I'm in tank mode with a loss tonight

rambo2

Reaction score
We won't have to tank this year for a top pick. it's in the process of happening organically right now due to team implosion. A lot of players got their BAG so now it's no longer required to even pretend to care about winning football games or championships.

The problem is that we will get that pick, and then NOT use it on a QB because we are locked into Dak. It's the worst contract ever signed in sports history. For many reasons.
They need dtackle and running back, not qb.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They have done it in the past with Parsons and Lamb.
Really? Is this gonna be the 12 wins in a row gag again?

Let me get it out of the way for ya

Get off your high horse!
Watch a Kurt Warner video and get EDUCATED!!!!!!!!!
Three 12 Win Seasons in a Heckin ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just as good as a SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!
No Haters in Hawaiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jerry best GM in the league!!!!

There ......... I have said all of you guys stuff

fivetwos

Reaction score
Tanking doesn’t work when you let the same GM that got you into the spot of needing to tank lead the rebuild.

In other words: it’s all pointless while the Jones’ are still in charge
Yep. As a fan I don’t mind a full rebuild at all, but I don’t want these two handling it.

If they are going to rely on draft only to improve this group that isn’t as close as they think, they need to do things like end up with a high pick, and trade down several times for future picks. Trade Diggs and his salary for for a premium pick……but it’ll never happen. Jerry doesn’t work that way. He will want to take that star WR or RB. He can’t help it.

Off the top of my head, in team history, the best drafts…..and ones that sent the team to a different level….1975, 1991 and 2005 all had one thing in common…..multiple first round picks.

Nothing against Diggs but when you can start Bland and Carson, you need to apply resources elsewhere…..but again, Jerry will never trade a jersey selling corner. Never.

We are stuck for now. When Jerry is gone and Stephen doesn’t wish to step away, we are stuck forever.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
This year there are a lot of bad teams and most will be doing some low key tanking. Will be tough for Dallas even if they win only 5 or 6 games. Might need to package a deal to move into the top 5 .

What’s Coakley doing these days?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Way ahead of you Risen. 1-16 sounds pretty good right about now. I want big and little to be embarrassed

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A top 5 pick would be nice but who knows how they would handle it. QB is off the list now. I don’t want a loss tonight but if it happens….then I’m all for more losses to come just to irritate Jerry and son. They need some more heat on them and a .500 season won’t bring enough.

With that said, Dallas rolls tonight with a beat down.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Not that I believe in this team whatsoever with a win but I'm full on top 5 pick tank mode with a loss tonight. For the draft pick but even more so the embarrassment it causes the front office to maybe change as much as this lunatic will change.

Consider it a team enema. Ultimately this is what we should all be rooting for right now but I understand once the ball is kicked off the fan takes over.

Having said that, we roll tonight. Rooted in talent.

Giants! Cowboys! (Giants)
I have been praying for a total reboot. That is what the team needs more than anything else (well except for the Jones boys to sell the team).

I'd speed it up by trading Parsons...should get a first and another decent pick. Should get a few comp picks as well with the loss of Pollard, Armstrong, Biadasz, etc.

Two first rounders and a full bag of picks. Have some young guys on the OL, build with them. Dak is here for the next 3-4 years as is Lamb, keep Ferguson. Gotta resign Bland, paired with Diggs. We have safeties. Gotta completely rebuild DL. And we should have room for a few free agents. Could be a quick rebuild....but we know Jerry will screw it up.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A top 5 pick doesn’t guarantee you’ll come up with a great player and most fans will want the team use the pick on a QB.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Not that I believe in this team whatsoever with a win but I'm full on top 5 pick tank mode with a loss tonight. For the draft pick but even more so the embarrassment it causes the front office to maybe change as much as this lunatic will change.

Consider it a team enema. Ultimately this is what we should all be rooting for right now but I understand once the ball is kicked off the fan takes over.

I am in the exact same place. Perfectly stated.

The fact that players are talking about “preparation” “professionalism” and needing to “do their jobs” is a testament to the utter suckitude of this entire operation.

I have been a fan a long time, but when the highest paid player in franchise history tells me to “get off the bandwagon” I have been on since before he was even born— after posting 3 straight humiliating losses at home— then yeah— if they fail, I want them to fail so hard there is no choice but maximum humiliation and change

ShortRound

Reaction score
I always want the Cowboys to win ....... I have absolutely no faith in this front office using high draft picks to help this team.
lol this is why I can't root for a tank, this moronic front office.... although I understand the thought.

Let what happens happen. Pain for Jerry I will root for.

bigE79

Reaction score

Amen

tunahelper

Reaction score

Bank on the Giants being tank mode as they run over the top of our defense.

DallasInDC

Reaction score

That would be awesome....maybe we could get another top RB if we get to pick that high...right JJ/Stephen/McClay? :rolleyes:

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Whelp if the top doesn't change then it matters little what draft position we get or who we pick. Every bad company starts with the head and every great company does as well. Ours is the former.