I'm sick and tired of the bashing and pessimism about this team!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kartr said:
I wasn't aware that our defense set passing yardage records in 2003. Qb ratings are a reflection of the talent around a qb as much his own. Receivers dont throw the ball to themselves, but they have to catch it on their own and they have break tackles and elude tackles on their own. More td's than ints is desirable, but Phil Simms managed to lead a team to the superbowl with more ints, and nobody says he was crappy superbowl.
Gee, by your reckoning, with Peyton Manning's numbers, he should have won 4 superbowls by now, but he hasn't and he's got a top 5 RB,two first round WR's and a first round TE, and a line that gives him all day to look over the field,plus last year his defense held the Pats to 6 points at half time. Where was his high qb rating then? Why did he walk off the field with his head down and his tale between his legs?

I'm going by the shatty passes that Carter would constantly throw god I have never seen someone who locked in on a QB who no one is giving him the time of day to. Go play with your XBox

By the way Phil Simms only had 2 season in which his Ints were more than the TD passes he threw

kartr

Reaction score
31smackdown said:
For the record I don't think Bledsoe is quite on the level that BledsoeToWitten is putting him on... that's kind of the other extreme, the guy is a middle of the pack QB. I think I would take him over the Jake Plummer's of the league. And let's not forget that he came real cheap, wether he starts or not.

Now... about this whole QC thing... why I bother responding, I don't know... Did you guys actually watch him play??... Do you really think his results were anything more than the result of good game coaching, limited responsibility and a good defense?.. I don't. The defense bailed him out on countless occasions and most of his more successgul plays seemed like either broken freelance ones, trick plays or plays that they had practiced for situations numerous times.

I barely remember more than 1 or 2 solid performances out of him, I sat there every game just hoping that he could execute the limited offense he was given to play with... it was a nightmare to watch. Can you really tell me that you sat there and said well the offense just go the ball on their own 25, Quincy can get them down the field and score... NO.. It didn't happen!

I don't care what the results were, QC was the best option we had at that time, for that team, but put both in THIS offense, with these weapons and Quincy would pale in comparison.

Maybe you didn't know that Carter averaged 209 yards a game in 2002 without Parcells and no tight end and an aging E Smith, a inconsistent Galloway and a rookie Wr in Bryant. Maybe you didn't know that he had 6 consecutive 200 yard games, tying an Aikman record in just his 2nd year would have broken that record if not for the Hutch nonsense. Maybe you didn't know that when we lost to Arizona, that Kerry Collins and the Giants had lost to them the week before in that desert heat and Collins had a horrible game. Maybe you didn't know that when we were 3-4, so was half the league, putting us right in the middle of things. Maybe you didn't know that we were about 18th in passing yardage. Maybe you didn't know that we went 2-9 without Carter against the weakest part of our schedule and finished 31st in passing after Carter's benching. Pale in comparison. He didn't pale in comparison in 2003. He outplayed Bledsoe with a worser supporting cast. Hambrick dropped a pass while wide open and ran so poorly, he was benched in favor of Adrian Morrell, a 33 year rb who began the season sitting on this couch. It just showed that if Carter had a half way decent back to balance the offense, he could win games.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Maybe he DOES know all that.

And maybe he DOESN'T CARE.

As someone said yesterday, Quincy is now two seasons out of here.

Let it go. Geez.

scottsp

Reaction score
BledsoetoWittenfortheTD said:
Look I'm sick and tired of the negativety over this team. I hear the same garbage over and over:

We are too old?

Bledsoe sucks, he's worset than vinny, overrated, finished, blah blah?

The line is too old and overrated?

We have no speed at WR?

The switch to the 3-4 is a mistake?

Anthony Henry was a waste of money?

Terrance Newman is a bust?

Roy Williams can't tackle?

We have the worse linebackers in the league?

Parcells time has passed?

We are too old?

We are no beter than 3rd place in the division?

GIVE ME A BREAK! THIS GARBAGE MAKES ME WANT TO THROW UP!

