In our division who scares you the most?

juck

Reaction score
who scares u the most?Honestly mine is the Commanders.I hate to admit that.They are going to be very tough unless Brunell goes down.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
juckie said:
who scares u the most?Honestly mine is the Commanders.I hate to admit that.They are going to be very tough unless Brunell goes down.

I think the Giants have better all around talent and a young QB who I think will only improve. Neither team scares me but right now I think the Giants are the better team between them and Washington

superpunk

Reaction score
If we take care of our bizness, there is no team in the division or the conference that scares me.

If I really had to pick, it would be the Giants.

Scotman

Reaction score
I must look at this all wrong. EVERY team scares me. Whoever's next on the list scares the tar out of me. Whoever everyone isn't worried about scares me (like Houston's debut). Anyone who's supposed to be an easy win. I also worry about the tough teams. I worry about showing up flat.

In fact, I spend most of the season sick with the anticipation of each game.

I remember a game some 20 years ago when we were supposed to beat the Giants. It was just going to be a W. We ended up getting beat something like 40-15. I don't remember the exact numbers or the year, but it had a tremendous impact on me. The term any given Sunday still stands. Especially in your own division.

Anyone who isn't worried about any of the other three is coming from a completely different mindset than I am. Do I think we'll win. Heck yeah. I think 15-0 would be a great start to the season. But I'd be worried to death about that 16th game. :)

There's no hope for me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Scotman said:
I must look at this all wrong. EVERY team scares me. Whoever's next on the list scares the tar out of me. Whoever everyone isn't worried about scares me (like Houston's debut). Anyone who's supposed to be an easy win. I also worry about the tough teams. I worry about showing up flat.

In fact, I spend most of the season sick with the anticipation of each game.

I remember a game some 20 years ago when we were supposed to beat the Giants. It was just going to be a W. We ended up getting beat something like 40-15. I don't remember the exact numbers or the year, but it had a tremendous impact on me. The term any given Sunday still stands. Especially in your own division.

Anyone who isn't worried about any of the other three is coming from a completely different mindset than I am. Do I think we'll win. Heck yeah. I think 15-0 would be a great start to the season. But I'd be worried to death about that 16th game. :)

There's no hope for me.

I have concerns over every game even aginst so called weak teams but I also feel that we are putting together a pretty good team of our own and have the ability to win games even aginst top teams

ravidubey

Reaction score
Philadelphia has the best QB, best offensive coach, and revamped O and D lines-- so they scare me the most. They know how to win and have something to prove. Washington and New York were very lucky last year to have played Philadelphia late-- post TO fiasco and massive injuries. They even played Philly without Donovan McNabb. Philadelphia's OL has a chance to become dominant and I only thank Andy Reid's pass-happy nature for delaying this inevitable turn. They draft these guys in the 1st round every year and then take them out of the game by turning them into passive pass blockers! IMO, you want these guys mauling people like they did to us in Philadelphia for three and a half quarters. If Reid turns that OL loose, Philadelphia might become the NFC's best once more.

Washington has great potential if they can play as well as they did down the stretch last year. But they can't. I think their secondary is good but vulnerable, their linebacking solid but suspect, and their DL very, very overrated. Andre Carter is a bust. What Washington fans don't realize is their defense is a bend-don't-break unit that scores high statistically because their offense is so conservative. And that's the crux, their offense did not seriously improve the way it needed to. The key in Brunell and he has to play as well as he did last year which was his best season. They need receivers who can improve Brunell's accuracy and instead they got guys who need accurate passers to throw them the ball. Also, no one is going to let Santana Moss sneak up on them anymore. You'll see more of what Seattle did to them in the playoffs-- choking off their best WR and forcing the other guys to beat them. Despite multiple turnovers in their favor, Washington couldn't beat Seattle.

New York had the easiest schedule of any of the East teams last year, gaining an extra home game vs New Orleans and they also seemed to always be facing teams at the right times. This team scares me the least and will finish in last place.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I suspect the division will look like this baring major injuries to all teams.
  1. Dallas
  2. Washington
  3. Giants
  4. Eagles
I think Dallas and Washington will split this season. I think Dallas will have the better record overall as I think Washington will stumble a few times.

As for the Giants.. I see lots of great things, but I also see lots of problems. I think Plaxico will come around but will still cause some disruption because Eli still gets over excited and makes mistakes. Until he learns to control himself in pressure situations he will be a libability when they occur.

The Eagles. The will need another year to recover although I expect to see improvement this year. Just not enough to overcome the beastly east.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
We just did one of these not too long ago but ok once again.....we can't afford to take anyone lightly so my answer is all 3 teams.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
We just did one of these not too long ago but ok once again.....we can't afford to take anyone lightly so my answer is all 3 teams.

I agree with that, this team can't afford to take anyone lightly within the division or outside of the division.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
The Giants have the most potential so I'd say they're the scariest. Offensively, Manning was and is the weak link but if he takes another step forward, they'll be able to score with anybody. I know they have some question marks defensively, especially in the secondary, but any defense that can apply pressure from just the front four as they can has the potential to be very good.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Who scares me the most in our Division? I'd say the Giants, because they have a top-rated defense and the best running game.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Andy Reid scares me the most, he could eat half our team...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
Who scares me the most in our Division? I'd say the Giants, because they have a top-rated defense and the best running game.

Top rated based on what ? They may have the best DE's in the division but have yet to prove that their secondary is worth a plug nickel. In reality they were the worst D in the NFCE last year regardless of their pass rush.

To me, they are making the mistakes that the Commanders made when they signed Sanders, George, and others.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
I agree...the Giants. Their strength plays right to our weakness, at least last season it did.

Hopefully Flozell's return and an improved Petitti/Fabini will help our cause.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
austintodallas said:
I agree...the Giants. Their strength plays right to our weakness, at least last season it did.

I agree.

I think the Commanders will finish with a better overall record than the Giants this year, but those Giants DEs made the Cowboys look inept late last season.

Woods

Reaction score
austintodallas said:

I agree with you.

Their DEs overmatched us last year. Let's hope Strehan loses a step (or two) when trying to get to Bledsoe this season.

Also, Giants have some decent offensive weapons. Barber really gives us (and multiple other teams) fits in that he's a real breakaway threat and has stopped fumbling the ball. Their TE is very good, and Burress is (usually) capable.

And you'd have to guess that Manning will only get better over the next year . . . .

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think the Giants are the class of the East right now.

I look at that team and I see a lot of positive things happening for them.

Offensively, I like there OL with Petitgout, Diehl (50 games as there starter), Chris Snee and McKinzie. The only real worry I would have is O'Hara at center. He's kinda like our own Johnson to me but he does have a good deal of starting experience. They also got Bob Whitefield to back up tackle and Seubert at Guard. Finn at FB, Barbar and Jacobs at RB, Toomer and Burress at WR and Shockey at TE. Eli seems to be getting better every season. Defensively, there front seven is as good as anybodies. It's a vet team with good coaching. I think there the team to beat in the NFC East but we will soon see.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Woods said:
Their DEs overmatched us last year. Let's hope Strehan loses a step (or two) when trying to get to Bledsoe this season.
I'm not holding my breath on that one.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
The Giants ... their team strengths (outside pass rush) match up against our team weaknesses (offensive tackle). Tiki Barber and Jeremy Shockey cause matchup problems with our LB's and S's.

The only saving grace is that Eli is so horrendous and the team makeup seems to be combustable.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Commanders will be tough. That is a given. I fear the Skins over the Giants.