Inman, Hunter and Waddle all visiting?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Ok, I'm all in on getting rid of green bell peppers and red onions! Take that for what it is or dissect it. Thomas is to Dewey as Byron is to Bell. Howe is to Gordie as Chaz is to Green, you guys figure out the Red onion part

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
We become very dangerous if we suddenly have 2 quick savy smurfs that know how to run the route tree...ie like the Patriots. Speed suddenly isn't that big an issue.

Great small guys in sports.... Pee Wee Resse, Spud Webb, Theoren Fleury, Bease oh yes and Tina "Tiny Dancer" Turner (forget the sport)

LittleD

Reaction score
This is the awful truth of it all.

You could like up All-Pro's across the field and even if the team did make the playoffs, they'd be out of he'd by whatever coach they played there and all the talent in the world wouldn't be enough to overcome it.

So very true and it would be nice of more of this board's minions were to get a clue.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Guys..we are putting all our chips in on the draft. Remember..the draft is in Jerry World...He isn't about to pass up a chance to hype it up and make it glamorous. I expect BIG BIG fireworks from Dallas and JJ during the draft. That's why we are holding things close to the vest right now. Everyone is wondering what we will do.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they can sign Fleming or Waddle, a LB like Bowman, and a starting quality S/1T then I'd consider this a successful use of free agency.
None of em have to be stars, just quality vets.

I'm down for that!

And then they can go into the draft and not be forced into overpaying for need.

But if I might be a bit greedy, I'd also like to see some measure of a veteran left guard signed to fill what is currently angaling hole. I'm fine with Cooper being re-signed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Earl Thomas to Dallas is not a dead idea btw. I wouldn't be shocked if Seattle lowers its asking price and something gets done during the draft or just before.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Somebody will get Thomas for a 3rd round pick and player to be named.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Guys..we are putting all our chips in on the draft. Remember..the draft is in Jerry World...He isn't about to pass up a chance to hype it up and make it glamorous. I expect BIG BIG fireworks from Dallas and JJ during the draft. That's why we are holding things close to the vest right now. Everyone is wondering what we will do.

Ok, I'm about to say something that may seem... ah forget it! Can you say Shaquem Griffin in the second round

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
"The Dallas Cowboys are the only team not to have signed an unrestricted free agent now that the Pittsburgh Steelers signed linebacker Jon Bosticon Sunday."

A dubious distinction.

While it's nice to read that they may have awoken from their winter hibernation, I'm surprised that there's no mention of safety or linebacker.
Good thing they are getting better at free agency. Also, being more aggressive than in the past.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's fine if you hang around as you say. The Clapper has just one more year to get it right which he won't and then Jerry will have to clean house.
Next year, if we tank this year, will give us the top draft pick, clean up the cap balance sheet, get rid of the dead weight players on this team and offer a fresh start with new coaching leadership. There is a sweet fragrance that can only be obtained by cleaning and clearing the decks. It's way past time to take out and dump the trash.

I agree that Garrett is on his last legs. Not sure if he will fall on his face this year, or have a 2016 type season, which could save his job. Like you though, I don't want his job saved. The only difference is I always hold onto some hope because it's just my nature as a competitive person to do so. As an athlete in my younger days I always believed my team had a chance to win, no matter how slim the odds.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ok, I'm about to say something that may seem... ah forget it! Can you say Shaquem Griffin in the second round
Read my mind. I wouldn't be mad at that pick. Its high..but I think the kid is special.Great person..solid player. Fills a need...and infuses the entire team with swagger and hope. Kris Richard would be giddy over having this kid.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't like the safety Derwin James, Stash, or the trade up?

The trade up mostly.

But I'd like to give Kavon Frazier a legit shotat strong safety and I'm not sure I completely trust James to step in and play the single high safety role immediately.

Just my opinion.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I did like Woods, but not sure if he's ready. I like Tre Boston for that role if we are looking in FA. I do think we may be looking at OG/WR or vice versa in rounds 1 & 2.

Yup, I see the free agents as quality depth like Swing Tackle and LB. At OG I could see them waiting for the draft to see if a good player drops to them and if not, add a FA or salary cap cut afterward.

I also think they are saving dry powder for a big fish like Earl Thomas if and when Seattle drops their crazy demands.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I HEAR WE LOVE GRIFFIN AND Goedert at 50. So its gonna be between one of them.

Kaiser

Reaction score
This is the awful truth of it all.

You could like up All-Pro's across the field and even if the team did make the playoffs, they'd be outcoached by whatever coach they played there and all the talent in the world wouldn't be enough to overcome it.

Soooooo, how did 13 - 3 happen in 2016?