I'm not saying Dak is better than Mahomes

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Didn’t go through all the pages but where’s the stat of how many games each team was leading in? I would bet KC has been ahead more than Dallas so Mahomes would not need to throw as much.

Cowboys playing from behind and Dak getting an extra 100 yards at the end of games makes a difference.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

Point 1: Mahomes played in 73 games, Dak only 56 and Dak still has him beat in 400 yard games.

Point 2: Mahomes has a god-like receiving unit. Dak has a very good receiving unit but it doesn't compare to Mahomes'. Kelce + Hill > by far anyone we got. Cowboys are receivers by committee. Chiefs have a receiving unit that have been proven unstoppable by 31 teams.

Point 3: Wins are a team accomplishment, so Mahomes didn't win those games on his own.

Again, Mahomes > Dak overall because of his Super Bowl and his postseason accomplishments, but lots of his games are simply because Chiefs are good enough to jump ahead and beat teams without Mahomes needing to do much. Cowboys has a bad defense most of the times, 0 dominant D-linemen, a used up starting running back, and an O-Line that blew the SF playoff game badly. Mahomes O-Line was horrendous in the Super Bowl, but at least they chose the last game of the year to be bad in.

Thoughts?

The only SB he won was due to the opposing QB choking. Dude is overrated and needs a stack team to win playoff games.

Don’t ever forget Chiefs made it to AFC championship without Mahomes.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In the GAME Prescott's offense scored 13 points in the first 3 Quarters of football.
Well, I guess it's better than the 7 pts in 3Q he scored against the Niners!!!!:banghead:
Which was enough to win the game , if Byron Jones didn’t screw up . But like I said people only want to remember what makes them happy. I wasn’t happy about that game

DonaldM

Reaction score
The only SB he won was due to the opposing QB choking. Dude is overrated and needs a stack team to win playoff games.

With Smith. Dak is a little b

Dak is better than Smith who was drafted before Rogers.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My bad but MC said we just needed a no miss first round draft pick. Blue chipper like Brady. I'm sure he has a handful in his tiny mind.
the solution from most of the pundits is either draft one, but they can't say who and can't gaurantee the draft pick works, so lets waste 3-4 years at a time until we hit on one after 5,6, 7 tries. and even if we do no gaurantee of win, just that we have a good QB...or they make stupid trade suggestions becauser Madden NFL allowed them to make that trade. Does Dak need help for us to get over the top? yes. but its not just what's around Dak, its the whole dang organization.....easiest path to the superbowl is with a QB (also the cheapest believe it or not), but in the past players like Foles/Wentz, Grossman, Johnson, Joe Flacco, Grappolo, Goff, Newton, Hasselback, Delhome etc. have made it to the superbowl and some have won it. so its possible to put a team together that can do it. Dak is not the worst. he is not top 10. neither were any of the QBs listed above. but does the GM know what he is doing? can he pull the right talent together? can he have the right coach? can he have the right culture? can he allow his coach to run the team? his meddling does more to harm this team than any other factor.

raven55

Reaction score
you gotta understand jerry jones, he does not want to say I WAS WRONG. Its that simple, we can stand at the top of a ten story bldg. and shout what a mistake it won't matter one bit. and i mean don't buy the bull that's put out at any of these pod casts it's there job to hype the season. I do understand that Dak and elliot can't be cut right away but to go and buy expensive tickets and pay for your gas and parking along with the price of food and for every bodies buss. tickets did go up check it out. To put this whole thing to bed is stay home watch the game on tv in the long run you will have less strain on your pocket book and get your self a big sponge paint it red and throw at the tv when they lose

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Before Mahomes Andy Reid, KC hadn't been to a championship game since 1993. With him, they have hosted 4 in a row.

Before Mahomes Andy Reid, KC hadn't gone to the Superbowl in 50 years. With him, they have gone twice in 4 years and were extremely close the other 2.
FIFY. Mahomes is squat without Reid, nor a decent Oline. Both are proven facts!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Before Mahomes, KC hadn't been to a championship game since 1993. With him, they have hosted 4 in a row.

Before Mahomes, KC hadn't gone to the Superbowl in 50 years. With him, they have gone twice in 4 years and were extremely close the other 2.
Canton!

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
No joke? Man, but, it's so obvious. You absolutely cannot have a convo w/ the ones who think he plain sucks, nor w/ the ones who think he's top 10 all time.
You nailed it man, it's both sides. I don't get the arguing and insults, you're not changing the other person's mind.

Kind of like the "haters" and the hater patrol, I'm not sure which side is more annoying to constantly have to read in every stinkin' thread.

Truck

Reaction score
Dan Marino threw 13 400 yard games
Philip Rivers threw 11

400 yard games don’t mean squat if you can’t go deep into January and win SBs

Truck

Reaction score
The sad thing is the better comparison isn’t Mahomes it’s Carson Palmer.

Palmer threw 8. only one less that Dak.

Playoff record 1-3. That is exact same as Dak.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Tyreek Hill says Tua is more accurate than Mahomes. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...vailoa-is-more-accurate-than-patrick-mahomes/

This proves it. Mahomes is overrated. Lucked out by the team that drafted him, and carried by his receivers. Tyreek Hill even says the same.

Tyreek Hill: Tua Tagovailoa is more accurate than Patrick Mahomes

GettyImages-1241036903-e1654954636442.jpg

Getty Images

The first episode of It Needed To Be Said features Dolphins receiver Tyreek Hill and agent Drew Rosenhaus saying plenty of things about his departure from the Chiefs. Hill also says a few things about his new quarterback, and about his former one.

“I’ve had a chance to see Tua [Tagovailoa] throw the ball, to myself, but. . . . he’s that dude, bro,” Hill said. “Like, what a lot of people don’t know, like, I’m not just sitting just saying this because he’s my quarterback now. . . . like, I’m not trying to get more targets right now, but what I’m trying to say is Tua is that deal, bro. . . . Bro, he has a heck of an arm, bro. He’s accurate. He can throw the deep ball, and he actually goes through his reads, where people are like on Twitter like saying, ‘Oh, he doesn’t go through his reads.’ Man, this dude is that dude.”

Hill’s co-host, Julius Collins, then asked Hill who has the stronger arm, Tua or Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes?

“Obviously, like I’m gonna go with 15 as the strongest arm but as far as accuracy-wise, I’m going with Tua all day,” Hill said.