Inside Staffer telling the truth on ol Dez

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How did they all start sucking at the same time ? Think Dak and ye shall see
TWill had by far his two best years for catch rate with Dak as the QB.

Butler had the best year of his career.

Witten's catch percentage was higher than his career average in 2016 and 2017.

Witten scored more TDs in 2017 than his career average.

Dez scored less TDs than his career average.

Beasley had his career best year in 2016 with Dak as the QB.

Beasley has more catches on passes from Dak in 2 years than from Romo in 3-1/4 years.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
TWill had by far his two best years for catch rate with Dak as the QB.

Butler had the best year of his career.

Witten's catch percentage was higher than his career average in 2016 and 2017.

Witten scored more TDs in 2017 than his career average.

Dez scored less TDs than his career average.

Beasley had his career best year in 2016 with Dak as the QB.

Beasley has more catches on passes from Dak in 2 years than from Romo in 3-1/4 years.
Throw out 2016 and you have a whole different story it is about now

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Sometimes the truth hurts
That explains why you're in so much pain. Dak is not the problem. His rookie year he was the "League Offensive Player of the Year" and the next year he forgot how to play? That's not what's going on here. Blame the WR coaching that has been replaced or elsewhere but don't blame our QB. You're barking at the wrong tree.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I wonder if there are really that many Dez supporters or if there is one using multiple names.
More of us than you Dezerters
This is simply opinion.

Market value for a WR deems elite vs not is completely different. You think Dez is still elite.

I, along with many others see him at the Jordy Nelson level. That market is half of what Dez is now getting.

It's TBD what the team thinks of Dez and really the only opinion that matters. And we will have an answer to that shortly.
You are wrong about the market and his comps

Dez lined up with these guys last year

SDiggs-rookie
DThomas- 12.5m
DAdams-14.5m
DFunchess- rookie
JJSchuster- rookie
AJeffrey- 14m
KStills- 8m

Dez- 12.5m..........................his contract is backloaded .... he was paid 45m for the first 3 years and is only owed 25m for the last 2 years with 0m guaranteed...... that is a great contract for a WR that put up numbers Dez did

Kaiser

Reaction score
Dez- 12.5m..........................his contract is backloaded .... he was paid 45m for the first 3 years and is only owed 25m for the last 2 years with 0m guaranteed...... that is a great contract for a WR that put up numbers Dez did

I think all the sturm und drang is that Dallas wants Dez to shift his contract to something more incentive based. Even if they draft a guy like Ridley and think he is the real thing, I think they will restructure the Dez contract to give him some money upfront but his salaries built more into incentives.

But I think Dez will have a much better year in 2018 regardless. We saw a billion threads about Brandon Carr restructuring for years and it always ended up with a stalemate. This could easily be the same type of thing.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I think all the sturm und drang is that Dallas wants Dez to shift his contract to something more incentive based. Even if they draft a guy like Ridley and think he is the real thing, I think they will restructure the Dez contract to give him some money upfront but his salaries built more into incentives.

But I think Dez will have a much better year in 2018 regardless. We saw a billion threads about Brandon Carr restructuring for years and it always ended up with a stalemate. This could easily be the same type of thing.
No one gave Dez extra money when he was on his rookie contract getting 80/1300/13 for 1m

This is just how the NFL works.......rookies get screwed for 4-5 years and then the stars get paid for 3-5 years

Why would he give a dollar back if AJeffrey just got 4/60m??? SWatkins 16m???? Moncrief 10m???

Kaiser

Reaction score
This is just how the NFL works.......rookies get screwed for 4-5 years and then the stars get paid for 3-5 years

Correction, if they are lucky they get paid for three years after getting screwed for 4.

I'm not saying Dez will give money back, I'm saying he will get some money upfront and some shifted to incentives. The pitch will be that he actually earns more money - but the team has protection against the downside. And Jerry will give him a restructure bonus to a level that the money will actually be better for him.