I'm sick and tired of the bashing and pessimism about this team!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
this "new math" sucks. :D

wouldn't the upcoming season have to end before Carter was "two seasons" removed from QBing the Cowboys?

'cuz last i looked - we've only played one season post his departure...

as far as i've learned in 46 short years of exposure to mathematical concepts - 1=1.

one question, tho. if these new "theories" gain acceptance....

am i 47 or 92 years old?

now take it away willie nelson singing "i'm my own grandpa"...

You're 139. :D

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Zone 101: Football Season Posting

Step 1: Regular Season Ending Depression ("Well, we really blew this season." or "What can we do to improve the team next year?")

Step 2: Free Agency Hype ("OMG!? *** are Jerry and Bill doing? Sign someone!!" or "Wow! We really kicked some arse when we signed _________!")

Step 3: Draft Frenzy ("OMG! OMG! Who will we pick fellas???" or "Jerry just picked WHO in the second round???")

Step 4: Renewed Hype for Next Regular Season ("I tell ya, those new signings and draft picks are going to put us over the top!" or "This new coach/offense/defense is going to put us over the top!")

Step 5: Hesitant Excitement aka Reality ("Wait a second fellas, we still have a lot of problems!" or "We're gonna suck again.")

Step 6: Screw All You Glass Half-Empty People Retaliation ("Well to hell with all of you pessimists, beacuse I believe the hype in Steps 2, 3 and 4!" or "To hell with it, I don't care what holes this team has, I'm reading for some FOOTBALL!")

Step 7: Training Camp and PreSeason Overrating ("OMG! Did you see (insert scrub player here) make that catch?? Dude is going to be a star one day when he gets off the bench!" or "Wow! So and so is really in shape this year!")

Step 8: Regular Season ("Wow. We really do suck this year." or "Great improvement this year, we'll build on it for next season!")

...........Rinse and Repeat............. :)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score

Great post, TBC!!!!!!!!

Here's to Step 7!!
Step 7: Training Camp and PreSeason Overrating ("OMG! Did you see (insert scrub player here) make that catch?? Dude is going to be a star one day when he gets off the bench!" or "Wow! So and so is really in shape this year!")

One of the best times of the year - proclaiming every camp fodder scub's mediocre catch, pass, or tackle superior to the players' you want to see unseated.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Wow.

My sister's a perv.

:grin:

Geez... you are sooooo slow. I think you are the only one on this site that hadn't figured that out yet... trickblue and BP figured that out a long time ago. Wake up big brother....

31smackdown

Reaction score
We are going to be no worse than 10-6 this year. But realistically 12-4.

OK.. you are officially delusional

Bottom line on the Quincy thing... throw the stats out the window, regardless of who they favor. I already said that QC was the best QB for that team because he could elude the rush and extend the play. But you can't have an inconsistant/freelancing QB, that can't operate within the full offense as your starter. Can he get the job done, sure, but he would be a coaches nightmare. Every play is a new adventure, Bledsoe may be the anti-QC. If everybody executes, he will put the ball where it needs to go and on time and that is controllable and coachable. It's great if you can create things, but you need to execute the playbook first. This is what makes the McNabbs and Culpeppers...as much as I dislike both.. effective QB's because not only can they improvise when the play breaks down, but they can execute the playbook as intended. This comes from not only fully understanding your offense, but also from the ability to read defenses and being able to anticipate and make the throws on time.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
31smackdown said:
both.. effective QB's because not only can they improvise when the play breaks down, but they can execute the playbook as intended.

Agree. Those are two very powerful attributes in any QB!

kartr

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Maybe he DOES know all that.

And maybe he DOESN'T CARE.

As someone said yesterday, Quincy is now two seasons out of here.

Let it go. Geez.

Let the Q bashing go since he's out of here, then I'll do the same.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
BledsoetoWittenfortheTD said:
Look I'm sick and tired of the negativety over this team. I hear the same garbage over and over:

We are too old?

Bledsoe sucks, he's worset than vinny, overrated, finished, blah blah?

The line is too old and overrated?

We have no speed at WR?

The switch to the 3-4 is a mistake?

Anthony Henry was a waste of money?

Terrance Newman is a bust?

Roy Williams can't tackle?

We have the worse linebackers in the league?

Parcells time has passed?

We are too old?

We are no beter than 3rd place in the division?

GIVE ME A BREAK! THIS GARBAGE MAKES ME WANT TO THROW UP!

