I'm okay with Mike McCarthy staying

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not necessarily. Depending on who falls to us, we might end up with a quality first round QB. Bear in mind, Lamar Jackson was a later first round pick and is arguably the best of his draft class. We could find someone in round one either this year or next.
Yeah and we will see what kind of extension Dak gets. Or if at all. We would have to eat a big chunk of money. Not sure about Parsons contract. He won’t be wanting to play his 5th year option. Same with Lamb. I would pay Lamb. Parsons is gonna want more than maybe he is worth. He really disappointed me Sunday. They were throwing the flags on the holds. He should have wrecked the game..

glimmerman

Reaction score
There's a way to fix that. Either QB this year (with oline, RB, AND lb addressed too) or next year. In the meantime, get the best available linebackers, oline, and running backs we can find. If we can do this, the team can become a legitimate contender.
If a real quality big DT is available we HAVE to get him. Hankins will come back and Mazi might get better but we need another run stuffer. Big LBs should help but man we better stop the run this year.. Do that and get a run game going and we will be ok.

glimmerman

Reaction score
.....but what about the other messes with this team? You good?
I don’t think any of us are good with this. But if they are going to run this back again then we need to stop the run and be able to run. That’s our player problems. Cant do anything about the staff. Just get a GOOD O-Line coach. Get back to power running..

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah and we will see what kind of extension Dak gets. Or if at all. We would have to eat a big chunk of money. Not sure about Parsons contract. He won’t be wanting to play his 5th year option. Same with Lamb. I would pay Lamb. Parsons is gonna want more than maybe he is worth. He really disappointed me Sunday. They were throwing the flags on the holds. He should have wrecked the game..
Id have no qualms about trading Parsons if we can get at least a first for him.

Cmac

Reaction score
I don’t think any of us are good with this. But if they are going to run this back again then we need to stop the run and be able to run. That’s our player problems. Cant do anything about the staff. Just get a GOOD O-Line coach. Get back to power running..
......then personnel changes need to be made.....that is what scares me. Agree fully with getting back to balance.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
It's not about embracing mediocrity. It's about the fact that, if the plan is what I hope it is, I can see benefit. However, I want a QB drafted this year to develop like the Packers and Chiefs have done.
The problem is that there is no plan. Where is the benefit of bringing back a bad coach just to let him ride out his contract like Garrett, when there are actual proven coaches that will be off the table after we waste next year? What is the benefit of extending an 8th year QB who plays like a deer in the headlights on every big stage? The rest of the "plan" is this...keep Quinn when nobody wants to touch him after our awful defensive showing to the world, then tap the bargain bin in FA. What a plan for this franchise, and for our future! You can say what you want about Parsons, but that dude needs to try to get out of here ASAP. Unlike the fans, he isn't stuck with this garbage.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The problem is that there is no plan. Where is the benefit of bringing back a bad coach just to let him ride out his contract like Garrett, when there are actual proven coaches that will be off the table after we waste next year? What is the benefit of extending an 8th year QB who plays like a deer in the headlights on every big stage? The rest of the "plan" is this...keep Quinn when nobody wants to touch him after our awful defensive showing to the world, then tap the bargain bin in FA. What a plan for this franchise, and for our future! You can say what you want about Parsons, but that dude needs to try to get out of here ASAP. Unlike the fans, he isn't stuck with this garbage.

Perhaps check out my thread involving Dallas and the 2016 Chiefs for what I see ;)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Nah, I'm good. I know our "plan" every year. If you can think we are anywhere close the Chiefs organization, or any competent organization, I applaud you. I wish I was as optimistic.

Put it this way, I think they're accidentally in a spot similar to the 2016 Chiefs, who were not what they are now. But, when they became Mahomes, they found success.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I'm okay with Mike McCarthy staying​

Like you have a choice.
None of us has a choice but one thing. Stay a fan or not.
Now as we know what that entails on here. Going to be a long off-season and many disagreements on here complete with the typical drive by posts...pro and con ...

:popcorn: season is here. :laugh:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak played better because they dumbed things down for him. ANY coach can do that. And even that isn't going to work when you up against good teams.
How do you know it was dumbed down. That is a fan myth. They changed 30% of the play book. Looked liked he learned that pretty well.
No one could truly tell the difference, other than it ran more crisp at times. As we did not see the stupid trick tom foolery plays that KM had at the worst time.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I personally don't think it's the right choice to keep him, but if I'm proven wrong, I'm good with that.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I guess you can always find a way to justify things if you want...

glimmerman

Reaction score
......then personnel changes need to be made.....that is what scares me. Agree fully with getting back to balance.
Yes the personnel changes will be scary. I wish JJ would beg and pay Bill Callaway to come back. He made a good O-Line..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Big Mike is the best coach we've had since Parcells. And he still sucks. That's the reality of the Dallas Cowboys.
Yeah people can argue and debate it all they want but he's actually the best coach we've had since Jimmy Johnson Parcells never finished the job he left here in my opinion he ran he's weak I don't like the dude he quit so given that situation given the success we've had in a short time 36 wins two division titles and three playoffs in a row in the last three years... I get it maybe Bill Belichick probably the only guy I would have wanted here over Mike McCarthy staying just because I think he has the skins on the wall to get the attention of both Jerry and the players they know who he is and what he did over there we don't have Tom Brady but Prescott is not that far off there's not that big a gap I know I'm gonna get ripped for this but I'm just saying he's a solid veteran quarterback to work with is a pretty good team so I think Bill Belichick would have been the only guy I mean if you look at what other those other guys did they may seem like a better choice but none of them mean that they are..
. And I wanna be clear I would have been OK with a purge of the entire staff doesn't bother me this clean breaks fresh start but I'm also OK with Mike McCarthy and Prescott getting one more year with the small window of opportunity that's it they should both know and I would not extend Prescott that money is not that much bigger than his extension money I mean if he's asking for 55 to 60 and his cap hit this year is 60 why not just roll with it I think you could still design the other contracts to be paid bigger later to offset Prescott's money and still add to this roster free agent sign your own players draft well and have a shot...