Interesting Emmitt Smith Fact

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
He got sniffed out real quick... He can take his “4 likes” and go play on a busy street for all I care. Eagle scum
Ya, that whole ' 4 likes' quip of blithering bilge blowout was blatantly baffling & befittingly bestowing as to his brillance. Sounded like some mumbled crap an 8th grade school boy who suffers from an extreme case of dicdo ( his belly sticks out further than his dic do)would yell out the window as his short bus pulls away from the curbo_O

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Ya, that whole ' 4 likes' quip of blithering bilge blowout was blatantly baffling & befittingly bestowing as to his brillance. Sounded like some mumbled crap an 8th grade school boy who suffers from an extreme case of dicdo ( his belly sticks out further than his dic do)would yell out the window as his short bus pulls away from the curbo_O

:lmao2:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I’ve been saying six seasons and out.

I know enough right now to say the Cowboys shouldn’t and won’t re-sign Zeke. The data is overwhelming with running backs.

Zeke and his agent will be looking for a 4, 5 maybe 6 year contract. Somebody might be stupid enough to give it to him. Many fans here will be in uproar. Zeke might be good in 6th year but no way he’ll justify a longterm contract.

He will likely have earned his draft selection.
So why bother playing the games at all? Just use stats and play out the games on paper. It's 2 years and you have already decided Zeke's future, based on general stats based on other RBs. Based on overwhelming data, Emmitt should never have been more than an average RB, much less the NFL Rushing Leader, he had no measurable trait that could mathematically predict his success.

Emmitt's stats over his first 2 years are not even quite as good as Zeke's 2500 rush yds/2614 rush yds, 2986 Yscr/ 3246 Yscr, 4.1ypc/4.6ypc, 23TD/22TD. The only stat Emmitt has over Zeke is TD and he only has 1 more. I'm not saying that I expect Zeke to eventually be the NFL Rushing Leader or an all time great, but I am willing to judge him on his own merit and not based on what stats suggest other RBs would be.

By your way of thinking, we would have gotten rid of Emmitt and he would have haunted us for getting rid of him. Steve Young would be sending us Christmas cards for life showing off the additional Super Bowl trophies the 49ers won after adding Emmitt to Rice and a Rookie TO. I'm sure Brett Favre and the Packers would have liked a chance to add Emmitt to their roster also. :facepalm::facepalm:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Barry Sanders, Born July 16th, 1968. Final Season in 1998.

98-68=30 First game doesn't start before July.

Looks like my facts were right after all!

Wait... if lack of fact-checking is a big no-no, what does that make you?
Dude, you go after some of our best and coolest posters to make a name for yourself, its borderline trollish.

@BrAinPaiNt I'm hoping, is all over this. He loves booting Eagles scumbags like you. He really does, ask him.

T-RO

Reaction score
So why bother playing the games at all? Just use stats and play out the games on paper. It's 2 years and you have already decided Zeke's future, based on general stats based on other RBs. Based on overwhelming data, Emmitt should never have been more than an average RB, much less the NFL Rushing Leader, he had no measurable trait that could mathematically predict his success.

Emmitt's stats over his first 2 years are not even quite as good as Zeke's 2500 rush yds/2614 rush yds, 2986 Yscr/ 3246 Yscr, 4.1ypc/4.6ypc, 23TD/22TD. The only stat Emmitt has over Zeke is TD and he only has 1 more. I'm not saying that I expect Zeke to eventually be the NFL Rushing Leader or an all time great, but I am willing to judge him on his own merit and not based on what stats suggest other RBs would be.

By your way of thinking, we would have gotten rid of Emmitt and he would have haunted us for getting rid of him. Steve Young would be sending us Christmas cards for life showing off the additional Super Bowl trophies the 49ers won after adding Emmitt to Rice and a Rookie TO. I'm sure Brett Favre and the Packers would have liked a chance to add Emmitt to their roster also. :facepalm::facepalm:

Your history is off. Emmitt won his Super Bowls in his first 6 seasons.

I don’t care how successful Zeke is under his 5-year contract. I don’t give him a five or six year extension. Period.

Backs. Don’t. Last.

Melonfeud

Reaction score

Surely,it can't be discounted so quickly the precarious Path GOODDELL& CO. shoehorned #21 unto so early AFTER his head turning rookie season, if he's set up for another railroading, Zeke could have a very short career in the N.F.L.,,,and I just bit my tounge,too.o_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Dude, you go after some of our best and coolest posters to make a name for yourself, its borderline trollish.

@BrAinPaiNt I'm hoping, is all over this. He loves booting Eagles scumbags like you. He really does, ask him.
Don't even give that tinsel braided **** of twerpitude the time it takes to type out TROLL,TROUTY:lmao2:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Most of us know that running backs don’t age well. Six years of premium productivity is usually the best you can expect.

