I'm goin to the Cowboys/Eagles game this weekend

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hoov;1069762 said:
the city is getting cleaned up. local politicians have had a lot to do with the lack of initiative for this until recently.

the people here really dont want a different rep, frankly they dont care so much what others think. Thats one thing i LOVE about philly, very liberal.

Cmon, how many philly fans really take matters into their own hands.

Gee Hoov, funny how you forgot to mention how every giants, eagles, skins fan calls cowboys fans rednecks, hillbillies etc.....

So um how is that different from what you are saying, cause I see no difference and I believe people get on eagles fans for where they live because of the way EAGLES fans constantly call cowboys fans rednecks and farmers who have sex with goats and other nonsense....

Maybe its just me...?

Hoov

Reaction score
theebs;1070492 said:
Gee Hoov, funny how you forgot to mention how every giants, eagles, skins fan calls cowboys fans rednecks, hillbillies etc.....

So um how is that different from what you are saying, cause I see no difference and I believe people get on eagles fans for where they live because of the way EAGLES fans constantly call cowboys fans rednecks and farmers who have sex with goats and other nonsense....

Maybe its just me...?

LOL, farmers having sex with goats. I have never heard that, i have never heard any fans of any of the teams you mentioned call cowboys fans rednecks or hillbillies either and i live in philly, so if that was common im sure i would have heard it by now after all these years. (unless you are talking about trash that gets said over wip radio by talkshow hosts who are desperate to get ratings for their show) But in all my years of living here i have never heard those types of commenets form fans in sports bars. maybe you hear it when those fans visit dallas for games, ive never been to a game in dallas so i dont know.

The big complaint around here is that most cowboys fans are obnoxious and constantly crowing about past SB victories and that cowboys fans are the snobs of the NFL. I do hear stuff like that a lot.

I watch games with eagles fans at philly sports bars all the time, we get on each other quite a bit, but by the end of the game we are buying each other rounds of beer because i respect the game of football and can talk about it without throwing insults at them.

But somehow the point of my original post has been lost. I was arguing the perception that the city of philadelphia is a dump or the armpit of the world as some like to say and pointing out that a few obnoxious drunken fans at the vet or the link do not represent the citizens of philadelphia by any means.

Fans of one team talk trash to fans of another team, of course that happens, I have no problem with that if that gets you off, i can dish it out and i can take it too. Its just that most of it is very juvenile so i dont really get that worked up enough to get involved so much.

Hoov

Reaction score
iceberg;1070339 said:
NO! this can't be!!! it's just a misunderstanding or they must have been egging the poor eagles fans on!!! :)

a play on words :) .

well i wont argue with the point that the crowd is more hostile at some stadiums than at others, and the link has got to be somewhere near the top of the list.

A friend of mine went to a GB game, hes a steelers fan, and he said the GB fans were wishing him and his friends good luck with the game. you will never get that in philly, and i doubt cowboys fans in dallas would be walking up to strangers in steelers jerseys and saying good luck, may the best team win, lets all enjoy a good game. so there are obviously different interactions and environments at different stadiums across the country.

I didnt hear about the giants fan incident. And you cant tell me that incidents dont occur at other stadiums due to drunken fans. I think there is a reputation that eagles fans are animals so drunken fans getting into a brawl in philly will get more media attention than the same thing happening in seattle.

Still, there have been enough incidents in the past at eagles- cowboys games that have really gotten out of hand and im not denying that. Now who knows, this sunday could be the worst day ever, or it coule be a bunch or silly chest thumping stuff that is harmless. To tell the truth, i havent heard as much trash talk on the radio this week as usual, maybe the philly fans realize the cowboys are a good team and they are worried about the outcome.

greenblooded36

Reaction score
5Stars;1067920 said:
hahahahahaha

Is somebody a LOSER?

I think so.
Um, just how many Super Bowls have you, yourself, won pal? That's right, none. You really know nothing about any single person who attends a Philadelphia Eagles game or their life accomplishments. You insist, however in calling us losers because our team hasn't won a Super Bowl trophy? What kind of fantasy world do you live in?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Howboutdemcowboys31;1065880 said:
anyone else going? I would wear all my dallas gear but i turn 18 this Wensday so thats not sucha good idea haha. Never been to the Link looking forward to it this will be my 5th Cowboys Eagles game and we are 4-0 thus far when i go :D

You got a bullet proof vest? The way the media is talking you might need one.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
greenblooded36;1070641 said:
Um, just how many Super Bowls have you, yourself, won pal? That's right, none. You really know nothing about any single person who attends a Philadelphia Eagles game or their life accomplishments. You insist, however in calling us losers because our team hasn't won a Super Bowl trophy? What kind of fantasy world do you live in?

First off, I'm not your pal, BOY!

Secondly, did I ever state that "I" won those superbowls? The team I root for won them, so, wrong again, BOY!

And third! Show me what your suck *** team has done, BOY! Nothing at all...get it? Absoutely nothing!

That's why I call your team "losers" and the fans that root for them are no better...they are losers also, get it? BOY!

greenblooded36

Reaction score
5Stars;1070656 said:
First off, I'm not your pal, BOY!

Secondly, did I ever state that "I" won those superbowls? The team I root for won them, so, wrong again, BOY!

And third! Show me what your suck *** team has done, BOY! Nothing at all...get it? Absoutely nothing!

That's why I call your team "losers" and the fans that root for them are no better...they are losers also, get it? BOY!
No, the only thing I get is that you apparently measure success in life based on how many SB trophies the team you cheer for has. Nice philosophy.:rolleyes:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
greenblooded36;1070659 said:
No, the only thing I get is that you apparently measure success in life based on how many SB trophies the team you cheer for has. Nice philosophy.:rolleyes:

When it comes to football, yes, I base it on how many SB's my team wins! So, your are right, it's a good philosophy...

When you loser fans are happy to root for a team that has done ABSOUTELY NOTHING, then I say your philosophy is pretty stupid!

Don't come here talking big, because you have nothing to show or prove here, except that you root for a losing organization with the most philty fans alive...

Get it, boy....

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
Blue&Silver;1070430 said:
Don't wear Dallas gear. I'm serious. If there's one game I'd avoid its that game.

Philly fans will take TO hatred to a new level.

Totally agree.

I'm not just saying this as an Eagles fan.

Do not wear Dallas stuff.

greenblooded36

Reaction score
5Stars;1070668 said:
When you loser fans are happy to root for a team that has done ABSOUTELY NOTHING, then I say your philosophy is pretty stupid!
You're damn right I'm happy to root for my team! I have a little thing called loyalty, and I don't jump ship at the slightest hint of trouble. I was born a Philadelphia Eagles fan and will die one, regardless of whether they win the big one or not.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hoov;1070540 said:
LOL, farmers having sex with goats. I have never heard that, i have never heard any fans of any of the teams you mentioned call cowboys fans rednecks or hillbillies either and i live in philly, so if that was common im sure i would have heard it by now after all these years. (unless you are talking about trash that gets said over wip radio by talkshow hosts who are desperate to get ratings for their show) But in all my years of living here i have never heard those types of commenets form fans in sports bars. maybe you hear it when those fans visit dallas for games, ive never been to a game in dallas so i dont know.

The big complaint around here is that most cowboys fans are obnoxious and constantly crowing about past SB victories and that cowboys fans are the snobs of the NFL. I do hear stuff like that a lot.

I watch games with eagles fans at philly sports bars all the time, we get on each other quite a bit, but by the end of the game we are buying each other rounds of beer because i respect the game of football and can talk about it without throwing insults at them.

But somehow the point of my original post has been lost. I was arguing the perception that the city of philadelphia is a dump or the armpit of the world as some like to say and pointing out that a few obnoxious drunken fans at the vet or the link do not represent the citizens of philadelphia by any means.

Fans of one team talk trash to fans of another team, of course that happens, I have no problem with that if that gets you off, i can dish it out and i can take it too. Its just that most of it is very juvenile so i dont really get that worked up enough to get involved so much.

Still not buying it. I have been hearing the cowboys fans are a bunch of redneck hillbillies my whole life. I am from NY by the way now living in DFW. That is where the comeback of philly is a dump comes from, after you have been told to go back to your trailer, beat your wife, get drunk, brush your one tooth etc.......then the philly comments come in....always been that way.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
can Eagles fans or Cowboys fans that have been to the Eagles' stadium tell me what exactly the big deal is with Dallas fans wearing Dallas gear over there?

It can't possibly be a warzone where you get spotted and trampled by Eagles fans just for wearing a Cowboys jersey or whatever... right?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
SupermanXx;1070876 said:
can Eagles fans or Cowboys fans that have been to the Eagles' stadium tell me what exactly the big deal is with Dallas fans wearing Dallas gear over there?

It can't possibly be a warzone where you get spotted and trampled by Eagles fans just for wearing a Cowboys jersey or whatever... right?

Have you ever heard of "Chief Zee" the Redsk*ns version of "Crazy Ray" who dresses up in full Indian regalia?

He was severely beaten one year at a game in Philly and had both of his legs broken.

They don't mess around there... even if you're an old man.

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
SupermanXx;1070876 said:

ummm.....

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
SupermanXx;1070896 said:
I understand getting beer dumped on you and what not, but ppl don't actually come out and assault you do they?

No, Superman, they invite you to their row house for a cheesesteak and brew! :rolleyes:

(and offer you their sister)

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
SupermanXx;1070896 said:
I understand getting beer dumped on you and what not, but ppl don't actually come out and assault you do they?

Yes, they do.

Not everytime, but it happens.