In our division who scares you the most?

ravidubey

Reaction score
kartr said:
You make some good points, but calling Andre Carter a bust for the Skins this early is getting carried away, and how can you ignore the Al Saunders impact on the team, plus Moss will be in his second year with Brunell and he was virtually only good receiver they had. Brandon LLoyd and Randle El may not be world beaters, but they don't have to be, cause Brunell is still a better qb than Big Ben and Rattay. Now Al Saunders has a much more talented group of receivers than he had with the Chiefs and his offense worked there. All of the teams in our division had excellent off seasons and to dismiss any of them smacks of naivity and homerism at its worst. Don't forget, teams in which TO has played for didn't automatically go to the playoffs every year and we even beat the 9'ers in 2001 when they had TO and a pro bowl qb.

I'm calling Andre Carter a bust for the only team he's ever played for, San Francisco. He was the 7th pick overall and neer made an impact in four seasons. Think about that... how is he anything but a bust at this point?

Moss was an unexpected suprise last year. Everyone panned the trade of him for Coles, suggesting Coles was an elite WR while Moss was selfish and one-dimensional. But the new "hands off" rule changed everything and he thrived. But I see defenses adjusting back to double-covering the Mosses, Galloways, and Steve Smiths of the world. We all saw how effective this was by Seattle in the playoffs. Dallas blanketed Steve Smith and had him so frustrated he threw a tantrum and got ejected. It was a sign of things to come.

Without a true alternative to throw to, one that demands at least occasional double coverage, Moss is in for a long season. Would you ever double cover Brandon Lloyd? Or Randle El? If so you have very bad DB's.

As for Al Saunders, well let's see what he does without half the weapons and nowhere near the offensive line he had in Kansas City. Tony Gonzalez and Larry Johnson are nothing short of monsters. Will Shields will be better in ten years when he's retired than Randy Thomas at full health. Willie Roaf is playing better than Chris Samuels ever has. This is a different team and Saunders will have to feel his way as the season progresses.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
I'm calling Andre Carter a bust for the only team he's ever played for, San Francisco. He was the 7th pick overall and neer made an impact in four seasons. Think about that... how is he anything but a bust at this point?

Moss was an unexpected suprise last year. Everyone panned the trade of him for Coles, suggesting Coles was an elite WR while Moss was selfish and one-dimensional. But the new "hands off" rule changed everything and he thrived. But I see defenses adjusting back to double-covering the Mosses, Galloways, and Steve Smiths of the world. We all saw how effective this was by Seattle in the playoffs. Dallas blanketed Steve Smith and had him so frustrated he threw a tantrum and got ejected. It was a sign of things to come.

Without a true alternative to throw to, one that demands at least occasional double coverage, Moss is in for a long season. Would you ever double cover Brandon Lloyd? Or Randle El? If so you have very bad DB's.

As for Al Saunders, well let's see what he does without half the weapons and nowhere near the offensive line he had in Kansas City. Tony Gonzalez and Larry Johnson are nothing short of monsters. Will Shields will be better in ten years when he's retired than Randy Thomas at full health. Willie Roaf is playing better than Chris Samuels ever has. This is a different team and Saunders will have to feel his way as the season progresses.

:lmao2:

That may be the most biased silver and blue glasses wearing post I have seen on this site

If there is one thing you can't target on the Commanders is the starting o-line. Sprung Clinto Portis to a franchise record for yards (he too is a monster) and kept Brunell upright for the season (Nick Griesen was crawling into MB's knee in week 16)

What opposing defenses will not be able to do, which they have the last 2 seasons, is put 8 in the box on Portis. If you are doubling Moss, and have one guy on ARE and one guy on Lloyd, that leaves 7 in the box against a very good o-line, and a terrific blocking back in Mike Sellars

Of course Dallas really never stopped Santana Moss last season in either game, and struggled against Brandon Lloyd (4 catches, 100 plus yards, 2 TD's)

Trying to compare the Seattle playoff game as a way to stop Moss is riddiculous as well. A clearly injured Mark Brunell, an o-line falling apart due to injury as well as a storm that rivals what Noah had to face, yea I don't think the deep passing game is going to be very effective that day

And stating that Will Shields in 10 years is better then Randy Thomas is absolutley absurd, along with Willie Roaf now playing better then Samuels ever has.

If anything, you can argue that the o-line depth is unproven, Jason Campbell is unproven, will Lloyd and ARE step up and actually produce at the same level they produced last year? Of course you didn't mention Chris Cooley at all, but then again there would be no argument for a guy that torched your D now would there? Your argument is lame, and you get 0 points

Of course, when you look at my sig, you can see how effective a double team was on Sanatana Moss last year

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan said:
:lmao2:

That may be the most biased silver and blue glasses wearing post I have seen on this site

If there is one thing you can't target on the Commanders is the starting o-line. Sprung Clinto Portis to a franchise record for yards (he too is a monster) and kept Brunell upright for the season (Nick Griesen was crawling into MB's knee in week 16)

What opposing defenses will not be able to do, which they have the last 2 seasons, is put 8 in the box on Portis. If you are doubling Moss, and have one guy on ARE and one guy on Lloyd, that leaves 7 in the box against a very good o-line, and a terrific blocking back in Mike Sellars

Of course Dallas really never stopped Santana Moss last season in either game, and struggled against Brandon Lloyd (4 catches, 100 plus yards, 2 TD's)

Trying to compare the Seattle playoff game as a way to stop Moss is riddiculous as well. A clearly injured Mark Brunell, an o-line falling apart due to injury as well as a storm that rivals what Noah had to face, yea I don't think the deep passing game is going to be very effective that day

And stating that Will Shields in 10 years is better then Randy Thomas is absolutley absurd, along with Willie Roaf now playing better then Samuels ever has.

If anything, you can argue that the o-line depth is unproven, Jason Campbell is unproven, will Lloyd and ARE step up and actually produce at the same level they produced last year? Of course you didn't mention Chris Cooley at all, but then again there would be no argument for a guy that torched your D now would there? Your argument is lame, and you get 0 points

Of course, when you look at my sig, you can see how effective a double team was on Sanatana Moss last year
Congratulations. You're the 1000th reference of this tired cliche' since last year.

You're therefore today's winner of the weak smack award.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Congratulations. You're the 1000th reference of this tired cliche' since last year.

You're therefore today's winner of the weak smack award.

That could have been handed out about 8 times already - today alone. Is there no end in sight?

You have the technology.....

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Honestly it is the Eagles.

They finished last but still have a lot of the same team that went to the NFC Championship game many times.

No one is giving them any respect.

The prognosticators are so overwhelmed by last year syndrome they don't pay attention to reality. Philly has a deeper team with a better QB than Washington.

They have a good secondary which didn't get any favors with injuries or pass rush last season.

They have Tiki-light in Brian Westbrook.

That team scares me because the NFCE needs 1 team to fall out of it early and if none do it will be a real grind for everyone that may leave room for only 1 playoff team.

illone

Reaction score
superpunk said:
That could have been handed out about 8 times already - today alone. Is there no end in sight?

I know, and you'd be the recipient of 7 of them;).

superpunk

Reaction score
illone said:
I know, and you'd be the recipient of 7 of them;).

Trying to make a late day push to wrest the weak-smack trophy from your compatriot's grasp? Do you even realize that you just made fun of yourself?

Please, save it. We'll have a fresh award tomorrow. Pace yourself.