Look Drew Bledsoe is a solid quarterback first off. He's way better than Vinny, Quincy or any of the other trash that's played the position since Aikman. I'm sick of people knocking this guy when all he's done is pass for 40,000 yards and put up solid numbers his whole career. Is he a statue? Absolutely, but I like his chances on a team better suited and more talented than Buffalo is. That team was a joke. The only reason Bledsoe was cut was to save money and he didn't fit into the game plan. Also their idiot GM don't know how to treat NFL players. Look at the whole Travis Henry thing. Drew will flourish in a parcells system. Julius will be the focal point, and Witten will destroy defenses with Bledsoe finding him downfield. Leave Bledsoe alone and give him a chance before you criticize him.

We had the best offseason in the league. Bringing in proven veterans and drafting key players on defense. If we can go 6-10 during a 'transition' season I have know doubt we can be at least a 10 win team with what we've added. Aaron Glenn was a steal, Ferguson is still a force (both parcells guys by the way). Henry will be an excellent fit despite the critism. Rivera still has a season or two left if his back is ok. Julius Jones should be a beast and lead the NFC in rushing, and if he can't last the season....by the way we did sign a 1000 yard rusher in A-Train Thomas. Witten is entering his prime and it's scary to think of how his numbers will get even better with Drew throwing to him.

The bottom line: Give this team a chance, we are obviously built to win now. I'm not concerned with the deadskins. Eli Manning and the Giants are not on par with us. The Egirls are the only concern, but there time has passeda and all good things must come to an end. Lets get optimistic because Big D is back and it's time to reclaim what is rightfully ours: The NFC East and NFC Superiority. I honestly look at the schedule and see 12-4 written all over it!

Gotta love the dead of July.

None of us knows exactly how this thing is going to unfold until the boys lace 'em up for real. Until then, 12-4, 8-9, 2-14...it's all pretty much conjecture. For me. For you.

And because of that, no one's view should be discounted. But then again, this is a rah-rah thread to begin with. And that's all good as well. :)

Reaction score
My sentiments exactly i mean training camp hasn't even started and there are some idiots talking like we are a 1-15 team i see 11-5 and deep into the playoffs

blindzebra

Reaction score
I go away for a little while and a thread that had some good natured kidding, a bit of naughtiness, and a pretty good...if I can be so immodest...6 degrees of Mel Brooks take on Juke gets hijacked by our little Q-troll.

Enough is enough already, TC is almost here, and none of us are that bored.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Look I'm sick ...
We are too old?
Bledsoe sucks, he's worset than vinny, overrated, finished, blah blah?
The line is too old and overrated?
We have no speed at WR?
The switch to the 3-4 is a mistake?
Anthony Henry was a waste of money?
Terrance Newman is a bust?
Roy Williams can't tackle?
We have the worse linebackers in the league?
Parcells time has passed?
We are too old?
We are no beter than 3rd place in the division?
GIVE ME A BREAK! THIS GARBAGE MAKES ME WANT TO THROW UP!

BTWFTTD,

You must be trying to insight a riot; otherwise you must have come straight from the "Message Board from Hell!" Because aside from the moderators here, the fans wouldn't have tolerated any opponent team fans talking that amount of gar-baje'.

And some of the stuff you claim is being said I wouldn't even have thought of ...

Roy Williams can't tackle -- that's almost an oxymoron!

So, I'm Not certain what kind Of hornets nest you're trying to create here, But I'm not buying into it. As far as I'm concerned, all team have a "Tabula Rosa" (Latin for a clean slate).

Comprende!?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
As far as I'm concerned, all team have a "Tabula Rosa" (Latin for a clean slate).

Comprende!?
"Tabula Rosa" is a rock band.

Tabula rasa
means clean slate.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Princess said:
I don't know about that.... it might make things more fun for all involved... if you know what I mean... :) :cool: ;) :D
Wow.

My sister's a perv.

