not getting it done at the end despite playing great all game and all the other team deficiencies.
That said Dak would have won the game if they didn't hand off to Zeke

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Good post @Risen Star. But I must say, Dak is quietly having his best year ever, by far. He has clearly elevated his game to the point that he is carrying the team this year.

But I also agree he seemed to have little help from anyone other than his receivers last night.
Problem is we are a team built on our running game carrying us. If Dak is now expected to carry us we have over invested in our RB and dominating OL to run the ball.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Great. We’re fixing to pay him and the kid can’t read defenses at LOS? That’s not a problem . Lol
There's a difference between reading defenses for a pre determined audible and calling your own plays. Not many QBs are calling their own plays at the LOS. 3rd down on that last drive should not have been an RPO, imo. Why give the D that extra instant to crash the LOS?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
This needs to be said.

fred-sanford-im-coming-o.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we are going to be a pass oriented offense carrying our team we may have over invested in our running game .

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Problem is we are a team built on our running game carrying us. If Dak is now expected to carry us we have over invested in our RB and dominating OL to run the ball.
Not sure if you're even serious. So you agreed with the end of that game? Who cares what you're "built for" if something else is working?

And that great OL does the pass blocking, too, you know.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not sure if you're even serious. So you agreed with the end of that game? Who cares what you're"built for" if something else is working?

And that great OL does the pass blocking, too, you know.
Yes but our OL has been rated an average pass blocking line while an Elite rushing OL.

As far as that sequence we were attempting to run some clock off so as not to give Vikings as much time left since we hadn’t been able to stop them.

We still had 3rd and 4th down to convert. I think it’s all overblown simply cause it didn’t work. Monday morning second guessing.

glimmerman

Reaction score
What a terrible, gut wrenching way to lose a game where Dak really was the best player in the stadium. Unfortunately, he's gonna have to start calling his own number and blowing off the coaches if he wants to win anything.
Those options he could have kept it but gave it to Elliot.... He needed to keep at least 2 of them. They had Elliot covered but Dak could have taken off with it. Kept the defense a little confused.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know they had to keep running Zeke occasionally. but at the end running him on both 1st and 2nd down when he had bee getting stuffed play after play after play made no sense. Dak had carried the team to that point, both in that drive and through the game, so they should have put the ball in his hands to carry it home.
They were attempting to run some clock. It’s not like we had been stopping them. Dak still had 3rd and 4th down to convert.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Imagine if those two early passes that were dropped were not dropped and ended up pick sixes like they should have been.

just like last december this guy has some sort of luck where defenders drop passes he throws right to them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes.

Somebody in this wishy-washy organization has gotta say “Fugg it!” and lay their ballz on the table.

Dak wants the big bucks? Then he should take the hard chair.
Once we pay him he’s going to be expected to carry this team as we lose talent to Cap. Hopefully he’s enough .

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This needs to be said.

Excellent post. Thanks.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Yes but our OL has been rated an average pass blocking line while an Elite rushing OL.

As far as that sequence we were attempting to run some clock off so as not to give Vikings as much time left since we hadn’t been able to stop them.

We still had 3rd and 4th down to convert. I think it’s all overblown simply cause it didn’t work. Monday morning second guessing.

You get rid of Connor Williams and you upgrade the line significantly.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
They were attempting to run some clock. It’s not like we had been stopping them. Dak still had 3rd and 4th down to convert.
Lol, run clock? Call me crazy, but maybe getting the first down and scoring a td was more important. You can't really believe they'd waste two downs because oh well, we still have two downs left.

Then again, it's Garrett. He may have thought we had the lead at that point.

Swanny

Reaction score
This needs to be said.

I have been on the fence about Dak. This year he Has without a doubt proven he is worth every penny.