Look Drew Bledsoe is a solid quarterback first off. He's way better than Vinny, Quincy or any of the other trash that's played the position since Aikman. I'm sick of people knocking this guy when all he's done is pass for 40,000 yards and put up solid numbers his whole career. Is he a statue? Absolutely, but I like his chances on a team better suited and more talented than Buffalo is. That team was a joke. The only reason Bledsoe was cut was to save money and he didn't fit into the game plan. Also their idiot GM don't know how to treat NFL players. Look at the whole Travis Henry thing. Drew will flourish in a parcells system. Julius will be the focal point, and Witten will destroy defenses with Bledsoe finding him downfield. Leave Bledsoe alone and give him a chance before you criticize him.

We had the best offseason in the league. Bringing in proven veterans and drafting key players on defense. If we can go 6-10 during a 'transition' season I have know doubt we can be at least a 10 win team with what we've added. Aaron Glenn was a steal, Ferguson is still a force (both parcells guys by the way). Henry will be an excellent fit despite the critism. Rivera still has a season or two left if his back is ok. Julius Jones should be a beast and lead the NFC in rushing, and if he can't last the season....by the way we did sign a 1000 yard rusher in A-Train Thomas. Witten is entering his prime and it's scary to think of how his numbers will get even better with Drew throwing to him.

The bottom line: Give this team a chance, we are obviously built to win now. I'm not concerned with the deadskins. Eli Manning and the Giants are not on par with us. The Egirls are the only concern, but there time has passeda and all good things must come to an end. Lets get optimistic because Big D is back and it's time to reclaim what is rightfully ours: The NFC East and NFC Superiority. I honestly look at the schedule and see 12-4 written all over it!

Umm , How long have you been a cowboys fan? Dude get used to it. I know when b.s is flying around especially b.s that isn't true... YOU WANNA KILL THAT PERSON. But just get used to it , your either love the cowboys or hate em. There is NO in between.

kartr

Reaction score
Princess said:
And that 10-6 had nothing to do with any of the star players that we had at the time or the "healthier" defense the team enjoyed that "ONE" season. Like I said... It would be so much more enjoyable to insert Roger or Troy's names... Even Danny White...QB's that truly were great, were "team players", "DRUG FREE", and that had staying power and heart. Oh, and performances that QC will never enjoy in his career.

QC wasn't squat.

I'd rather give Brainpaint a tummy ache saying Hogaboom all day.... sorry BP :p:

A little perspective:
QB winning percentages:

Carter.................. .529 former Cowboy, looks who's on top, Ha! Ha!

Hasselbeck............ .519
Griese................... .515 Parcell's didn't want because he's a 8-8 qb
look at the Bledsoe's record and tell me how
he's an upgrade
Bledsoe................. .503 current Cowboy
Culpepper.............. .493
Collins................... .477
Garcia................... .469
Plummer................. .450
Vinny..................... .429 former Cowboy
Harrington............... .318
Hutch..................... .214 former Cowboy

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Do you seriously believe that Carter is a better QB than Culpepper ? I wont even discuss Bledsoe at this point. But better than Culpepper...come on. And I dont even like Culpepper.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
kartr said:
A little perspective:
QB winning percentages:

he's an upgrade

Kurt Warner's winning % is nearly .700 but do you see many teams going after him? :confused: Winning %, when you depend on so many other players, is a useless stat.

kartr

Reaction score
31smackdown said:
OK.. you are officially delusional

Bottom line on the Quincy thing... throw the stats out the window, regardless of who they favor. I already said that QC was the best QB for that team because he could elude the rush and extend the play. But you can't have an inconsistant/freelancing QB, that can't operate within the full offense as your starter. Can he get the job done, sure, but he would be a coaches nightmare. Every play is a new adventure, Bledsoe may be the anti-QC. If everybody executes, he will put the ball where it needs to go and on time and that is controllable and coachable. It's great if you can create things, but you need to execute the playbook first. This is what makes the McNabbs and Culpeppers...as much as I dislike both.. effective QB's because not only can they improvise when the play breaks down, but they can execute the playbook as intended. This comes from not only fully understanding your offense, but also from the ability to read defenses and being able to anticipate and make the throws on time.

But Bledsoe failed to execute the playbook in Buffalo, that's why he's here.
If he was so good.........

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
kartr said:
A little perspective:
QB winning percentages:

he's an upgrade

I didn't refer to any of those QB's... I referred to other former "Cowboys" QB's - Roger, Danny and Troy... How does QC stack up to those three GREAT former Cowboys QB's???? If I want to compare current QB's to the QB's of the past, QC won't be the one I'll use

Mkyle

Benched
Reaction score
All youz guy and gals don't get it with QC! QC done won is 11 games, that is 89.746 % of any games other QB have won for there team.

QC had like about 6 200 yard passing game, which is I think about 93.663 % better then any QB the Cowboys ever had. Staubach only had 83.874 % of passing yards.

