Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

BRoni

Reaction score
I would not have picked Philly. But you mentioned our main reason for keeping Dez is you thought we would be a better team with him this year. As if that really had some kind of strong meaning.

I wanted to cry when Philly landed Alshon Jeffery. Dez is the best we have unless we make a trade or draft an absolute stud. So yes, I feel that Dez absolutely makes the team better until he is made expendable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I've been saying for months it's time to get rid of dez. his last three years he's been a jag. he's overpaid. his tantrums are a pain in the ***. I've seen the obviousness of the dez situation for a couple of years now. it's not new to me and my way of thinking.

Great so we agree.

CapnB

Reaction score
Yeah. You strike me as someone who clearly has zero understanding of my history on this board defending Dez. You must have migrated from elsewhere. Use the search function. I don't fit into his box.

And you clearly have zero understanding of sarcasm or bad jokes. and If you are somehow telling me to wear pants, im not doing it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I wanted to cry when Philly landed Alshon Jeffery. Dez is the best we have unless we make a trade or draft an absolute stud. So yes, I feel that Dez absolutely makes the team better until he is made expendable.

So how do you get something better if you dont get rid of him? Thats obviously what they attempted to do already with Watkins. Thank heavens they whiffed on that.

BRoni

Reaction score
So how do you get something better if you dont get rid of him? Thats obviously what they attempted to do already with Watkins. Thank heavens they whiffed on that.

Well, I definitely don’t want to drop him and go into the season with less of a playmaker. Giving up on him without having a plan is foolish. The guy can still play when the coaches put the team in position and when the rest of the team isnt playing equally poorly.

BRoni

Reaction score
I’m done arguing by the way. The only reason that I chimed in was Josh Norman being credited as the guy to open everyone’s eyes on why we should all hate Dez.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well, I definitely don’t want to drop him and go into the season with less of a playmaker. Giving up on him without having a plan is foolish. The guy can still play when the coaches put the team in position and when the rest of the team isnt playing equally poorly.

The 16 million can go a long way to improving the team. But you have to cut Dez first. So the Cowboys are a 9-7 team with Dez and a 8-8 without? Big deal.

And who is to say that they arent a better team without Dez? Better chemistry and more players getting involved with the young receivers might be just the thing this team needs.

Proof

Reaction score
His play was great the first 8 games. Stay in denial all you want. You want to talk about the last 8 games when the whole offense fell apart? No problem.

Are you reading the words that I’m typing?

I have said that his play was great the first 8 games. I’ve said I think he will bounce back next year. There’s no denial here except apparently from you ya nut.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m done arguing by the way. The only reason that I chimed in was Josh Norman being credited as the guy to open everyone’s eyes on why we should all hate Dez.

He didnt open eyes. He just confirmed what everyone else has said. It was kinda the last straw.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Are you reading the words that I’m typing?

I have said that his play was great the first 8 games. I’ve said I think he will bounce back next year. There’s no denial here except apparently from you ya nut.

YOU keep saying he played horrible last year. That statement is inaccurate.

BRoni

Reaction score
The 16 million can go a long way to improving the team. But you have to cut Dez first. So the Cowboys are a 9-7 team with Dez and a 8-8 without? Big deal.

And who is to say that they arent a better team without Dez? Better chemistry and more players getting involved with the young receivers might be just the thing this team needs.

It would free up a lot of money, but what do we do with it at this point? Cutting Witten would free some up too. I’d argue that moving on from Witten is a bigger deal, but that’s not the most popular opinion. Also a different topic anyway.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Was Dez's production in the playoff game against the Packers -January 2017- with Dak at QB a fluke?

Dez had a monster game that day.
9 catches - 132 yards- 2 TD's.

If it weren't for that freaking hailmary play to that tight end, we might have hosted the NFC Championship game that year. :mad:

It's mind boggling how they got out of sync, for pretty much all of 2017, after that. I thought that was a glimpse of what to expect going forward.
:huh:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Un-named employee= wuss or Jason Garrett. Your choice.

Regardless....I'd be ticked off too If I was Bryant. This coaching staffs inability to get creative is :banghead:

Bryant has top 10 talent...yet it's being wasted:popcorn:

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
Man, I think I want to keep him although he's not a WR1 anymore. Without him, our corps looks naked. I still don't understand why we let Butler go. The guy made play after play; looked to be everything we wanted Dez to be at this point, including his chemistry with Dak. Was it over money?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
How many times did Dez do it last year? LOL

So Dak sucks and Dez is great? Dak is getting paid 600k per year. Dez is getting paid 16 million. Does that change anything for you? :lmao2::lmao:
How many times did Dak throw airballs his way? Hint it was at least 5 times what Dez dropped