I'm willing to give Dak one more chance

MCMetal69

Reaction score
I'll say it again, I have zero problem with Dak as a developmental project and long term backup QB at worst.

2016 was the worst thing that could have happened to him, especially with Romo's injury in Seattle. If Romo could have started another year or two with Dak holding a clipboard and learning, we would be so much better off than we are right now.

So would Dak.

Well , that time has come and gone ; the question is what do we do now ????????????

wileedog

Reaction score
Well , that time has come and gone ; the question is what do we do now ????????????
Doesn't matter what we should do, Jerry is doubling down on Dak.

To me right answer is draft a QB, but the 1st for 2019 is gone so we will probably be talking about this a year or two from now.

Yay?

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what we should do, Jerry is doubling down on Dak.

To me right answer is draft a QB, but the 1st for 2019 is gone so we will probably be talking about this a year or two from now.

Yay?

Only guy I see worth drafting QB-wise is the kid from Oregon , who you won't get unless you have the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft , anyway...........

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Agreed, all the more stupid the Cooper trade was (and I like Cooper).
Given our draft picks (no #1, hopefully not trading 2020 picks to get back in the first), Jackson from Buffalo is prob our best bet tbh.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Not wrong but not the full picture.

A lot of media reports have cited Sanchez as the primary influence to Dak prior to Romo officially "passing the torch" and continuing to be a great influence after that.

Sanchez is currently a FA. K. Moore is a joke.

The move this team NEEDs to make is to fire K. Moore and bring Sanchez in as QB coach.

I agree. Heads needs to roll right now. If they are really invested in Dak's future why do they have a clown for a QB coach?

If Mark Sanchez doesn't pan out at least the FO has every reason not to give Dak a contract.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I agree. Heads needs to roll right now. If they are really invested in Dak's future why do they have a clown for a QB coach?

If Mark Sanchez doesn't pan out at least the FO has every reason not to give Dak a contract.
Agreed here.

Sanchez and Dak's rapport was well reported on and has been cited many times since. At least it gives the kid a chance to prove he can be our QB. K. Moore does nothing for anyone.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
We all know that the Commander in Clapping is useless, but he isn't going anywhere.

Now Moore? That is a trigger that Jerry may pull.

Which is pointless as long as the guys that chose them are still holding onto their positions.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Which is pointless as long as the guys that chose them are still holding onto their positions.
Eh, I won't disagree, but 2016 did happen, and Dak looked like a Mahomes caliber guy. Sanchez was in his ear for much of that season. Romo isn't coming back to be QB coach, or anything less than head coach.

This is an actionable move that has real upside, and frankly with Kellen Moore being the cost, no real downside.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
...with a different coaching staff.
Dak looks dreadful, but how many players could play well when the defense literally knows your play calls before you do? When your OC refuses to adapt to anything you do well and forces you to run plays that you don't? When they take out your freaking #1 WR on 1st and 10 to telegraph a run play and leave you in 2nd and long every time? When the guy coaching you every day is the same guy you beat out in practice?

I'm just saying. This may be a Dak problem and not a Garrett and Linehan problem, but I'm willing to take the final year of Dak's rookie deal to find out for sure.

Dak *has* played well, and as a rookie at that.

We can get an OC better than Linehan easily. I'd let Dak call his plays before Linehan at OC.

But starting QBs who go to pro bowls as rookies don't grow on trees. Dump Linehan ASAP, and give Dak a chance to be something.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Even Witten was calling out the terrible play calling and playbook, saying that this coaching staff is not giving the proper opportunities to Dak .

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Even Witten was calling out the terrible play calling and playbook, saying that this coaching staff is not giving the proper opportunities to Dak .

And Romo was critical of Dak's play as was Aikman. So I'll trust Witten on his critique of the overall scheme but two former QBs on the play of Dak.

You can have a gourmet chef come in but he can't give you the fine dining experience you want if all he's got is gummy bears and spam for ingredients.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Eh, I won't disagree, but 2016 did happen, and Dak looked like a Mahomes caliber guy. Sanchez was in his ear for much of that season. Romo isn't coming back to be QB coach, or anything less than head coach.

This is an actionable move that has real upside, and frankly with Kellen Moore being the cost, no real downside.

He looked nothing like Mahomes. You may as well be saying that Dak looked like Peyton or Brady when they each threw for 50+ TDs. 3,000 yards and 29 TDs after 9 games. Mahomes could end up with the best season any QB ever has in the history of the game.

gmb1

Reaction score
We have no choice but to give Dak a chance. We can't even try to tank the season because Oakland would have a better draft pick. The Cowboys might do enough tanking without trying.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
He looked nothing like Mahomes. You may as well be saying that Dak looked like Peyton or Brady when they each threw for 50+ TDs. 3,000 yards and 29 TDs after 9 games. Mahomes could end up with the best season any QB ever has in the history of the game.
@Hoofbite you're taking that statement too literally.

What I meant was he was the talk of the league, the "next big thing".

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You know, I can understand the thought process of not wanting to get your QB injured, but... This particular game obviously needed it and we needed this particular game for salvaging any hope on the season. I simply just don't get it.
I dont get it either but we arent super smart football genius's like the jones boys are.:muttley:
I dont think anybody understands it, even the announcers last nite were saying some of the same stuff we say here.
And I just dont get why they would not let or use dak as a runner in the game last nite.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I want a QB that can throw the ball. I'm just tired of the QB "scramblers" running the ball to get down the field. I've seen enough of that **** with Romo and Dak. Just f***ing tired of it. No More "scramblers." (As I defined it).
Agreed, but then you HAVE to have an O-line that can actually make reads and BLOCK! Good grief, the few plays I watched, Prescott had half a second to dump the ball in a long drawn out vanilla play called from that idiot Linehan.... ALOT of this is on Dak, but a whole lot more is on the sorry, unprepared coaching staff.