I'm sick and tired of the bashing and pessimism about this team!

kartr

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Bledsoe will be a still be a better QB than Carter even after they put him 6 feet under.

Quincy has a winning record against Drew, no brag, just fact. Quincy has also gotten teams to the playoffs recently, no brag, just fact.

kartr

Reaction score
BledsoetoWittenfortheTD said:
Look I'm sick and tired of the negativety over this team. I hear the same garbage over and over:

We are too old?

Bledsoe sucks, he's worset than vinny, overrated, finished, blah blah?

The line is too old and overrated?

We have no speed at WR?

The switch to the 3-4 is a mistake?

Anthony Henry was a waste of money?

Terrance Newman is a bust?

Roy Williams can't tackle?

We have the worse linebackers in the league?

Parcells time has passed?

We are too old?

We are no beter than 3rd place in the division?

GIVE ME A BREAK! THIS GARBAGE MAKES ME WANT TO THROW UP!

Look Drew Bledsoe is a solid quarterback first off. He's way better than Vinny, Quincy or any of the other trash that's played the position since Aikman. I'm sick of people knocking this guy when all he's done is pass for 40,000 yards and put up solid numbers his whole career. Is he a statue? Absolutely, but I like his chances on a team better suited and more talented than Buffalo is. That team was a joke. The only reason Bledsoe was cut was to save money and he didn't fit into the game plan. Also their idiot GM don't know how to treat NFL players. Look at the whole Travis Henry thing. Drew will flourish in a parcells system. Julius will be the focal point, and Witten will destroy defenses with Bledsoe finding him downfield. Leave Bledsoe alone and give him a chance before you criticize him.

We had the best offseason in the league. Bringing in proven veterans and drafting key players on defense. If we can go 6-10 during a 'transition' season I have know doubt we can be at least a 10 win team with what we've added. Aaron Glenn was a steal, Ferguson is still a force (both parcells guys by the way). Henry will be an excellent fit despite the critism. Rivera still has a season or two left if his back is ok. Julius Jones should be a beast and lead the NFC in rushing, and if he can't last the season....by the way we did sign a 1000 yard rusher in A-Train Thomas. Witten is entering his prime and it's scary to think of how his numbers will get even better with Drew throwing to him.

The bottom line: Give this team a chance, we are obviously built to win now. I'm not concerned with the deadskins. Eli Manning and the Giants are not on par with us. The Egirls are the only concern, but there time has passeda and all good things must come to an end. Lets get optimistic because Big D is back and it's time to reclaim what is rightfully ours: The NFC East and NFC Superiority. I honestly look at the schedule and see 12-4 written all over it!

Get a grip, Rip! Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Just remember what you said here around mid-season.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Bledsoe Bashing is sickening. If Mo Lewis had never hit Bledsoe and put him on the bench, Tom Brady would still be washing his Jock and the Pats would have been just as good, if not better.

If Buffalo hadn't signed a bunch of overrated bums on defense and kept Price, Centers, Remersma, etc they'd been a playoff team and possible superbowl contender.

Comparing trash like Quincy Carter to Bledsoe is like comparing a Kia to a Mercedes....not even close.

Drew is a statue......and he will get sacked and throw INT's, but then again so does every other QB in this league. But give this statue time and run the ball and i guarantee the headlines will read:

"Bledsoe to Witten for the TD" again and again and again

You know you're making me come awful close to wanting to open up a can Bledsoe "Whoop Arse".

Keep spewing that dribble... please. :D

kartr

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
He was never my savior, I guess he must have been yours. Sorry I did not cry over Steve Puller,Gary Hogeboom and Chad Hutchinson why in the hell would I be upset about Carter.

UHHH. He's the only playoff qb we've had since Aikman and it's likely to stay that way for a while.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kartr said:
Quincy has a winning record against Drew, no brag, just fact. Quincy has also gotten teams to the playoffs recently, no brag, just fact.

QC got a ride off the defense, QB with low passing rating and throwing more int than TD is not a QB who Lead his team anywheres you may buy it I don't not for a second. You can drool over him all you want personally I could careless and damn glad we shipped his sorry butt out of here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kartr said:
UHHH. He's the only playoff qb we've had since Aikman and it's likely to stay that way for a while.