:grin:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Tabula rasa means clean slate.
/QUOTE]

Actually, ...tabula rasa - Meaning:
'scraped tablet' (from the Romans' use of wax-covered tablets which could be written on with a pointed stick and cleared by smoothing over the surface); a mind without any preconceived ideas.

Reaction score
i agree with u ...giving time quincy would have probally made a good NFL qb but he couldn't keep his head together (drugs).I am still ticked that he wasted such an opportunity and that is why no team will touch him not because of a lack talent or potential

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
i am cautiously optimistic about this team.

i think they could have a great year....or, we could find out they aren't ready just yet.

either way, this season has promise. we are definitely back on the way up.

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
BTWFTTD,

You must be trying to insight a riot; otherwise you must have come straight from the "Message Board from Hell!" Because aside from the moderators here, the fans wouldn't have tolerated any opponent team fans talking that amount of gar-baje'.

And some of the stuff you claim is being said I wouldn't even have thought of ...

Roy Williams can't tackle -- that's almost an oxymoron!

So, I'm Not certain what kind Of hornets nest you're trying to create here, But I'm not buying into it. As far as I'm concerned, all team have a "Tabula Rosa" (Latin for a clean slate).

Comprende!?

Get a life and get the hell of this board you ignorant Egirls homer....your right the stuff I said came from your stupid message board mostly. All the homerism makes me sick and I'm not even going to bother with your site anymore because the mods are downright biased extremist pieces of dog turd. But there is way too many negative fans on this site as well. I'm sick of Dallas fans not stepping to the plate and supporting their team. We are going to be no worse than 10-6 this year. But realistically 12-4.

Quincy Carter was not a good QB period....and he's not the reason we went to the playoffs. He's nothing more than an arena QB in comparison to Bledsoe. Get off Andy Reid and McGarbage's weiner and talk to me when you win five superbowls, or even one for that matter. Get the broom out because we are sweeping you clowns to the curb with the rest of the NFC East trash this season. 3 Straight blowouts in the NFC Championship, and another sorry performance in the superbowl.....I'd call you the Bills of the NFC, but at least they made it to 4 straight superbowls and got it handed to them personally by Big D.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Tsk,Tsk. Mods, can you move this to smack talk please.

When I was on this morning and saw the name of the newest member, I had a feeling your first post would be interesting.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
this "new math" sucks. :D

wouldn't the upcoming season have to end before Carter was "two seasons" removed from QBing the Cowboys?

'cuz last i looked - we've only played one season post his departure...

as far as i've learned in 46 short years of exposure to mathematical concepts - 1=1.

one question, tho. if these new "theories" gain acceptance....

am i 47 or 92 years old?

now take it away willie nelson singing "i'm my own grandpa"...

billknows

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
*sigh*

And to think, before he was kicked off the team he was our savior. Now he's horrid. :rolleyes:

I think he is much better than Carter,and heres why. When the statue that is Blodsoe gets knocked out ,..in will step the future , his name is Drew Henson...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Tsk,Tsk. Mods, can you move this to smack talk please.

When I was on this morning and saw the name of the newest member, I had a feeling your first post would be interesting.

No offense brah but its bad enough when a Cowboys fan tells the mods how to do there jobs, and youre a skins fan.

Let the mods do there thing.

If you want smack i could talk some smack about baltimore and the obvious coincidence of Watters being for there and Pink Flamingo.

I was never so happy to see virginia in my life.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
All the homerism makes me sick and I'm not even going to bother with your site anymore because the mods are downright biased extremist pieces of dog turd.

Sounds like someone got their wittle feelings hurt on the Eagles site. Either you have thin skin or you got banned (and judging by the way you take things so personal, it's probably the latter).

But there is way too many negative fans on this site ... I'm sick of Dallas fans ...

Man you're just mean! You don't even support your own fans. Think I'll leave you to yourself. But you're wrong about this site not stepping to plate -- there's some classy Cowbozoys fans here -- and some TROLLS!:eek:

Perhaps this post needs to terminate or move.