I'm actually proud of Prescott

Chuck 54

Reaction score
This needs to be said.

On the first drive of this game we failed to get points because of the QB. It was solely on him. Nobody covered Zeke out of the backfield on 2nd down and he was missed and that throw to Cobb on 3rd down was terrible. I posted "Bum QB" right after. I also started shadowboxing. (I do some shadow MMA too.)

But from that point on I feel like this was Dak Prescott's finest performance as a Dallas Cowboy. He had no help in this game against a really good defense and he damn near won it.

The offensive line was pitiful. Zeke was a complete non factor. The defense was a joke. Our kicker couldn't be relied on. We were down two touchdowns. In primetime against a very real contender. No bus driver stuff here. He was the bus.

That Giants game to start this year may have been more gaudy but with the level of competition and considering his lack of a supporting cast this was clearly better. He put the team on his shoulders.

I have to be fair in my evaluations and I thought this was outstanding. I actually feel sorry for him that he lost this game.

So well done, Rayne. You showed up when so many of your teammates didn't.

(If this thread is ever referenced in the future I will deny posting it.)

You, sir, are a genius, but I’m just seeing it. When begging for “likes” didn’t work, you devised a simply brilliant plan, and we were all sucked in. You bashed, hated, and gradually poured on sarcasm. Then you softened us with some clearly tongue-in-cheek Dak bashing. Now, you finally lift him up after a loss for his performance, and voila....60 likes?! Well, done, sir....well done! :D:D:muttley:
You are truly the king of “likes.” ;)

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
This needs to be said.

On the first drive of this game we failed to get points because of the QB. It was solely on him. Nobody covered Zeke out of the backfield on 2nd down and he was missed and that throw to Cobb on 3rd down was terrible. I posted "Bum QB" right after. I also started shadowboxing. (I do some shadow MMA too.)

But from that point on I feel like this was Dak Prescott's finest performance as a Dallas Cowboy. He had no help in this game against a really good defense and he damn near won it.

The offensive line was pitiful. Zeke was a complete non factor. The defense was a joke. Our kicker couldn't be relied on. We were down two touchdowns. In primetime against a very real contender. No bus driver stuff here. He was the bus.

That Giants game to start this year may have been more gaudy but with the level of competition and considering his lack of a supporting cast this was clearly better. He put the team on his shoulders.

I have to be fair in my evaluations and I thought this was outstanding. I actually feel sorry for him that he lost this game.

Given the >60 likes, you may be putting this as your pinnacle thread

Jokes aside, I felt the same way. He was masterful last night and this would have been a signature moment a la Rodgers, manning, Brady. It was a shame

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lol, run clock? Call me crazy, but maybe getting the first down and scoring a td was more important. You can't really believe they'd waste two downs because oh well, we still have two downs left.

Then again, it's Garrett. He may have thought we had the lead at that point.
Why else would we have wanted to run there? But to run time off the clock.

And why wouldn’t we have had confidence we could still convert on 3rd or 4th down?

MikeB80

Reaction score
Lol, run clock? Call me crazy, but maybe getting the first down and scoring a td was more important. You can't really believe they'd waste two downs because oh well, we still have two downs left.

Then again, it's Garrett. He may have thought we had the lead at that point.

Dak said it right out in the post game interview. They didn't want to give the ball back to the vikings with to much time left.

Imagine an nfl qb saying that out loud to the press. Its unbelievable that he would actually say that and B that he would actually believe that.

A team at home worried about scoring to fast when there was only a minute left at that point.

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
We need to keep Rayne. I'm really proud of dude, he's a true leader and he is a top 10 QB no doubt. Him and Amari need to stay, Amari is the 2nd best WR in the league right now, and thats because i've been a Julio Jones fan.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Given the >60 likes, you may be putting this as your pinnacle thread

Jokes aside, I felt the same way. He was masterful last night and this would have been a signature moment a la Rodgers, manning, Brady. It was a shame
But in the end it’s just another loss. Not one we can blame on Dak as he appeared to do everything he’s capable of besides the slow start but unfortunately an example he’s not enough to carry us to the finish line.

