Interesting Emmitt Smith Fact

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
You perfectly describe the silliness that keeps front offices and fans holding on.

We did hold on...not only to Emmitt but to other aging players. And results went from glory to gory. Team went into the toilet.

From 96-02 Dallas kept Emmitt...just as you advocate...and became one of the league’s worst teams.

Obviously there was a lot else wrong, but when you step back and look at it: #22 wasn’t pushing the needle up with any force at all.
Ya,I gotten 'into it' several times in the drinking establishments from that 1996 downhill pile on, man ,the vehemently vindictive glee expressed by fellow football enthusiasts not of my brand quickly became beyond toleration in my world:lmao:

o_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
...I've never been to Reddit!...I have it bookmarked, but I've never gone....go figure!:huh:
Oh,you'll love the "evil league of evil" were shoehorned into,as its comprised of the fistful of teams in possession of the Majority of Lombardi's :lmao:

* are you back here regular now?
I know when you closed down that cool thread of yours,you said you was taking some time off& awayo_O

John813

Reaction score
@Toruk_Makto

This thread is for you lol.

The point the OP brings up was one of two reasons why I was against taking a back at #4. The second reason was that you could find close enough backs, in terms of talent, in day 2/3 of the draft.

I understood that they wanted that triplet back next to Romo and Dez for one last push, but long term it stinks taking a player that high with the thought in the back of your head that he may not be worth re-signing after his rookie ELC due to declining in his mid to late 20's.
Usually don't have to worry about that for OL/DL/QB/LB/DBs etc.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Ya, that whole ' 4 likes' quip of blithering bilge blowout was blatantly baffling & befittingly bestowing as to his brillance. Sounded like some mumbled crap an 8th grade school boy who suffers from an extreme case of dicdo ( his belly sticks out further than his dic do)would yell out the window as his short bus pulls away from the curbo_O
:lmao2:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Most of us know that running backs don’t age well. Six years of premium productivity is usually the best you can expect.

The one guy we think of as an exception is Emmitt. Damn, the guy played 15 seasons!

Out of curiosity I wanted to work up some numbers. How did Emmitt do after his first six years in comparison to the earlier part of his career?

1990-1995...4.5 yards per carry...First 6 seasons
1996-2004...3.9 yards per carry...Next 9 seasons

Hmmm....
If you look hard enough you could find anything to narrate what you want to. Emmitt almost broke his neck in 96 opening night and ran scarred for 2 seasons. In 98 and 99 he had very good seasons especially for his age and when 2000 rolled around he was on the beginning of his decline.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
...Evidently your an eagle fan...right! So it pretty much goes without saying (at least by me,) that Cowboy fans and eagle fans are just incompatible!.
I mean, you wouldn't catch me dead on the Eagle's site...MY question just has to be....If your team is so "All That"...why on God's green earth would you come over here....unless to start it!...Eh?
He's a troll from the Cowboys site that was shut down.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
My comment has 4 likes, your retort has two. I have more faith in the Cowboys zone community than to simply label posters as this or that negative connotation. Take the post as it is. If you like it, like it. If you don’t, that’s okay too.

You can paint me however you like, but I’m not trying to force my comment as truth. Just asking that you recognize them as facts.
Hey now. Nobody goes after the guy with the greatest post to like ratio. Nobody. Take a seat.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YPC tends to go up when you’re off the field in short yardage.
Also, when you quit at the end of your career.

And let’s not pretend Sanders didn’t have any support on those DET offenses, while were at it.

Right, how many 1 yard TD's did Emmitt have or from inside the 5. Irvin would catch a long pass, but seemed to always get tackled inside the 5, mostly inside the 3 or at the 1.

Emmitt...TD...

Barry would come off the field when inside the 5. Because they knew there was a good chance he would lose yards in that situation.

Barry had 3 all pro OL when he came in, Emmitt's OL was were not all pro until he came here.
Well, I a pretty sure a few of Barry's OL were in place for him, not after.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Just my view but always felt Barry Sanders was the best pure runner to play the game. Emmitt in my view was the best all around RB a guy who was the complete RB. If I am going into a big game I ride with Emmitt any day over barry

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Right, how many 1 yard TD's did Emmitt have or from inside the 5. Irvin would catch a long pass, but seemed to always get tackled inside the 5, mostly inside the 3 or at the 1.

Emmitt...TD...

Barry would come off the field when inside the 5. Because they knew there was a good chance he would lose yards in that situation.

Barry had 3 all pro OL when he came in, Emmitt's OL was were not all pro until he came here.
Well, I a pretty sure a few of Barry's OL were in place for him, not after.
None of this is true... I don't know why so many homers have to tell so many lies to try to make their guy look better. It's embarrassing.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
None of this is true... I don't know why so many homers have to tell so many lies to try to make their guy look better. It's embarrassing.

You are embarrassing.
Prove it to us all then.
Until then I may put you are ignore, as I have no use for your insults and constant crap.
Do not call me a liar. I am stating what has been said and shown over the years. You are the 1st person that said otherwise.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You are embarrassing.
Prove it to us all then.
Until then I may put you are ignore, as I have no use for your insults and constant crap.
Do not call me a liar. I am stating what has been said and shown over the years. You are the 1st person that said otherwise.
When you lie, you get called a liar. And putting me on ignore won't stop me from pointing them out.
Barry did not have "3 all pro OL when he came in". His OL earned exactly one All-Pro nomination combined for his entire 10 year career.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you lie, you get called a liar. And putting me on ignore won't stop me from pointing them out.
Barry did not have "3 all pro OL when he came in". His OL earned exactly one All-Pro nomination combined for his entire 10 year career.

Well you are now going on ignore. Point out if someone does not have all the facts. Which I still believe I do, but DO NOT call me a liar, you piece of crap. There call me a liar calling you a piece of crap, because that is what I believe.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Well you are now going on ignore. Point out if someone does not have all the facts. Which I still believe I do, but DO NOT call me a liar, you piece of crap. There call me a liar calling you a piece of crap, because that is what I believe.
I get where you are coming from... you took it to be a little worse than intended though. Generally, there is a lot of BS flying around in here (such as your "factoid") and my post was meant to point that out. I was not really trying to shine a spotlight on you as the ultimate liar in the history of CowboysZone. People lie on here all the time, and yes sometimes it's unintentional. But that's still irresponsible.

Last edited: