I'm goin to the Cowboys/Eagles game this weekend

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Timbo2st;1068269 said:
I'm just ready for the game to start. Can't wait.

Come Monday, I will be here telling the Cowboys fans that they shouldn't start killing themselves, just because there team lost.

wow where is this coming from? Kind of extreme and ridiculous.

I think philly has an advantage this week and has the upper hand, but you are basically guaranteeing a win, I think that is not smart. The eagles have not even played a good game for 60 minutes yet.

Its early in the season, I dont know how anyone can think one team is better than the other right now.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Timbo2st;1068269 said:

Come Monday, I will be here telling the Cowboys fans that they shouldn't start killing themselves, just because their team lost.
Is this supposed to be your idea of a "joke"?

Pretty lame coming from the guy who likes to critique other's attempts at humor. I'd have expected more.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Timbo2st;1068265 said:
ummm......Nice comeback.

Stop-Posting.gif

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;1068270 said:
wow where is this coming from? Kind of extreme and ridiculous.

I think philly has an advantage this week and has the upper hand, but you are basically guaranteeing a win, I think that is not smart. The eagles have not even played a good game for 60 minutes yet.

Its early in the season, I dont know how anyone can think one team is better than the other right now.

Extreme? hahaha

It was a joke. Wow, and some people talk about me needing to lighten up.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Timbo2st;1068269 said:

Come Monday, I will be here telling the Cowboys fans that they shouldn't start killing themselves, just because their team lost.
And when the Eagles lose, will you come back and admit they are a paper tiger whose only wins were against three of the worst teams in football?

Seriously, as soon as the schedule came out I knew Philadelphia would be delusional with dreams of a Superbowl after a 3-1 start (I actually thought they might start 4-0).

I am having this deja-vu feeling.. ah yes, it was another poster named AJM who hung out here last year until the thrashing that the Eagles received in Dallas, only to disappear after the game never to be heard from again. PT is a stand-up guy, he'll be back. I'm pretty sure you won't.

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
I will come back, whether they win or lose.

Why would I admit them being paper tigers? Dallas hasn't played any real competition. Titans and Commanders ( jaguars, but lost that game )

Dallas is a good team, we'll what happens on Sunday.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Timbo2st;1068414 said:
I will come back, whether they win or lose.

Why would I admit them being paper tigers? Dallas hasn't played any real competition. Titans and Commanders ( jaguars, but lost that game )

Dallas is a good team, we'll what happens on Sunday.

yes because green bay, 49ers, and houstan are SOOO much better then the titans and Commanders...actually the Commanders are going to into the play offs along with the boys from our division. the only good team you faced was the Giants and oh my...you lost that one....now go away!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Timbo2st;1068276 said:
...some people talk about me needing to lighten up.

They knew it was a joke, but some are super-critical about anything that Eagle fans say. Bottom line is they know they've got one of the hardest games this year, coming 4 days!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
who is going to get me a Program!!! Someone please help me out!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;1068779 said:
Bottom line is they know they've got one of the hardest games this year, coming 4 days!

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: DO you really believe that?

I am worried about The Colts, Panthers, Tampa, Saints, and the 2nd Washington game (just because of the rivalry)

No matter how much you wish it ..... the Eagles are just not that big a deal to us ..... their fans disgust us, but their is no Rivalry between our teams .... you took the place of the Cardinals to us.

Now the Giants and Commanders ...... those are rivalries ..... those teams have history.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
zrinkill;1068791 said:
No matter how much you wish it ..... the Eagles are just not that big a deal to us ...

I truly hope you're right, and that the coaches and players take the Eagles as lightly as you do.:D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;1068799 said:
I truly hope you're right, and that the coaches and players take the Eagles as lightly as you do.:D

They will treat them just like every other game .... the only one who really cares about this game is T.O.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We'll beat you anyway. Can't wait to see those "oh no" expressions that Eagles fans always get when they lose.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

yo holmes! where'd ya go in the other discussion about how philly fans are just misunderstood? just got back from lunch with a longtime friend and he said they had a computer contractor come in last week and one of the first things he asked him was if he was a cowboys fan. well, he was so he said "sure" and kinda expected some good conversation for a bit.

instead the guy 180'd and said he was a die hard eagles fan and he was there during the battery incident and he was damn proud that he was one of those who was flinging snowballs and batteries down to johnson, the field, and blah blah blah.

he said the guy stepped back and said "well what do you think about that, huh?" like he was about to pick a fight before 3 of the other guys he came with pulled him back and talked some sense into him.

face it - your fan base is proud of the fact they're a bunch of classless arseholes and they wear it like a badge of honor. so don't run around and give us the poor, misunderstood garbage cause NO ONE is buying it.

but way to fade out of a convo w/o having to say how wrong you were.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
iceberg;1068967 said:

As if that is something new, Iceberg?

It's an MO of his...that and he tries to correct your spelling and grammar errors, using even worse grammar and spelling errors then the ones he thinks he is correcting! :rolleyes:

He's a very "sophisticated troll"...and he fools some people, but, he exposes himself without even knowing it...

;)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
iceberg;1068967 said:
yo holmes! where'd ya go in the other discussion about how philly fans are just misunderstood? just got back from lunch with a longtime friend and he said they had a computer contractor come in last week and one of the first things he asked him was if he was a cowboys fan. well, he was so he said "sure" and kinda expected some good conversation for a bit.

instead the guy 180'd and said he was a die hard eagles fan and he was there during the battery incident and he was damn proud that he was one of those who was flinging snowballs and batteries down to johnson, the field, and blah blah blah.

he said the guy stepped back and said "well what do you think about that, huh?" like he was about to pick a fight before 3 of the other guys he came with pulled him back and talked some sense into him.

face it - your fan base is proud of the fact they're a bunch of classless arseholes and they wear it like a badge of honor. so don't run around and give us the poor, misunderstood garbage cause NO ONE is buying it.

Listen iceberg ...you sound like you have some sense, unlike 5S the homroll (that's an Internal home troll). Many of the MBs have them, they are the ones that try to garner support from their own fandom By shaking up nonsensical dirt posts that have Nothing to do with the topic. Their targets are any opponent fan with a different persepective.

Go back and look at your posts. Notice that 5S tries to sprinkle a little nonsense in your ears each time you make comments. And each time you seem to sound a little more like him.

Note: The topic Here is "I'm going to the Cowboys/Eagles game this weekend."

I'd Like to conduct a decent dialogue about this and any subject with you. But each time I try, here comes homeroll. That's why I chose to bow out of our last dialogue. Things were looking up regarding our connectivity ...but then ...

About the scenario you gave regarding the encounter with that Eagle fan. Sounds like he was a trouble maker. If someone wants to make trouble with a person, they are going to find a way that will initiate their goal. I can't break it down any further. Troublemakers come in all fandoms. Watch out for that one on your shoulder ...he's already slipped and reveaed himself several times to his own fan members here ...look around for His posts. In one post he calls his own fandom and fans ...stupid (there was No indication that he was being facetious.

Ok, it's up to you ...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;1069050 said:
Listen iceberg ...you sound like you have some sense, unlike 5S the homroll (that's an Internal home troll). Many of the MBs have them, they are the ones that try to garner support from their own fandom By shaking up nonsensical dirt posts that have Nothing to do with the topic. Their targets are any opponent fan with a different persepective.

Go back and look at your posts. Notice that 5S tries to sprinkle a little nonsense in your ears each time you make comments. And each time you seem to sound a little more like him.

Note: The topic Here is "I'm going to the Cowboys/Eagles game this weekend."

I'd Like to conduct a decent dialogue about this and any subject with you. But each time I try, here comes homeroll. That's why I chose to bow out of our last dialogue. Things were looking up regarding our connectivity ...but then ...

About the scenario you gave regarding the encounter with that Eagle fan. Sounds like he was a trouble maker. If someone wants to make trouble with a person, they are going to find a way that will initiate their goal. I can't break it down any further. Troublemakers come in all fandoms. Watch out for that one on your shoulder ...he's already slipped and reveaed himself several times to his own fan members here ...look around for His posts. In one post he calls his own fandom and fans ...stupid (there was No indication that he was being facetious.

Ok, it's up to you ...

hey i'm perfectly willing to listen and go by what *you* tell me and not what others around me think or say. HOWEVER - you're the one who's trying to say skins fans are worse and make up any other bit of nonsense you can to take the heat off the subject.

the topic at hand is fine and if you want to run back to it to get out of where it drifted to, great. i'll be the bunny in the cave and you can yell RUN AWAY RUN AWAY as i bounce out.

there is *no mistaking* the fact that the eagles fans are the worst in the country in almost any professional sport. i agree this guy i talk about today is merely an example of your fanbase, but he's a good one.

he was DAMN PROUD he was one throwing batteries at santa and the opposing team. he was DAMN PROUD the eagle fans have that rep.

why are you so "in denial" that your fanbase sucks? if you're a rare but good example of the decent fans out there, great. but let's not gloss over that for every 1 of you there are 20 of him out there. ya'll put a courthouse in your own stadium for pity's sake - what does that tell you? the skins fans don't have 'em. we sure don't. NO OTHER FRANCHISE HAS THIS.

this is evidence to support the fact that eagles fans are violent, beligerant troublemakers who have no idea of what fair sportsmanship is about nor do they wish to. they're "proud" of it. sounds like you're not - great. but again, you're in the vast minority.

5stars can pop in and out as he pleases but don't think that my "drifting to his side" is because i agree with him - it's more because you're being stubborn w/o facts on this and have to rush out to european soccer violence to counter the fact then rush to the title of the thread when that didn't work.

eagles fans are pathetic. till that changes, neither will my opinion of them. the other one i've told you about that happened to be very polite and curtious - at least she realizes she's in the minority.

give it a shot. self-honesty is quite exhilerating.

phillycard

Reaction score
generally, I don't why you guys worry about wearing Cowboys gear to the Linc. Of all teams there are usually plenty of Cowboys fans there and the ones targeted will be the beligerent, loud ones that always decide to make a spectacle by spouting off. Follow the rules of fandom, and you'll be all right. Not saying you won't get a brew thrown at you, or the famous "A-Hole" chant, but it can be done. Oh, and going with a group might be a wise idea. I never had a big problem when I used to go to the Vet every year. Cheer, but do it low key, and you'll be fine.