You only convice yourself I watched the fool not impressed what so ever.

kartr

Reaction score
Finally somebody that makes sense answers my post :bow:

I think the problem is most cowboys fans are delusional and actually believe that Buffalo had a good team, and that is why Drew is supposedly a bad QB. But then again he had a career year in 02', but struggled in 03'(when his weapons were taken away), and then started off slow in 04' and then caught fire down the stretch when buffalo's younger players on offense provided help.

The bottom line is that line is atrocious in Buffalo. So if drew could manage average numbers 2 out of 3 years there, he will definitely do well playing with a real line and a tight end. Quincy Carter is a bum, and if he took this team to the playoff's, logic tells me Drew should take us to the NFC Championship at worse. But once again it's all about the Defense and running game, that is what will ultimately determine our fate.

Buffalo was 9-7 and could have been 10-6 if Bledsoe could have had average numbers in their last game. Bledsoe had better weapons than Carter in 2003, yet lost to Dallas and didn't make the playoffs. Carter with worse weapons than Bledsoe still got his team to the playoffs and helped the Jets get to the playoffs in 2004, but you think he's a bum. That my friend is 'pretzel logic'.

kartr

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
The Bills are not a joke. That's the extremist flipside of blaming everything on Bledsoe.

A quarterback's best friend is always his defense...a friend Quincy had, for example, in '03, but Vinny lacked in '04. I don't recall where the Bills D finished statistically, but it may be as high as three or four.

The oline wasn't exactly sterling, but I've seen much worse, and there were weapons. That idiot GM knows he has to win this year or it's HIS arse, and thinks he has a good enough team to win with Losman. That should tell us something about the brain(less) trust's view of the quality of the Bills' bus..their feeling was it might not be a team as good as the one Rothelisberger was able to shine on in Pittsburgh, but there is obviously faith enough horses are in place, for a kid QB to do okay. When a GM's job is hanging in the balance, and he is as ruthless as Tom Donahoe, you know he ain't trusting the bus to a second year QB unless that player gives him a better chance to survive than what he had. Bledsoe's release was not just "to save money".

Bledsoe has skills, and he most certainly IS the best QB in Dallas since Aikman. But pooh-poohing away his past failures does nothing to convince anyone he will suceed here.

Buffalo had the number 2 defense in 2004 and the reasoning they gave for releasing Bledsoe was that if he had any mobility and didn't make the mistakes of inexperienced qb's such as hold the ball too long, instead of throw it away like Quincy learned to in 2003, they would have made the playoffs. So it's true, on a otherwise playoff team, he was the 'weakest link', good bye.

31smackdown

Reaction score
For the record I don't think Bledsoe is quite on the level that BledsoeToWitten is putting him on... that's kind of the other extreme, the guy is a middle of the pack QB. I think I would take him over the Jake Plummer's of the league. And let's not forget that he came real cheap, wether he starts or not.

Now... about this whole QC thing... why I bother responding, I don't know... Did you guys actually watch him play??... Do you really think his results were anything more than the result of good game coaching, limited responsibility and a good defense?.. I don't. The defense bailed him out on countless occasions and most of his more successgul plays seemed like either broken freelance ones, trick plays or plays that they had practiced for situations numerous times.

I barely remember more than 1 or 2 solid performances out of him, I sat there every game just hoping that he could execute the limited offense he was given to play with... it was a nightmare to watch. Can you really tell me that you sat there and said well the offense just go the ball on their own 25, Quincy can get them down the field and score... NO.. It didn't happen!

I don't care what the results were, QC was the best option we had at that time, for that team, but put both in THIS offense, with these weapons and Quincy would pale in comparison.

kartr

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Let’s talk about his mobility; the guy could not hit the side of the barn while on the run. Elusive I'll give that to you but the guy scared the crud out of me when he would take off and try throwing the ball on the run. I also got sick of watching passes either to low or behind the WR going over the middle seldom could carter hit a moving target and allow the WR to make a run after the catch. I understand Bledsoe liabilities and do not see him as some savior but I do think we can win with him and allow this team more time to develop one of the 2 young QB sitting in the wings.

