Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
and the Coaching?...........has to be in the equation for blame also, near the top. Especially in contrast to the job Peterson did in Philly enroute to a ring with N.Foles, lossof Lt etc etc.
You're not wrong. I was just illustrating on the field.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
WOW! Its interesting how the coaches and some of us fans can see this but other fans defend Dez like he is their brother!
Dude it's really crazy.

When I shared this article, I literally said to myself "20 pages" because I knew the Doomsday Dez Defense would be out in full force. They're small in number but they'll take that loyalty to the end of the Earth...lol

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
:laugh: An anonymous source who could the janitor or liquor salesman and people act like they have accomplished something.

If you haven't been paying attention there is a highly reported negotiation going on right now and you guys are eating up something that would be beneficial to one side with no veracity behind it. The source is from said side.

The lack of critical thinking in this country is hugely problematic.

landroverking

Reaction score
The problem with Dez to me has always been two fold.
Temper
Bad plays Vs Good plays about 50/50
Some of this is due to number one.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This thread is absolute comedy.

The article provides two unintended gems:

“Based on last year, he does very few things really well.”

And....

"Of course, we don't know who the quote actually came from or what position they hold."

The first quote is a worthless empty take without substance. The second quote completely undermines the entire article and calls into question the value and legitimacy of the opinion given (first quote).

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does it matter if it's the:

Head coach
Asst coach
Coordinator
Trainer
Equipment Mgr
Waterboy
Janitor
Exterminator
Cook
Cleaning svcs
IT person
Etc etc
?

The key here is that it's inside information from someone with a rather strong opinion of Dez. Key word inside.

Jipper

Reaction score
if one thing is clear, this point in Dez's career is a watershed moment....how he responds will say a lot about him. Personally, i would like him to work with the cowboys to restructure and take a lower number but build in performance incentives to allow him to earn it back.

I have no problem keeping him and him being a part of the team, but he is not playing to his value now and the chances are that will likely continue

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
This thread is absolute comedy.

The article provides two unintended gems:

“Based on last year, he does very few things really well.”

And....

"Of course, we don't know who the quote actually came from or what position they hold."

The first quote is a worthless empty take without substance. The second quote completely undermines the entire article and calls into question the value and legitimacy of the opinion given (first quote).

Whatever brain cells I have left are fried from reading the nonsense in this thread. I don’t even find it funny, I find it incredibly sad actually that people are really pushing that crap, but I’m not surprised. I guess the ignore list will just keep on growing bigger.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
if one thing is clear, this point in Dez's career is a watershed moment....how he responds will say a lot about him. Personally, i would like him to work with the cowboys to restructure and take a lower number but build in performance incentives to allow him to earn it back.
I would actually have zero issues with that... It would say a lot about his maturity and true ability to lead by veteran example (as he should be doing).

But I already know he won't do it. His pride will get in the way.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Whatever brain cells I have left are fried from reading the nonsense in this thread. I don’t even find it funny, I find it incredibly sad actually that people are really pushing that crap, but I’m not surprised. I guess the ignore list will just keep on growing bigger.
:popcorn:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It would free up a lot of money, but what do we do with it at this point? Cutting Witten would free some up too. I’d argue that moving on from Witten is a bigger deal, but that’s not the most popular opinion. Also a different topic anyway.

I would move on from him as well. Its almost a little too late in the game, however. Could have signed some quality replacements earlier in FA.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I would move on from him as well. Its almost a little too late in the game, however. Could have signed some quality replacements earlier in FA.
We don't really plan/strategize very well as an organization.

If you asked Jerry and/or Stephen what the 3 and 5 year plans are you'd probably end up with two deers in headlights staring back at you.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Head coach
Asst coach
Coordinator
Trainer
Equipment Mgr
Waterboy
Janitor
Exterminator
Cook
Cleaning svcs
IT person
Etc etc
?

The key here is that it's inside information from someone with a rather strong opinion of Dez. Key word inside.

You really don't see the insignificance of say the equipment manager providing this take?

Again, we collectively have the dumbest fanbase in the league.

cern

Reaction score

Head coach
Asst coach
Coordinator
Trainer
Equipment Mgr
Waterboy
Janitor
Exterminator
Cook
Cleaning svcs
IT person
Etc etc
?

matters not if it is any of the above or all of the above. only that the observation is correct. I say it is. dez's skills are diminishing. he's vastly overpaid.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I wonder if there are really that many Dez supporters or if there is one using multiple names.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

Head coach
Asst coach
Coordinator
Trainer
Equipment Mgr
Waterboy
Janitor
Exterminator
Cook
Cleaning svcs
IT person
Etc etc
?

Some inside opinions thought a 1st and 2nd for Claiborne, 2 1sts for Gallaway and a 1st and 3rd for Roy Williams WR were prescient. It may drive action, but track records of meaningful "insiders" dont have scoreboard on many decisions

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably our next HC. :rolleyes:

tenor.gif