The one guy we think of as an exception is Emmitt. Damn, the guy played 15 seasons!

Out of curiosity I wanted to work up some numbers. How did Emmitt do after his first six years in comparison to the earlier part of his career?

1990-1995...4.5 yards per carry...First 6 seasons
1996-2004...3.9 yards per carry...Next 9 seasons

Hmmm....

Yes, go on....

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Never once did I call anyone out who wasn't already going full steam with the attack. You insulted me repeatedly when I never said anything personal to you. You even acknowledged it. Now read her post again, I specifically responded to the fact that she called me out with attitude. And it was undeserved, as the thing she called me out for was wrong.

I promise you I will never call out a poster on this forum in the negative manner you guys have me. I will not report you, this is your house and you can wear your shoes all over the carpet all you like. I will not because I respect it is your house. I'm allowed to disagree with opinions, and state my own to diversify arguments. I am also allowed to defend myself when applicable.

I also hate making posts that have nothing to do with the OP, and I hope to have to do it no longer. How about people just stop making personal attacks, argue the post and the thread and then just move on if it isn't going where you want it?

My facts on Barry's age are right. My posts on him are technically accurate, if not 'altering the narrative', 'cherry picking', or even subjective. It's my opinion, and I'm not spouting out outright fallacies. It's all how you perceive it. Jim Brown isn't wrong, it's just not my choice. Nor is Emmitt or Walter Payton or that guy who kept saying Earl Campbell.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Never once did I call anyone out who wasn't already going full steam with the attack. You insulted me repeatedly when I never said anything personal to you. You even acknowledged it. Now read her post again, I specifically responded to the fact that she called me out with attitude. And it was undeserved, as the thing she called me out for was wrong.

I promise you I will never call out a poster on this forum in the negative manner you guys have me. I will not report you, this is your house and you can where your shoes all over the carpet all you like. I will not because I respect it is your house. I'm allowed to disagree with opinions, and state my own to diversify arguments. I am also allowed to defend myself when applicable.

I also hate making posts that have nothing to do with the OP, and I hope to have to do it no longer. How about people just stop making personal attacks, argue the post and the thread and then just move on if it isn't going where you want it?

My facts on Barry's age are right, not matter the mud you sling to try and deny it.
Go to Reddit and talk with rival fans dip **** Eagles fan. They’re nice there. They like other fans. We hate Eagles fans here. WELCOME TO CZ

Come in our house and insult our members, our 22

Report me dip Eagles fan.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Go to Reddit and talk with rival fans dip **** Eagles fan. They’re nice there. They like other fans. We hate Eagles fans here. WELCOME TO CZ

Come in our house and insult our members, our 22

Report me dip Eagles fan.

Up until you requested a mod to boot me... for what? I didn't think it was a major problem anyway. You're more rowdy than most and I dont have the anger thing you admitted in the other thread. usually all in good fun. But banned, for what?

Them

Reaction score
Murica and COWBOYS, Martian, brother
VnSd6oT.jpg

Them

Reaction score
Up until you requested a mod to boot me... for what? I didn't think it was a major problem anyway. You're more rowdy than most and I dont have the anger thing you admitted in the other thread. usually all in good fun. But banned, for what?

...Evidently your an eagle fan...right! So it pretty much goes without saying (at least by me,) that Cowboy fans and eagle fans are just incompatible!.
I mean, you wouldn't catch me dead on the Eagle's site...MY question just has to be....If your team is so "All That"...why on God's green earth would you come over here....unless to start it!...Eh?

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Your history is off. Emmitt won his Super Bowls in his first 6 seasons.

I don’t care how successful Zeke is under his 5-year contract. I don’t give him a five or six year extension. Period.

Backs. Don’t. Last.
My history is fine. If Emmitt walked after 6 years, there is a strong chance that a contender would have signed him and he could have gone on to win another(s) Super Bowls. Money is always important, but Emmitt wanted football immortality and would have sought out a contender. Emmitt still had plenty left in his tank and the downturn of the team was because of our owner's ego and not Emmitt's "decreased" ability. The fallout would have been cataclysmic letting Emmitt walk and seeing him still crank out 1300yd seasons and winning Super Bowl(s) with another team.

CWR

Reaction score
@Aerolithe_Lion post from another thread, folks. An Eagles fan:

“I'm the cheetah following the pack. I'll pick out your weak and show them to you so you can take note. Some of you won't like it, but hopefully you respect what I'm doing.”

Just want to put this out there for you Cowboys fans. He’s gonna “pick out members here and show us who’s weak.”

Ok Eagles fan. We’re shaking in our boots. Way to make a first impression on a rival team’s board...

Lol hes delusional, awesome.