You're confusing Quincy's first two NFL games with the win over playoff bound San Francisco in 2001 and the win against Kerry Collins' Giants.
You're also forgetting about those stirring wins over the Titans,Rams and Carolina in 2002. You're also forgetting that we lost to the Giants, a playoff team, just 21-17 with Quincy and 37-7 with Hutch.

You're also forgetting him sweeping the Giants in 2003, the Commanders and being the first qb to beat the Eagles since the glory years, not to mention beating Carolina, a superbowl participant.

You have a skewed way of looking at things. Bledsoe lost to every team last year with a good defense and his defense actually got sacks,fumbles and ints and scored TD's in 2004, yet you make every excuse for him. Bledsoe played in the same offense for 3 years and just how long does it take to figure out that he needs to throw the ball away instead of taking sacks. Give Carter the offense that Bledsoe had last year and Buffalo would have finished second in their division. If you don't believe me, then tell me why that Santana Moss had his highest ypc with Carter and not Pennington and why Joey Galloway had a 21 ypc with Carter in 2003,the highest of his career.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The Bledsoe Bashing is sickening. If Mo Lewis had never hit Bledsoe and put him on the bench, Tom Brady would still be washing his Jock and the Pats would have been just as good, if not better.

If Buffalo hadn't signed a bunch of overrated bums on defense and kept Price, Centers, Remersma, etc they'd been a playoff team and possible superbowl contender.

Comparing trash like Quincy Carter to Bledsoe is like comparing a Kia to a Mercedes....not even close.

Drew is a statue......and he will get sacked and throw INT's, but then again so does every other QB in this league. But give this statue time and run the ball and i guarantee the headlines will read:

I have a bad feeling we will be hearing "Bledsoe to Dawkins" and "Bledsoe to Springs" far more often.....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
31smackdown said:
For the record I don't think Bledsoe is quite on the level that BledsoeToWitten is putting him on... that's kind of the other extreme, the guy is a middle of the pack QB. I think I would take him over the Jake Plummer's of the league. And let's not forget that he came real cheap, wether he starts or not.

Now... about this whole QC thing... why I bother responding, I don't know... Did you guys actually watch him play??... Do you really think his results were anything more than the result of good game coaching, limited responsibility and a good defense?.. I don't. The defense bailed him out on countless occasions and most of his more successgul plays seemed like either broken freelance ones, trick plays or plays that they had practiced for situations numerous times.

I barely remember more than 1 or 2 solid performances out of him, I sat there every game just hoping that he could execute the limited offense he was given to play with... it was a nightmare to watch. Can you really tell me that you sat there and said well the offense just go the ball on their own 25, Quincy can get them down the field and score... NO.. It didn't happen!

I don't care what the results were, QC was the best option we had at that time, for that team, but put both in THIS offense, with these weapons and Quincy would pale in comparison.

I agree! I'm under no illusion regarding Bledsoe, he is not going to carry this team on his shoulder. For Dallas to win it will take a lot of players stepping up and doing their jobs. As for QC I supported him for 3 years and what I was seeing was not impressive as far as I was concerned and I do think he is a mental weakling and not someone I would entrust at the QB position, backup maybe starting QB no

kartr

Reaction score
Princess said:
Why is it that every time QB's are talked about, it becomes a "QC this, QC that" thread????

I've got an idea... anytime anyone wants to bring up QC, just insert Roger Staubach or Troy Aikman instead. It would be much more interesting than discussing a nobody QB that didn't do squat for the team.... :)

Getting to the playoffs with a 10-6 record instead of the usual 5-11 is nothing.
Sheesh! Maybe wallowing in the gutter again for a few years will give a different perspective of QC down the line.

kartr

Reaction score

Ridiculous Hysteria should be your nickname.