I guess we can all be excited about Dak but it’s still a loss. I guess it’s going to be another era where we are excited about our QB while our team struggles on. In the end they aren’t enough to overcome.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Dak did indeed have a great game. It's a shame he has to have an int added to his stats from that hail mary attempt.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak said it right out in the post game interview. They didn't want to give the ball back to the vikings with to much time left.

Imagine an nfl qb saying that out loud to the press. Its unbelievable that he would actually say that and B that he would actually believe that.

A team at home worried about scoring to fast when there was only a minute left at that point.
I totally believe it. Nothing else makes sense.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Dak did indeed have a great game. It's a shame he has to have an int added to his stats from that hail mary attempt.

he was lucky not to have three earlier in the game. He threw two right to defenders and they dropped them and then another one later that was a tougher play but still dropped by the DB. The guy has some sort of weird luck where defenders drop his passes all the time.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
This needs to be said.

:omg::omg::omg: :bow::bow::bow:

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Dak deserves a better supporting cast. He and Cooper are the only ones who deserve an A for the way they have played this season.

Zeke and our defense have been beyond disappointing, especially our young linebackers.

It’s a shame that the two best players on the team have yet to be signed.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were attempting to run some clock. It’s not like we had been stopping them. Dak still had 3rd and 4th down to convert.
They had already run the clock quite a bit, and I didn't mind that they ran the ball on 1st down to run the clock a little more. But the drive had to be finished off. I doesn't matter how much clock they used if they don't get the TD.

At the very least they shouldn't have tried to run wide and give the defense a chance to penetrate and get the tackle for a loss. They were keying on every move Zeke made. We needed 2 yards for the first down, so why get cute? Run a hard dive behind Frederick and Martin.

I know I may sound like one of the posters that whines every game about play calling, but that is not my pattern. I thought overall the play calling was fine in the game. They may just have outsmarted themselves in that drive.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
You, sir, are a genius, but I’m just seeing it. When begging for “likes” didn’t work, you devised a simply brilliant plan, and we were all sucked in. You bashed, hated, and gradually poured on sarcasm. Then you softened us with some clearly tongue-in-cheek Dak bashing. Now, you finally lift him up after a loss for his performance, and voila....60 likes?! Well, done, sir....well done! :D:D:muttley:
You are truly the king of “likes.” ;)
I just noticed that he got 73 likes for that post. lmaooooooooo clout chasing on anonymous message boards. hate to see it

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They had already run the clock quite a bit, and I didn't mind that they ran the ball on 1st down to run the clock a little more. But the drive had to be finished off. I doesn't matter how much clock they used if they don't get the TD.

At the very least they shouldn't have tried to run wide and give the defense a chance to penetrate and get the tackle for a loss. They were keying on every move Zeke made. We needed 2 yards for the first down, so why get cute? Run a hard dive behind Frederick and Martin.

I know I may sound like one of the posters that whines every game about play calling, but that is not my pattern. I thought overall the play calling was fine in the game. They may just have outsmarted themselves in that drive.
I hear ya but it all sounds more like typical second guessing Monday Morning QB because it didn’t work.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear ya but it all sounds more like typical second guessing Monday Morning QB because it didn’t work.

I understand you saying that - I've said that to many posters myself. But I immediately made that comment when I saw them handing the ball off. It was abundantly clear at that point that the running game couldn't be counted on.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I understand you saying that - I've said that to many posters myself. But I immediately made that comment when I saw them handing the ball off. It was abundantly clear at that point that the running game couldn't be counted on.
Right. And I’m not sure they didn’t expect that when they called those plays but as Dak stated after the game intention was to run time off the clock.

I imagine with the success they’d been having in passing game they felt they could convert on 3rd or 4th down.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This needs to be said.

I know you love to be humorous and sarcastic, but I legit respect this post. You show reason and aren’t like some guys who will say “Dak sucks” until they’re dead, just to cling to the reputation they’ve created on here. Good post, bud

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He has definitely grown as a passer. More than i thought he had in him. So, yes he deserves a lot of credit for keeping the team in the game. That being said, its still those mistakes that kill drives which is the difference in outcomes. He also put the ball in defenders hands at least 3 times so he was very lucky to not turn the ball over on those or it wouldn't have been a contest.