Inman, Hunter and Waddle all visiting?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The money for either will interesting. We will know if they are signed on as starters or if they are signed on as swing OT's.

We know they can play swing. Starter is somewhat of a projection

Right, the money will tell you.

I can't imagine either player would be interested in Dallas unless it's as a starter. Talk about going from the penthouse to the outhouse going from New England to here.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. If we pick up a receiver in FA, I don't see us making it a draft priority unless we just flat out want to replace Bryant. Of course, one of the things the front office does try to do each year is have enough bodies at each position that it isn't absolutely forced to draft a certain position.

Well then you are essentially bringing back the same poor WR group of last year. Inman and Hunter are scrubs. Roster fillers.

silver

Reaction score
Maybe the strategy is to lower everybody's expectations to a point where we can sneak up on other teams. Brilliant!

And if we end up with an 8-8 record = success! (Equally successful as when someone successfully commits suicide).

Mediocre GM = mediocre results.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Right, the money will tell you.

I can't imagine either player would be interested in Dallas unless it's as a starter. Talk about going from the penthouse to the outhouse going from New England to here.
New England also might not want to pay that money for a backup. If they have two swing OT's capable of being on the open market getting contracts, they might just feel confident in their ability to replace them with rookie contract guys

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well then you are essentially bringing back the same poor WR group of last year. Inman and Hunter are scrubs. Roster fillers.
Either could be cut. Inman and Hunter are competition for Noah Brown. Not anyone on the top half of the depth chart

cowboyec

Reaction score
OT LaAdrian Waddle would be a good pick-up...fill the void at swing-tackle.

know nothing about those WRs....Fleming or Waddle...I hope we sign either...would be an up-grade over Green or Bell at swing OT.
Id still look to draft an OT tho...because we probably ink either on a 1 or 2yr deal.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
You have to admire how we're targeting players who played a hand in Cleveland's record-breaking season.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
You just have to LOL at this quote:
The Jones way to improve the team is to disappear to the Bahamas during the busiest week of the off season.............I'm not saying to get crazy and overspend on free agents, I'm not even saying to sign one, but you should atleast TRY and see if you can improve an area of your team.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Reading up on the two New England right tackles, it appears that Waddle may be the better player but has had health issues, including being hurt after starting in the playoffs, which is why Fleming stepped in for the championship game and Super Bowl.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don't think any of these FA's will provide much help if past experience with FA's is any indication of success.

At the same time, anything is better than Bell/Green so I support change based on that alone.

Eating $15 million in dead money this year straight sucks.

conner01

Reaction score
Sounds like more of the same crap as last year. Expecting low cost trash players to push you to the top is stupid.
Wouldn’t you want your swing tackle and 4th WR to be low cost players
To can’t really sign starter quality players at those positions

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
New England also might not want to pay that money for a backup. If they have two swing OT's capable of being on the open market getting contracts, they might just feel confident in their ability to replace them with rookie contract guys

They certainly should. Dante Scarnecchia is the best offensive line coach in the league and is always able to coach up whoever the Patriots give him. In effect, they're the "anti-Cowboys", as Dallas uses significant draft resources and contracts to hold onto their while New England has a revolving door.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I think Inman would make the group slightly better, but I agree overall. I just can't see receiver being a priority if we essentially fill the last roster spot for the group with Inman or Hunter. We already have Bryant, Williams, Beasley, Switzer and Brown (who might be on the bubble).

The only way I can see us going after a receiver in the draft if this happens is if we make it a first-round priority because we're getting rid of Dez, which is possible considering that we "flirted" with signing his replacement in free agency.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bellyaching aside, this is pretty much true to form. These are swing OT candidates, which makes sense. And we’re looking to add speed at WR. They’re going to want Brown to take Butler’s role, and a guy like Inman to fill in the roster spot makes some sense. Then maybe we’ll move on to the LB problems we created for ourselves.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bellyaching aside, this is pretty much true to form. These are swing OT candidates, which makes sense. And we’re looking to add speed at WR. They’re going to want Brown to take Butler’s role, and a guy like Inman to fill in the roster spot makes some sense. Then maybe we’ll move on to the LB problems we created for ourselves.

Linebacker is the position where I'm surprised they're not being more active.

I just hope this doesn't mean they're going to use yet another high draft pick at that spot.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well if they are not competing with Noah, what spot are they going to take? Switzer, Beasley, Williams and Dez aren't going anywhere and I HOPE they are going to draft a WR in the first 2-3 rounds. That leaves Brown.
With how those guys played last year? I see no reason why all of their jobs aren't up for grabs.