Bledsoe was released in favor of much less experienced qb's, that says it all.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kartr said:
You're confusing Quincy's first two NFL games with the win over playoff bound San Francisco in 2001 and the win against Kerry Collins' Giants.
You're also forgetting about those stirring wins over the Titans,Rams and Carolina in 2002. You're also forgetting that we lost to the Giants, a playoff team, just 21-17 with Quincy and 37-7 with Hutch.

You're also forgetting him sweeping the Giants in 2003, the Commanders and being the first qb to beat the Eagles since the glory years, not to mention beating Carolina, a superbowl participant.

You have a skewed way of looking at things. Bledsoe lost to every team last year with a good defense and his defense actually got sacks,fumbles and ints and scored TD's in 2004, yet you make every excuse for him. Bledsoe played in the same offense for 3 years and just how long does it take to figure out that he needs to throw the ball away instead of taking sacks. Give Carter the offense that Bledsoe had last year and Buffalo would have finished second in their division. If you don't believe me, then tell me why that Santana Moss had his highest ypc with Carter and not Pennington and why Joey Galloway had a 21 ypc with Carter in 2003,the highest of his career.

I'm not confusing nothing I have watched every single game Carter has played in and the fact of the matter is he is not that good no matter how you slice it. Lastly we are talking about a QB that no NFL team is in a hurry to get, in the NFL where finding a quality QB is very hard to do no one is showing much of an interest in him so while you may think the world of him few around the NFL share your views.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
kartr said:
Getting to the playoffs with a 10-6 record instead of the usual 5-11 is nothing.
Sheesh! Maybe wallowing in the gutter again for a few years will give a different perspective of QC down the line.

And that 10-6 had nothing to do with any of the star players that we had at the time or the "healthier" defense the team enjoyed that "ONE" season. Like I said... It would be so much more enjoyable to insert Roger or Troy's names... Even Danny White...QB's that truly were great, were "team players", "DRUG FREE", and that had staying power and heart. Oh, and performances that QC will never enjoy in his career.

QC wasn't squat.

I'd rather give Brainpaint a tummy ache saying Hogaboom all day.... sorry BP :p:

Merlin

Reaction score
kartr said:

What team does Quincy play for now? He stepped in after the starting QB went down. He didn't take them anywhere. They were a good team to begin with.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
kartr said:
If you don't believe me, then tell me why that Santana Moss had his highest ypc with Carter and not Pennington

ONE MORE TIME.

If you are referring to Santana's 25.0 ypc in the Ravens game, on three passes, refer again to the previous week, when he caught six passes for 157 yards on six passes. That was a 26.2 ypc day, courtesy of Chad Pennington.

Of course, the more passes you catch, the more likely your YPC will go DOWN, which is why I will refrain from mentioning Santana's career game stat..of 35 yards. It came in his rookie year vs the Phins but it was on one pass, so hardly qualifies as an "average".

Quincy was barely adequate with the Jets.

End of story.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Merlin said:
What team does Quincy play for now? He stepped in after the starting QB went down. He didn't take them anywhere. They were a good team to begin with.

I agree different than being the full time starter. Garrett started 5 games for Dallas with the team winning 3 of those starts, throwing 5 TD passes and 3 Ints but no one ever confussed Garrett with a starting QB.

kartr

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
QC got a ride off the defense, QB with low passing rating and throwing more int than TD is not a QB who Lead his team anywheres you may buy it I don't not for a second. You can drool over him all you want personally I could careless and damn glad we shipped his sorry butt out of here.

I wasn't aware that our defense set passing yardage records in 2003. Qb ratings are a reflection of the talent around a qb as much his own. Receivers dont throw the ball to themselves, but they have to catch it on their own and they have break tackles and elude tackles on their own. More td's than ints is desirable, but Phil Simms managed to lead a team to the superbowl with more ints, and nobody says he was crappy superbowl.
Gee, by your reckoning, with Peyton Manning's numbers, he should have won 4 superbowls by now, but he hasn't and he's got a top 5 RB,two first round WR's and a first round TE, and a line that gives him all day to look over the field,plus last year his defense held the Pats to 6 points at half time. Where was his high qb rating then? Why did he walk off the field with his head down and his tale between his legs?