Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I did read an interview by josh norman regarding dez. it was several months ago. don't know if the one being quoted is the same or not, but dissing of a player by an opponent is hardly confirmation of anything imo.

See..........all you are doing is discounting the entire interview, simply because of context. It came out today. How about reading it first? Then some things also came out supposedly from inside coaches with the Cowboys. But hey, you will probably discount that too.

How about the fact they offered Watkins 16 million to play for them? Going to discount that too? Stephen jones? Write it off? Other commentators and analysts? HOF fame types? Write it off? Production? Write it off?

Proof

Reaction score
Dak was breaking records the first 8 games of the year.

It’s honestly a testament to how poor the rest were. His first half to the season was so impressive. It wasn’t the same as 2016, things weren’t going as smoothly, it was raw and unscripted and he really showed me something. And then he looked so damn bad it was embarrassing. I’m very anxiously waiting to see the answer to the million dollar question this year. I think he provides the one we want

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
How many times did Dez do it last year? LOL

So Dak sucks and Dez is great? Dak is getting paid 600k per year. Dez is getting paid 16 million. Does that change anything for you? :lmao2::lmao:

I hate Dez’s cap number.

He’s still the same player but he will not validate his cap number with Dak as our QB l.

BRoni

Reaction score
I have absolutely no problem with fans being critical of Dez, but some “team staffer” and Josh freaking Norman making some negative comments is bogus (yes, I did read the article). For what it’s worth we are better with Dez on the field until we can make a real upgrade. I also place blame on coaching just as much as anything else.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It’s honestly a testament to how poor the rest were. His first half to the season was so impressive. It wasn’t the same as 2016, things weren’t going as smoothly, it was raw and unscripted and he really showed me something. And then he looked so damn bad it was embarrassing. I’m very anxiously waiting to see the answer to the million dollar question this year. I think he provides the one we want

The issue is that you act like the poor play just popped up out of nowhere. There were direct an obvious huge changes that happened around him that caused the issues.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I hate Dez’s cap number.

He’s still the same player but he will not validate his cap number with Dak as our QB l.

Same player?

Look, lets just look at the most important thing of all. He has no rapport with Dak. They dont mesh. Now whether that is Dak or Dez's fault doesnt matter. This is now Dak's team and he needs receivers around him he can grow with. And for 16 million? Cmon, no way you keep him around.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
From the article:
Dez has never been known for having an array of skills or being a polished receiver. He made his name on sheer athleticism and the ability to make big dazzling plays with physical ability. His routes have always been sloppy for a player of his reputation.

This is what I have wondered about all season. Dezzies have claimed all those passes Dez didn't catch were "uncatchable". Ball slightly behind, ball a little low, Dez having to turn around and getting popped in the face with the ball, ball not thrown 3 inchs above the defenders head like Romo claimed...all uncatchable and Dak's fault for not having a perfectly thrown ball.

He stopped making the physical plays at the rate he used to. So, what makes him special now?
Valid point

cern

Reaction score
See..........all you are doing is discounting the entire interview, simply because of context. It came out today. How about reading it first? Then some things also came out supposedly from inside coaches with the Cowboys. But hey, you will probably discount that too.

How about the fact they offered Watkins 16 million to play for them? Going to discount that too? Stephen jones? Write it off? Other commentators and analysts? HOF fame types? Write it off? Production? Write it off?
i'd like to logically respond but I can't figure where you're coming from. is all your angst because I don't care what josh norman says? he's a Commander. consider the source.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have absolutely no problem with fans being critical of Dez, but some “team staffer” and Josh freaking Norman making some negative comments is bogus (yes, I did read the article). For what it’s worth we are better with Dez on the field until we can make a real upgrade. I also place blame on coaching just as much as anything else.

Nah because if you get rid of Dez now, the team will be better off now and in the next two years by using that money elsewhere. What production are we missing without him?

Dont kind yourself by thinking the Cowboys are winning the SB this year. Its all about Dak and the future.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
i'd like to logically respond but I can't figure where you're coming from. is all your angst because I don't care what josh norman says? he's a Commander. consider the source.

Consider the truth. Josh Norman alone means nothing. But when its the owner, the son of the owner, the analysts, the fans, players he plays against, inside coaches, and all across the board. Then its just time to accept the obvious.

Proof

Reaction score
The issue is that you act like the poor play just popped up out of nowhere. There were direct an obvious huge changes that happened around him that caused the issues.

I don’t act like anything. Im aware of what happened and what the issues were and why I think he’ll bounce back. His play was ABYSMAL though, so it’s difficult to chalk up to just the circumstances.

BRoni

Reaction score
Nah because if you get rid of Dez now, the team will be better off now and in the next two years by using that money elsewhere. What production are we missing without him?

Dont kind yourself by thinking the Cowboys are winning the SB this year. Its all about Dak and the future.

Who is winning the SB this year? I’m guessing that you put all of your money on Philly last year and are chillin in your mansion now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t act like anything. Im aware of what happened and what the issues were and why I think he’ll bounce back. His play was ABYSMAL though, so it’s difficult to chalk up to just the circumstances.

His play was great the first 8 games. Stay in denial all you want. You want to talk about the last 8 games when the whole offense fell apart? No problem.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Who is winning the SB this year? I’m guessing that you put all of your money on Philly last year and are chillin in your mansion now.

I would not have picked Philly. But you mentioned our main reason for keeping Dez is you thought we would be a better team with him this year. As if that really had some kind of strong meaning.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He stopped making the physical plays at the rate he used to. So, what makes him special now?

The last few years, it's been "Here comes that big Dez play... oh, I guess not." There were plenty of bad balls thrown to Dez. Not Dez's fault. But the catchable balls that he muffed were his fault. There are too many of them. A ball went right through his hands and hit him in the face. Sad.

Dez rode his career on being freakier than the other guy. He's less freaky every year, while the players coming into the league get bigger, stronger, faster, nimbler every year. His arrow is down. Their arrow is up.

This is a classic example of "better one year too soon than one year too late". Move on.

cern

Reaction score
Consider the truth. Josh Norman alone means nothing. But when its the owner, the son of the owner, the analysts, the fans, players he plays against, inside coaches, and all across the board. Then its just time to accept the obvious.
I've been saying for months it's time to get rid of dez. his last three years he's been a jag. he's overpaid. his tantrums are a pain in the ***. I've seen the obviousness of the dez situation for a couple of years now. it's not new to me and my way of thinking.