I'm not sure many fans realize what most worthy even means

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
@Whirlwin I have no idea what you mean by 'most worthy.' So, maybe you can help us all out with an example or two.
1) Let's assume Dallas has the top pick in this year's draft. Who is your 'most worthy' pick? And explain.
2) Let's assume Dallas has the 27th pick in this year's draft. Who is you 'most worthy' pick? And explain

Dude got benched.

GenoT

Reaction score
I'm not sure many fans realize what most worthy even means. I don't like drafting for need
I don't like drafting best available. I like drafting most Worthy. Freddy was most Worthy. That's why we took him in the first-round when many thought he was a second . Martin was most Worthy. I don't know who will be most worthy this season. When I said take Martin all summer . people slammed me everybody wanted defense.
Most worthy = BPA

Nice try...but you’re a bit late in attempting to redefine the English language, lol!
:muttley::facepalm:

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
As long as the Cowboys get the best player for the team when they're on the clock you can call it what you want. With the ( insert pick number) of the draft, the Dallas Cowboys select an asset ;)

fredp22

Reaction score
dont know of anyone that slammed the Martin pick-send us a link where they were slamming u if u can find it. Majority of the board was excited with the pick and that we were addressing the oline.
I love how u said you were saying to take Martin all summer when the draft is in spring. nothing like 20/20 hindsight.
GIve us your "worthy" pick for this year or do u have to wait till the summer?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I'm not sure many fans realize what most worthy even means. I don't like drafting for need
I don't like drafting best available. I like drafting most Worthy. Freddy was most Worthy. That's why we took him in the first-round when many thought he was a second . Martin was most Worthy. I don't know who will be most worthy this season. When I said take Martin all summer . people slammed me everybody wanted defense.
Best available for your team is always the best way to draft.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Don't know what that means really, most worthy?.... Is that just another way of saying Best Player Available?
If so ,, quit trying so hard to complicate the issue at 58 dude,, just chill.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm thinking what you must mean by "most worthy" is simply some combination of "best player available", and "team need", with maybe a touch of "right kind of guy".

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
dont know of anyone that slammed the Martin pick-send us a link where they were slamming u if u can find it. Majority of the board was excited with the pick and that we were addressing the oline.
I love how u said you were saying to take Martin all summer when the draft is in spring. nothing like 20/20 hindsight.

There were some that wanted Johnny Foolsgold back then. I have a cousin that went to A&M, he had a total meltdown... Aggies:laugh:

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Most worthy = BPA

Nice try...but you’re a bit late in attempting to redefine the English language, lol!
:muttley::facepalm:
If you think most worthy most deserving is best player available someone needs to get a better grasp on the English language. Do you know what it means to get it. Bob Lilly, Jason Witten Mister Cowboy they get it. So again most Worthy is part of it but it's not equal Bill Parcells tried explaining this years and years ago. Again most people just don't get it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm thinking what you must mean by "most worthy" is simply some combination of "best player available", and "team need", with maybe a touch of "right kind of guy".
Thank you somebody who can think for themselves. Go Cowboys

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don't know what that means really, most worthy?.... Is that just another way of saying Best Player Available?
If so ,, quit trying so hard to complicate the issue at 58 dude,, just chill.
Obviously you're one of the ones that don't get it. Bob Lilly was most worthy Jason Witten was most Worthy. Does that help

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The old Cowboys fan forum website the entire offseason 80% of posters wanted defense. They were pissed they took a guard. I follow Notre Dame I knew exact moment and was bringing to the franchise. He played every position on the offensive line and never missed a game. Did you know that before he was drafted

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think we should draft the least likely to get stoned.
We definitely need more mr. Cowboys on this franchise. I will Take Jason Witten type players all day long. You can keep the wise guy great talent

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The old Cowboys fan forum website the entire offseason 80% of posters wanted defense. They were pissed they took a guard. I follow Notre Dame I knew exact moment and was bringing to the franchise. He played every position on the offensive line and never missed a game. Did you know that before he was drafted

I think the Cowboys were actually looking for defense too with that first pick, but the guys they liked and thought might be available were off the board.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Soft Taco was a draft for need. Terrible pick!
No I think William thought he was going to be a great player. But without a defensive tackle your Edge rushers can't get there because your quarterback steps up. I'm not sure he was drafted for need. I think it was best available which was still wrong

jnday

Reaction score
The only player We drafted for need the last two or three seasons was Vander esch. I new people wouldn't understand most worthy . I've had this conversation before
Taco must have been a luxury pick.

lostar2009

Reaction score

What was Taco?

Verdict

Reaction score
The only player We drafted for need the last two or three seasons was Vander esch. I new people wouldn't understand most worthy . I've had this conversation before

We drafted Taco only based on need (upcoming) and so far that has worked out poorly. I don't think LVE was a need pick even though we needed him.