Twitter: Injured Cowboys DL Daniel Ross arrested on drug, gun charges

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And cities can have different gun restrictions too. It was just a possession charge.

But a gun possession charge in Texas? I thought guns were required in Texas. Does he have a felony conviction that precludes gun possession?
You still have to have the correct paperwork to carry on your person.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lol, some states still don't have legal marijuana. What freaking year is this?

Yes, use or even possession of marijuana is illegal in the state of Texas.

Under 4 oz...….misdemeanor, up to 180 days in jail and fine up to $2000.

Over 4 oz...…...state felony, sentence can range anywhere from 5-99 years in prison for committing a felony offense in the state of Texas.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A gun charge? In Texas?? What was he carrying, a shoulder fired stinger???

You have to have a gun license, even in Texas. It looks just like a driver's license but it says on the front "Permit to Carry Firearm In State Of Texas".

There are also two types of permits...……..one to carry a concealed weapon, like under your jacket for example, and one to "open carry". And if you "open carry" you must have your firearm holstered, meaning you cant be walking around waving your weapon in the direction of people. That is called "brandishing a firearm" and is illegal in the state of Texas.

If you want to carry a weapon, I got no problem with it, but follow the law, fill out the paper work, pay your license fee, and carry legally.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yes, use or even possession of marijuana is illegal in the state of Texas.

Under 4 oz...….misdemeanor, up to 180 days in jail and fine up to $2000.

Over 4 oz...…...state felony, sentence can range anywhere from 5-99 years in prison for committing a felony offense in the state of Texas.

Go check the prosecution stats on that and tell me decriminalizing ain't the way to go

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Obviously you don't care about that stuff but law abiding citizens do care. Without completing the paper work a full background check can't be completed. It matters.

No, I think none of y'all need guns and your background checks are weak **

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Go check the prosecution stats on that and tell me decriminalizing ain't the way to go

I'm just reporting what the law is...………….I tend to agree with you that weed should be decriminalized.

But the Texas State Legislature disagrees with me.......so until they change their mind, people have to follow the law or move to another state.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You have to have a gun license, even in Texas. It looks just like a driver's license but it says on the front "Permit to Carry Firearm In State Of Texas".

There are also two types of permits...……..one to carry a concealed weapon, like under your jacket for example, and one to "open carry". And if you "open carry" you must have your firearm holstered, meaning you cant be walking around waving your weapon in the direction of people. That is called "brandishing a firearm" and is illegal in the state of Texas.

If you want to carry a weapon, I got no problem with it, but follow the law, fill out the paper work, pay your license fee, and carry legally.

One permit, license to carry, allows for both open carry or concealed.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I'm just reporting what the law is...………….I tend to agree with you that weed should be decriminalized.

But the Texas State Legislature disagrees with me.......so until they change their mind, people have to follow the law or move to another state.

Decisions like that rest in the hands of the people, not the legislators.

Big state, the biggest! Zero cahones but lots of square feet.

gmoney112

Reaction score

You don't need either of those to have a loaded firearm in your vehicle.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And that moves you from turd to not turd?

Gee, maybe make it harder to be a turd?

I don’t go around brandishing a weapon, the vast majority don’t do that. You would be surprised about how many of us have common sense in the presence of a firearm here in Texas.

This is getting far too political, maybe you should bow out......

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I don’t go around brandishing a weapon, the vast majority don’t do that. You would be surprised about how many of us have common sense in the presence of a firearm here in Texas.

This is getting far too political, maybe you should bow out......

Doesn't sound like the player was brandishing a weapon.

Did you just come up with that so you'd be less of a turd?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
* that's the unforeseen underlying humongous problem with this medical marijuana/ state right initiatives across the country,,, as the 'Fed's" still automatically shoehorn these card-carrying green reefer suckin' twits as felons if thier corresponding casing-liner jibes w/ B.A.T.F.& E. recorded snizzle-chit yellow papered #4473 forms,,,:facepalm:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
One permit, license to carry, allows for both open carry or concealed.
* Apparently,my little dab of blinding brilliance has long since been superceded in this multi-page thread( an inherent pitfall ,when one only hurdles over all but the THREAD HEADER title & o.p.,,,, oilwello_O)

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lol, some states still don't have legal marijuana. What freaking year is this?
UMm together is the issue..

LEOs here can allow a ticket issued on Pot with promise to appear within a certain weight.. its not an auto arrest..

However add a firearm with it even though we are allowed to carry a Firearm in our vehicles , also legal..you put to 2 together and its typically a arrest..might not be much of a charge and he makes bail , gets deal for simple possession and he moves on with misdemeanor..

Police have to air on the ide of caution when they find drugs and weapons in the same car etc..

lopey

Reaction score
once he is healthy Cut HIS ***. Time for this team to show some authority...