Inman, Hunter and Waddle all visiting?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I didn't know Meredith was out there. I'd love to bring him in. He's of the same caliber as these guys but I think he has more potential than both.
The Bears tendered him as a restricted free agent. They could match an offer, but if they do not, there is no compensation involved.

Similar case like what they did with Mayowa.

Alexander

Reaction score
Your not all wrong...but we do need get some veteran competition in here,as well as a rook. We just need to get better.
I have a hard time seeing Dallas adding both a veteran and a high pick at WR though.

The meeting room would be a little full if so.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Bears tendered him as a restricted free agent. They could match an offer, but if they do not, there is no compensation involved.

Similar case like what they did with Mayowa.
Oh ok.....well I see no reason why they wouldn't match though...he may be their number one or two next year.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
"The Dallas Cowboys are the only team not to have signed an unrestricted free agent now that the Pittsburgh Steelers signed linebacker Jon Bosticon Sunday."

A dubious distinction.

While it's nice to read that they may have awoken from their winter hibernation, I'm surprised that there's no mention of safety or linebacker.

Bostic is a nice get, no idea why Dallas wouldn’t kick the tires.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have a hard time seeing Dallas adding both a veteran and a high pick at WR though.

I think if they draft receiver it's later on in the draft maybe with one of their comp picks. I don't even think if Ridley is there at 19 they take him.

Alexander

Reaction score
Oh ok.....well I see no reason why they wouldn't match though...he may be their number one or two next year.
Different coaching staff, different expectations for what they want. Nagy is an Andy Reid disciple, so they have already gone after their own types like Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel. He would be their fourth or fifth as it stands now behind those two and Kevin White.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You should know these guys though. The wide receivers Inman and Hunter are never was type guys who people were high on at point. These aren't bad teams but these are the typical Cowboy signings.....you just hope this time around its guys who can contribute and not Nolan Carrols or Cedric Thorton's.

The difference is that we're not counting on either as a starter, unlike with Carroll and Thornton. These are strictly depth signings.

Now, with Fleming, Waddle, etc., I believe we are looking for either a starting guard or starting tackle. Would either be an upgrade to Cooper?

Alexander

Reaction score
Agreed but I'm not really interested in either receiver. The linemen are interesting.
The receivers don't necessarily excite me either. But I feel confident they want to get some veteran to fill the "Butler role" (the same as Street, Robinson etc. before him) since they have trust issues with rookies.

Alexander

Reaction score
Now, with Fleming, Waddle, etc., I believe we are looking for either a starting guard or starting tackle. Would either be an upgrade to Cooper?
Not especially. Similar kind of players in terms of upside from what I have seen.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The way Noah Brown is going....wouldn't shock me if he ends up being a tight end at all. His best asset right now is his blocking. These guys are more receiving threats.

Well if they are not competing with Noah, what spot are they going to take? Switzer, Beasley, Williams and Dez aren't going anywhere and I HOPE they are going to draft a WR in the first 2-3 rounds. That leaves Brown.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The receivers don't necessarily excite me either. But I feel confident they want to get some veteran to fill the "Butler role" (the same as Street, Robinson etc. before him) since they have trust issues with rookies.

And I would argue that player should come in the draft. If you get a guy early maybe he pushes Williams into the Butler role. If you get a guy later then he's the guy in the Butler role.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed but I'm not really interested in either receiver. The linemen are interesting.
The money for either will interesting. We will know if they are signed on as starters or if they are signed on as swing OT's.

We know they can play swing. Starter is somewhat of a projection

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I agree. If we pick up a receiver in FA, I don't see us making it a draft priority unless we just flat out want to replace Bryant. Of course, one of the things the front office does try to do each year is have enough bodies at each position that it isn't absolutely forced to draft a certain position.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree. If we pick up a receiver in FA, I don't see us making it a draft priority unless we just flat out want to replace Bryant. Of course, one of the things the front office does try to do each year is have enough bodies at each position that it isn't absolutely forced to draft a certain position.
The thing with Bryant is you have to remember he has two more years on his contract at best, and might even get cut next season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bostic is a nice get, no idea why Dallas wouldn’t kick the tires.

It's not about ability with Bostic, it's about availability.

He's played pretty well when he's played, but he's gotten hurt. A lot.

I have to see the terms of the deal before I'd say definitively.