I'm not sure many fans realize what most worthy even means

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not sure many fans realize what most worthy even means. I don't like drafting for need
I don't like drafting best available. I like drafting most Worthy. Freddy was most Worthy. That's why we took him in the first-round when many thought he was a second . Martin was most Worthy. I don't know who will be most worthy this season. When I said take Martin all summer . people slammed me everybody wanted defense.

Can you name who you think is most worthy in the upcoming draft or do you only name people most worthy after they've proven themselves on the field?

Scotman

Reaction score
I think we should only draft future Hall of Famers from here on out. I don't know what this hasn't always been the plan.

Patrick

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'm not sure many fans realize what most worthy even means. I don't like drafting for need
I don't like drafting best available. I like drafting most Worthy. Freddy was most Worthy. That's why we took him in the first-round when many thought he was a second . Martin was most Worthy. I don't know who will be most worthy this season. When I said take Martin all summer . people slammed me everybody wanted defense.
Semantics

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Drafting works like this.

You pick a player who excels at his position, you are great at drafting.

You pick a player that is not and your team is horrid at drafting.

All the BPA, team need, most worthy, we're not worthy is mostly fan speak.

If the team drafted a RB, that by the end of his rookie season had shown he can tote the rock, block, catch passes, maybe move to the slot at times. Just a guy that succeeds and is a solid football player with play maker ability, the drafting of this kid would be heralded by most oln this site, as well the drafting.

That kid has value, even if it is to trade for a better draft slot. Even if the team has Zeke, and the offensive line suddenly is woke up to past glory.

There will be some who second guess. And the team didn't need this position. But success is not dictated by need, want, desire, statistics.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
People still don't understand that players are grouped in tiers and teams select needs, generally, based on players in their top tier. Teams often gamble also by selecting a lesser need if the greater need is deep.

Also *** does "most worthy" mean?

Nonsense without a definition.

Hardline

Reaction score
Yes I made up the term three seasons ago. And most people get it. Most Worthy is a real thing. Draft for need you get burned. Best available how many more wide receivers do we need if that was the case
Thats where the "trade down" option comes in.

Hardline

Reaction score
The old Cowboys fan forum website the entire offseason 80% of posters wanted defense. They were pissed they took a guard. I follow Notre Dame I knew exact moment and was bringing to the franchise. He played every position on the offensive line and never missed a game. Did you know that before he was drafted
Every one on this forum knew exactly what we were getting with Martin . You didn't have any inside knowledge on him we didn't

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
JJ Watt and TJ Watt we’re unworthy to be Dallas Cowboys? What in the hell does that even mean

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
No I am not a GM LOL but I've been a fan of the Cowboys longer than most. I understand how to win in this league and what it takes. Never draft for need and never draft best available
So has my cat. Doesn't mean he's most worthy knowledgeable. :laugh:

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
People still don't understand that players are grouped in tiers and teams select needs, generally, based on players in their top tier. Teams often gamble also by selecting a lesser need if the greater need is deep.

Also *** does "most worthy" mean?

Nonsense without a definition.
SeriousElementaryIberianlynx-max-1mb.gif

plasticman

Reaction score
You say you wanted Martin all season long and you kept getting slammed but your account says member since 2018.

I assume then that you added this account to one already present. What was your name in the months leading up to the 2014 draft?

As far as BPA vs. Need vs. Most Worthy, it's seems as though the Cowboy strategy in the past was to target a player that fills a need and, through trades, positioning themselves to where that player is the BPA at that particular point on the draft. They may be doing this less after previous attempts blew up in their face.

The BPA strategy built that offensive line. They went into the Fredericks and Martin drafts clearly wanting somebidy else but didn't get them.

Most Worthy? That seems like an "after the fact" type of designation. It was agreed at the time that Morris Claiborne was most worthy of his draft position given his college performance and physical attributes. Most pundits thought the Fredericks pick a huge reach but seemed to earn his "worth" acclimating quickly to the NFL game.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cowboys need to sign somebody, drop some draft hints in the media or something... because Whirl out here making up terms haha. Last year we had to endure the term "web back" let's just keep it to BPA/BPAAAPON. Ain't nothing worthy about drafting a player you don't need.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The trick to BPA is you don’t actually follow it when the BPA is at a position where you already have a stud.

Smart - you draft the BPA or you trade up or down so the player you select is in the BPA range on your board.

Stupid - you draft the player you want and need at your spot, even when there are players on a higher tier available. Even though you fill a need with a player you like, it’s stupid because you didn’t get the value of your draft spot....and that starts to impact the team if you do that for years.

You must be willing to move up or down with your draft capital so that the guys you select are equal value for you draft spot.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
LMAO you think too highly of yourself on an insignificant website

Ya,well, I can't remain in LOGGIN MODE around here permanently,ya know?( of course you know, yer militarily trained to know of these matters), which immediately boosts a websites intrinsic SIGNIFICANCEo_O

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am an individual I stand out from the crowd. Try it sometime. I love getting the last laugh. I remember getting slammed all summer because I wanted Zack Martin. The entire forum wanted defense
Only a member since September 2018?? You haven’t been here any summer. Lol