QC scrambled with his given mobility about 84.6 times and averaged abound 35 to 40 yards each scrambled, which amounts to I think about a whopping 98.228 yards better then Fram Tarkenton ever scrambled.

QC recievers ran the wrong routes 76.492 % of the time, and QC still hit them 88.309 % of the time which is a astounding 123.878 % better then Marino every did in Miami, or what Manning is doing now.

QC had the wrong play sent in to him 44.223 % of time, and he had to audible to the right play 53.995 % of time to make sure that he executed the play to Bryant who ran the wrong route 81.443 % of time, so that not QC fault.

QC o-line showed up overwieght 87.888 % of time, and they could not block for him 91.321 % of time causing QC to scramble 77.343 % of time so that not QC fault either.

QC was first to be dressed for games at least I thnk 98.211 % of time and the rest of the team dress late at least 112.222 % of time, that why QC had to wait for the Nationl Antheym 78.229 % of time. So get your facts stright before you talkd abd hate on QC. If QC still be with the team we would win this year based on his past stats, at least I think about 99.999 % of time or maybe even 100.899 % ot time.

Get your facts stright with QC before you hate on him...and too, QC only smoked pot 90 % of time, the other 24 % he was asleep or reading his playbook 23.883 % of time.

JJ messed up when he let QC go 100.000 % ot time.

blindzebra

Reaction score
kartr said:

You are the one teeing him up to get bashed by continuously injecting him into threads and then by flat out making crap up to support him.

You want it to stop?

Really simple, go away and stop trolling for reactions.

Reaction score
kartr said:
A little perspective:
QB winning percentages:

he's an upgrade

Wow this is truly sad that your boasting over Carter's illustrious career and gaudy winning percentage considering the fact HE PLAYED ONE FREAKIN SEASON.

Also I love you stat boys and how you point out Drew's career winning percentage...do you not understand that at the beginning of his career he played on a horrible Pats team(the reason he was drafted #1 overall) also at the end before the fateful 01' season, the Pats were horrible under Carroll and Bellechek's first season. Also playing for a pathetic buffalo franchise did nothing to help those numbers the last 3 years.

There's great players on teams from all sports that post great numbers, but have a lifetime .500 record or worse because the teams around them sucked azz. Give Drew a chance this season before you write him off, jesus christ vinnie testaverde won 6 games on a team that had far less talent than this one....VINEY TESTAVERDE PEOPLE!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
kartr said:
I noticed once again you didn't respond to the Moss refutation. You continually post untrue info, then ignore the facts when posted in response.

I am sure next week I will see once again some nonsense about how Moss had his best game with Carter. SURE of it.

Usually that crap I find amusing, but it's starting to annoy me.

BTW, I haven't been in ANY way, shape, or form a Q basher. I WAS one of his biggest supporters here, and supported him in NY as well.

But you are making me dislike the man, with the constant bringing up of a player who no longer has anything to do with the team.

What really is stunning that EMMITT SMITH, in the first month after his release, got nothing like the verbiage Carter does almost full year after his.

I mean, EMMITT freaking SMITH.

One more thing - suppose EVERYONE did what you do regarding a released player they like?

Everytime ANYTHING about ANY receiver was posted, ran in with a defense of AB, or anytime any defensive back got mentioned, started to whine about Pete Hunter. Oh, poor Ekuban, he never got no love. My poor lil baby Tham...he was so unappreciated.

Boo hoo.

You apparently want folks to say positive things about Q they just don't believe. It ain't gonna happen.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I noticed once again you didn't respond to the Moss refutation. You continually post untrue info, then ignore the facts when posted in response.

I am sure next week I will see once again some nonsense about how Moss had his best game with Carter. SURE of it.

Usually that crap I find amusing, but it's starting to annoy me.

BTW, I haven't been in ANY way, shape, or form a Q basher. I WAS one of his biggest supporters here, and supported him in NY as well.

But you are making me dislike the man, with the constant bringing up of a player who no longer has anything to do with the team.

What really is stunning that EMMITT SMITH, in the first month after his release, got nothing like the verbiage Carter does almost full year after his.

I mean, EMMITT freaking SMITH.

One more thing - suppose EVERYONE did what you do regarding a released player they like?

Everytime ANYTHING about ANY receiver was posted, ran in with a defense of AB, or anytime any defensive back got mentioned, started to whine about Pete Hunter. Oh, poor Ekuban, he never got no love. My poor lil baby Tham...he was so unappreciated.

Boo hoo.

You apparently want folks to say positive things about Q they just don't believe. It ain't gonna happen.

DAMN LTN, tell us how you really feel.... :eek: