I'm actually proud of Prescott

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand you saying that - I've said that to many posters myself. But I immediately made that comment when I saw them handing the ball off. It was abundantly clear at that point that the running game couldn't be counted on.
Of course, that's why I feel like even if they wanted to run they should have just tried to pound out the 2 yards for a 1st down rather than run wide and give the Vikings defense a chance to make a play in the backfield. If they were going to trust the running game, trust it to do that.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Good for you for giving a fair honest assessment in that scenario, Risen. I respect that and I agree with your post. Also goes without saying that that was probably Cobb's best game as a Cowboy. He made some tough catches

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good for you for giving a fair honest assessment in that scenario, Risen. I respect that and I agree with your post. Also goes without saying that that was probably Cobb's best game as a Cowboy. He made some tough catches
Yep, no complaint about the receivers. They did a great job, and made some tough catches in traffic.

ShortRound

Reaction score
This needs to be said.

On the first drive of this game we failed to get points because of the QB. It was solely on him. Nobody covered Zeke out of the backfield on 2nd down and he was missed and that throw to Cobb on 3rd down was terrible. I posted "Bum QB" right after. I also started shadowboxing. (I do some shadow MMA too.)

But from that point on I feel like this was Dak Prescott's finest performance as a Dallas Cowboy. He had no help in this game against a really good defense and he damn near won it.

The offensive line was pitiful. Zeke was a complete non factor. The defense was a joke. Our kicker couldn't be relied on. We were down two touchdowns. In primetime against a very real contender. No bus driver stuff here. He was the bus.

That Giants game to start this year may have been more gaudy but with the level of competition and considering his lack of a supporting cast this was clearly better. He put the team on his shoulders.

I have to be fair in my evaluations and I thought this was outstanding. I actually feel sorry for him that he lost this game.

So well done, Rayne. You showed up when so many of your teammates didn't.

(If this thread is ever referenced in the future I will deny posting it.)

I know your history on Dak so you're a big man for posting this. Kudos.

Dak played great last night.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the cowboys are what they are a average team with average coaching and average players they do what teams that are not really good enough do and they beat bad teams the defense sucks the coaches on that side of the ball are bad and the offense makes mistakes that average teams make when its crunch time

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The offensive line was pitiful. Zeke was a complete non factor. The defense was a joke. Our kicker couldn't be relied on. We were down two touchdowns. In primetime against a very real contender. No bus driver stuff here. He was the bus.

Pass blocking was very good, which we absolutely had to have because we were stubborn in our approach to running the ball.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Dak played great last night, should have let himself run it at the end. The big problem is we've turned into a passing team and we're afraid to say that's our new identity. We have an identity complex..we don't know who we are.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, but I don't think that's his fault. Not that he couldn't have done something different - every player could have. But the defense and the running game were the killers.

Correct but what do you think happens when he gets paid? That's right we will lose more talent than we gain. You pay the guy who wins these type of games when nothing else is going right. he's good, but not good enough to carry a team.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
This needs to be said.

On the first drive of this game we failed to get points because of the QB. It was solely on him. Nobody covered Zeke out of the backfield on 2nd down and he was missed and that throw to Cobb on 3rd down was terrible. I posted "Bum QB" right after. I also started shadowboxing. (I do some shadow MMA too.)

But from that point on I feel like this was Dak Prescott's finest performance as a Dallas Cowboy. He had no help in this game against a really good defense and he damn near won it.

That Giants game to start this year may have been more gaudy but with the level of competition and considering his lack of a supporting cast this was clearly better. He put the team on his shoulders.

I have to be fair in my evaluations and I thought this was outstanding. I actually feel sorry for him that he lost this game.

He’s improving weekly at its quite obvious..

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
This needs to be said.

AgitatedEmbarrassedHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
This needs to be said.

Nice post!! Honestly if we didn’t have Dak or Coop we would be trash. Not sure what happens going forward but right now they have done all they can.

Cmac

Reaction score
Next up.....moral victories, the same speeches reserved for the Pee Wee League.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm sure this has been said already, but I felt like the game last night was all too familiar with some of the games Romo played..in that...they both played their butts off, but we lost the game anyways!! Dak was great last night, and I felt really bad for him. So will Dak be Romo 2.0 with this coaching staff? I sure hope he's not wasted in the same manner...please!!

Number1

Reaction score
This needs to be said.

Star you're a piece of work ... and like all of us Cowboy fans suffering from SB deprivation ... but you're a straight shooter